**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Can we make some changes to the energy required to complete Act 4 and Act 5? Or at least offer some energy refills at a discount again?
    For newer players these changes will force them to choose between completing monthly special events or going for those story quests.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    DD2 wrote: »
    Kabam wrote:
    Why We’re Releasing 6-Star Champions

As The Contest grows, some of our most dedicated and long-term players are also growing with it. It’s important for us to create new content and new ways that these players can continue to progress in the game, so that there is always more for them to achieve and more for them to do.

This says all we need to know.

99% of the player base just got their rosters defiled and devalued so Kabam can cater to the top 1%.

I think you're misunderstanding that statement. The way I read it, the 1% (actually way less) were getting too close to the end game so they moved the finish line further out. The trickle down effect hits every player though, even the tops aren't happy about this announcement.

This change will hit us much harder than the top 1%. They don't mind funneling 10s of thousands into the game, they''ll be back on their feet in months.

Anyone behind the T4C wall is screwed even more as the top guys will gain prestige much faster now and further increase their already giant lead.

But who's to say they want to do it all again? And why, when it will eventually be devalued as well? I'm guessing you're behind the "T4c wall" so you may not be the best person to say what the top players like or don't like. I understand your frustration, I'm on the other side of the "wall" and feel it too.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    O come on your being dramatic, but its true, having a lot of 4 stars doesn't mean your a pro after 6 stars come out.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    kabam should add one rank available to all champs except 1 stars, that way 4 stars can become more powerful to take on 6 stars one they come out
  • jjvegajjvega Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't say "all of a sudden". This is still at least 5 months away, and the way that 5-Stars didn't make 4-Stars obsolete, these won't be making them obsolete very soon either.

Kabam Miike I noticed you keep referencing how 5* didn't make 4* obsolete but as a player of over 2 years they certainly made 3* obsolete. So please don't take the community for fools as we all are well aware that the introduction of 6* which most of us believed 5* was the end all will make the 4* obsolete just the same. So now there is no point in ranking 4* anymore. Best advice hoard your items people 4* are now 3* and now we all know we are busting our butts to rank up a 5* which is now essentially a 4*, that is why we are upset.
  • jjvegajjvega Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    4* now are 3*, no point grinding for that or using 15k shards for a 5* featured that will basically be a 4* now. Way to kill the drive to play Kabam!

What next 10mil loyalty for a 6* unstoppable colossus? Please let us know so we can start saving for the next 6 years.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam thanks, now 5 star will be a most for next AQ season. How about locking the champs you can use to beat 100 percent Act 5 to be 5 stars.
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Posts: 84
    I know I wrote this also in a separate thread, but the topic fits here, too...

I don't know who is responsible for the marketing at Kabam. But what's the purpose of installing 6* star champs? I play since several years now and honestly I do not need even the 5* star champs You forced us to need them, but not for something new, only to have a chance to go on in this game. Next year there will be the 7* star champs? Sorry, Bullsh...

I wait since YEARS for the BASE. This is a topic that would really motivate me to play this game again, but nothing happens. In this connection you have to excuse my bad English...it's not native tongue, but could please translate the phrase "COMING SOON" on the base side?
    My current situation is: AQ - AW - AQ - AW......t4b arena....AQ - AW....t4b arena......Oh, a new event quest....AQ -AW....and repeat....so boring
    The only thing that keeps me staying are the nice posts, when chatting with the guys from the alliance...by the why...through Line of course, because your in game is and stays f...terrible. Ah, did I mentioned something that you could renew or improve? Sorry no, you want to implement 6* champs

So my suggestion is: DO SOMETHING REALLY NEW

The result of 6* champs is only one thing: Opponents with harder advantages through nodes...This you are already doing and we already had when you started with 5* champs.

So why once more 6* champs?
    The answer:
    Making people jealous on the gamers...mostly on gamers from MMXIV (I'm still pretty sure that these guys are employees or sponsors of Kabam), who will have them first....and as result force those people to spend money....money rules the world.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm really willing to spend some money on the game, but....and I guess you have an idea what comes now...NOT FOR F... 6* CHAMPS.

