**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wars and matching

Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
2300 vs 3500

None of the top 15 alliance ever face each other....whats up with that, need to get in that global chat where they let each other know when to match I guess.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    2300 vs 3500 is still tier 1 alliances. My alliance is in the top 100 a lot and we aren't even close to 3000
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Matchmaking is broken my 2nd id alliance is 1.7mil tier8 war got match with 8mil alliance it's really getting boring to play war if they not fair
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    As others have comments in other threads:
    1) Several top alliances have an agreement that they don't queue until another finds a war, avoiding them facing each other but still face other T1 alliances.

2) New trend is a lot of previously tier 1 alliances are swapping alliances and conceding AQ rank rewards for a week. This allows them to do a win streak in AW as they bust up the lower tiers and get easier shards.

Neither instance is an exploit in my opinion though just causes headaches for others when you get matched up with them. The second instance is really not much different than under the old AQ system, pre-blackout, a lot of alliances would swap weekly to get t4cc every week.

Until a system exists that rewards higher quality alliances the rewards to justify bashing each other's brains out and potentially notably more item consumption they will find ways to work within the system design to optimize their effort vs. rewards.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    1) Several top alliances have an agreement that they don't queue until another finds a war, avoiding them facing each other but still face other T1 alliances.

2) New trend is a lot of previously tier 1 alliances are swapping alliances and conceding AQ rank rewards for a week. This allows them to do a win streak in AW as they bust up the lower tiers and get easier shards.

Neither instance is an exploit in my opinion though just causes headaches for others when you get matched up with them. The second instance is really not much different than under the old AQ system, pre-blackout, a lot of alliances would swap weekly to get t4cc every week.

Until a system exists that rewards higher quality alliances the rewards to justify bashing each other's brains out and potentially notably more item consumption they will find ways to work within the system design to optimize their effort vs. rewards.

Purposely working the system is an exploit though. Lots of people pay for this game, the top alliances manipulate the outcome of what opponents they get which is an exploit of the system. It be like the Golden State Warriors only playing teams that miss the playoffs to make it to the championship game. Kabams losing money when top teams dont play each other.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    hardly losing money...lmao.

it may be an explout but its not against the rules. its actually clever and efficient game play
  • No matter what is said it's still nonsense.
    hardly losing money...lmao.

it may be an explout but its not against the rules. its actually clever and efficient game play

So was alliance jumping...
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    TacoScotty wrote: »

Purposely working the system is an exploit though. Lots of people pay for this game, the top alliances manipulate the outcome of what opponents they get which is an exploit of the system. It be like the Golden State Warriors only playing teams that miss the playoffs to make it to the championship game. Kabams losing money when top teams dont play each other.

and so?? are u happy to spend 1 odin for each war??? if u need to do 100% ? tell me when u know how to win a war without spending..... and wars have 1 winner and 1 looser ... and u will be happy if u face with a empty def team noob? right? learn to play before to write

I don't think its fair top alliances don't fight each other and only fight weaker alliances. Thats definitely a competitive advantage.

Learn to play? Whats that have to do with anything I still 1 shot their boss while noded lol. Doesn't have anything to do with this post. We get it your one of the groups that does it and don't want kabam to stop giving you your cake matchups cuz your scared of losing lol.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Some alliances were formed by top players starting at the bottom tier and had to work their way back to the top after leaving an alliance and starting a new one. I've been in a couple alliances starting from 0 war rating and winning wars until we were in tier 5 and up