I guess I will be banned after this post, but maybe I'm surprised and you see as a constructive criticism and not as an insult and you change something in your strategy

Kind regards
    A faithful an a little disappointed player
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    This game has lost income still nice 12.0. Hmmmmmmmmmm. It lost its fun factor as well. Conection. Yep
    rjancasz wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5* (and eventually 6*). While increasing or removing the cap on the number of T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start, it is not enough.

exactly, wish I could rank what I have now. 86 4* on roster. 21 R5, 24 R4 and 38 R3. This is over two years of play. Still can't rank them all up. stupid.

Now basically all that work obtaining them was waste. My money spent was a waste. My time was a waste. Feel like a undervalued customer. My payment credentials have been removed from app store.

I am debating if I still want to spend the time which is also valuable to your player base.

I suggest making ranking a hero up a lot easier. Then maybe we can get back to enjoying this game.

A suggestion:

Let us built a 2* league...We all make a new account and play only 2* champs there...The features and difficulties are the same in relation?

Just think about it. All the highly skilled players do only play accounts with 2* champs..fun is the same, but no money needed...
    OK....too low? Then a 3* league?
    But you then to grind again in the arenas...
    Pry22 wrote: »
    This game has lost income still nice 12.0. Hmmmmmmmmmm. It lost its fun factor as well. Conection. Yep
    @Kabam Miike you are clearly reading these posts and yet continue to stay silent on the numerous comments about the lack of rank resources like T4B, T1A and gold...should the community assume that is on purpose and that the game team is limiting these resources intentionally? Why should players get excited about and invest in 6* when there is a glaring issue with rank resources right now, which will only get worse when 6* are released? Increasing the availability of T4C is pointless without increasing the resources that go along with T4C to rank 4* and 5* (and eventually 6*). While increasing or removing the cap on the number of T4C we can keep in our inventory is a good start, it is not enough.

exactly, wish I could rank what I have now. 86 4* on roster. 21 R5, 24 R4 and 38 R3. This is over two years of play. Still can't rank them all up. stupid.

Now basically all that work obtaining them was waste. My money spent was a waste. My time was a waste. Feel like a undervalued customer. My payment credentials have been removed from app store.

I am debating if I still want to spend the time which is also valuable to your player base.

I suggest making ranking a hero up a lot easier. Then maybe we can get back to enjoying this game.

My friend not all champs should be ranked. You need to choose how to invest your resources. It is all about variety. I personally have 20 maxed 4 stars and and I will never max a 4 star again. I stopped ranking 4 stars in April 2017. I am focused on ranking 5 stars only.

1. Learn how to adapt
    2. Be smart
    3. Invest your resources wisely
    4. Have a full stash at all times
    5. Enjoy the game it is just A GAME
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    CapWW2 wrote: »

My friend not all champs should be ranked. You need to choose how to invest your resources. It is all about variety. I personally have 20 maxed 4 stars and and I will never max a 4 star again. I stopped ranking 4 stars in April 2017. I am focused on ranking 5 stars only.

1. Learn how to adapt
    2. Be smart

So now I have to enjoy the game like you play??? The point of getting a champ is so you can play with them therefore rank them. Thats the purpose of the game to me. Take that away and it isn't fun.

1. Learn how to adapt
    2. Be smart

So now I have to enjoy the game like you play??? The point of getting a champ is so you can play with them therefore rank them. Thats the purpose of the game to me. Take that away and it isn't fun.

Get the 3 star version and fight beginner and normal,

Why grind 17 million for a 4 star? It is nonsense mate. Think about it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    One of the many things that continues to baffle me is that champs like BW, SW and Doc were purportedly too powerful and needed to be diminished via 12.0 lest they break the game. Never mind the obvious problem--namely, that new champs like GwenPool, Voodoo, Hyperion and whichever other top champ you want to include have simply taken their place--but you now have confirmation of upcoming 5* proliferation and the addition shortly of 6* champs at least in quests (new AQ season also?). Surely, strategies and plans change, but now that carpet bombing of some of the best and best-loved champs looks plain silly. Wonder whether my 5/50 L99 BW will even crit against a 6* Spidey.

Dr. Zola
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I'll be honest I'm done with the constant grind. As everything I work for gets devalued theres really no point to continue playing this game like I have been. 4* arenas are now pointless for me. Theres really no reason to try to rank up players anymore either. So at this point I really am just going to cruise into becoming a free player. I have spent quite a lot of money on the game and It was fun but I expected 5*s to be around for a few years before anything would be introduced. So now that my champs are devalued I just can't do this anymore. So sad, such a great product but really really terrible management from the developers.
    All these people complaining about 6 stars are depressed that they grinded so much for 4 stars lmao. Seriously, no one is forcing you to grind! Adapt
    edited August 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    I'll be honest I'm done with the constant grind. As everything I work for gets devalued theres really no point to continue playing this game like I have been. 4* arenas are now pointless for me. Theres really no reason to try to rank up players anymore either. So at this point I really am just going to cruise into becoming a free player. I have spent quite a lot of money on the game and It was fun but I expected 5*s to be around for a few years before anything would be introduced. So now that my champs are devalued I just can't do this anymore. So sad, such a great product but really really terrible management from the developers.

Welcome to my way of playing, you will love it. But dont get confortable, because 5 stars arenas are around the corner.

However be smart this time mate, history will repeat itself with 7 stars.
    Cap, actually you are right...
    Best way is to boycot the 6* champs...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Welcome to my way of playing, you will love it. But dont get confortable, because 5 stars arenas are around the corner.

However be smart this time mate, history will repeat itself with 7 stars.

Yeah this has forced me into semi-retirement. I really enjoyed the game though and the competition but it looks like Kabam is forcing the game to shut down to start a new one probably. They probably realize that they can't fix all the broken problems and a new start is warranted. This will force the whales to leave which will shut down the game. But I won't be playing a Kabam game again or a Netmarble game after seeing how they handle this. PS4 is gonna get dusted off for gaming entertainment.
  • TaintedTainted Posts: 15
    Wow. It's really mind blowing the way you expect to make money adding stars to champs untill...there's no more room in the icons ?
    You people are getting tons of money from players spending their time to get something that they hope will not be nerfed or devalued in time and yet .. this is what happens all the time.
    I get greed, I understand it completely. I mean, this is a business and it should be run like one but you should be freaking creative about it. Adding another star to champs and increasing their base health and attack is really borderline moronic. And you expect players to start grinding now for 6 stars ? Wow.
    It's really dissapointing the way you never learn that the changes you make to the game shouldn't affect the player community that much.
    Granted, this time it has been announced in advance but is it really enough when players expect good content and creativity from a game they are usually investing money in ?
    Wow, just wow.
    In Globe are some guys, who think that this is the last trial to keep this game alive...
  • mwoods255mwoods255 Posts: 5
    I have never seen a game that just blatantly ignores the feedback from the player base. Kabam, just so you know, here is a list of things many of the players want:
    1) fix bugs/crashes
    2) add bases as promised over a year ago
    3) add T5BC's to the game
    4) make T2A's more obtainable

Conversely, here is a list of things almost nobody wants:
    1) 6 star champions
    2) champion nerfs after months of time put in
    3) gear
    Contest of Champions 2 coming summer 2018!
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    vrto wrote: »
    With such 4* devaluation incoming, I believe you should consider to send an adjustment pack with 4* derank tickets, at the very least... Not everyone is swimming in T4 catalysts you certainly know, and the ones used on 4* were hard to obtain!

That would be the "right" thing to do... so don't hold your breath.

It's depressing to look at my 430K plus account and feel like I've wasted a boat load of resources on meaningless 4 star champs now that 6 stars are coming. 5 4 star RDTs would be appreciated. Or more.
    RDTs would be pointless. 6* are six months out, RDTs last one month, and stash holds for one month. You'd have to use em or lose em anyway.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    RDTs would be pointless. 6* are six months out, RDTs last one month, and stash holds for one month. You'd have to use em or lose em anyway.

I would USE them on 5 star champs that wouldn't suffer from CR. This would help me future proof my lineup so I don't have to start all over again.