**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Account banned for no reason (need help)

2»

Comments

• WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Lol
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited August 2017
    chunkyb wrote: »
    This is the reason ppl shouldn't be so quick to damn any user that posts here about being banned. Simply point them to the mods/admins and go about your business. There's absolutely zero reason for all the vitriol I see in these threads. Even seen a few idiots make fun of poor English in some threads...linking non English speakers with modders based solely on their attempted use of a non-native language. It's pathetic and childish in every way.

So one account, where even in that one you dont know the actual truth, means all the other 1000s of cheaters must be innocent, dont think so. Maybe someone is sweating a bit I think??

Not in the least. Just pointing out that despite the love of the taste of blood in these forums... The track record of kabam getting things right is very poor. How ppl don't see that an take a pause is beyond me. But then again the morons on this board don't get most things right either. Thx for point in that out as well

But sure, target me if you want, dude. I'm clean as hell and able to deal with trolls.

So disagreeing with you makes me a troll, the classic defence of someone like you. Please go and ask a grown-up about people not all being the same little man

And I really dont believe Kabam wake up one day and think " lets ban people who pay us a lot of money and keep us in jobs for no reason whatsoever, it will be fun and the share holders will be happy"

As for Kabam being poor at what they do, how many multi-national online games that brings in hundreds of millions of pounds in every week have you started and made a success?
  • Darling91Darling91 Posts: 17
    Sue them.
    Darling91 wrote: »
    Sue them.

who and for what??
    Take legal action. I'd love to see the result of that. Round up all of those other people that have been "banned for no reason" and you got yourself a class action lawsuit.

Actually now I understand that Kabam has all the right to do everything they want. I don't plan to take any legal actions. I will lose the case for sure even I didn't nothing wrong. Now I want from Kabam is just a fair explanation.

If you get that, then surely you will be unbanned? You have stated that you are 100% certain you never cheated or account shared, so you are innocent, so they will give you your account back

If they dont do that are we to assume that you forgot the one time your cat knocked the buttons?

No, we are to assume he would like his account back without having to pursue legal action, duh.

Your missing my point matey. I hope that is the outcome, but if that isnt the outcome and Kabam dont unban him, does that mean he did break the rules?
  • Steve76sSteve76s Posts: 23
    I'm on the same boat. Got banned and no reason given. I have (had) over 15 r5 4 stars and can't even get a word in, they just keep saying banned. I have no clue on how to contact an administrator and spent thousands on this damn game
    edited August 2017
    OP, if you would like Kabams head office number to call customer care there direct please pm me

(650) 450-xxxx

or

+1 415-391-xxxx
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Steve76s wrote: »
    I'm on the same boat. Got banned and no reason given. I have (had) over 15 r5 4 stars and can't even get a word in, they just keep saying banned. I have no clue on how to contact an administrator and spent thousands on this damn game

Join OPs lawsuit.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Dear ALL,

I have been playing MCOC for two and a half years. I have been playing the game daily until yesterday I found that my account was permanently banned.

I have submitted a ticket to Kabam team, here is the response I received:

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Customer Support.

Our records indicate that this account has been banned for violating our Terms of Service, with regards to account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game. In order to ensure the security of our game, we will be unable to share exact investigation details that led to the action taken on this account. For further information on our Terms of Service, please see:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service

We reserve the right to make judgement calls based on the severity of the Terms of Service violations we take action on, which means that certain offenses may come with different ban periods. These timeframes are not up for debate and may range from a temporary ban to a permanent ban. This decision is made with the overall health of The Contest in mind, and the level of negative impact your Terms of Service violation may have had on other Summoners that play Marvel Contest of Champions.

This account will remain permanently suspended, and note that Support cannot and will not overturn this account suspension. Any such actions are considered final.

Regards,
    Kabam Support

For me this is an unacceptable decision. I am 100% sure that I am the only one playing my account and I have never used any third party applications. I have been playing the game for more than 2 and a half years. Also I've spent thousands of dollars into the game. All of a sudden it's all gone.

It's very strange that Kabam says that my account is with regards to "account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game" while they refuse to show any prove.

I am planning to take legal actions and I need some guide on how to do it. If anyone could offer me some tiny help. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very sorry this happened to your account but the way the algorithm works to pick up account sharers and modders would make it almost impossible for it to make a complete mistake. So far it doesn't seem like kabam has made a single mistake when it comes to banning wrong people the algorithm looks for certain actions done in your game history and these action would be near impossible to recreate if you were playing the game honestly. VPN's don't directly impact your in game history same with screen recording footage. Moving to a different location has also been stated to not effect bans. You may be a true player and maybe you used a mod when you first started playing or account shared a few years ago and sadly even though it was so long ago it is completely justified to ban you. In regards to taking legal action I would be very hesitant to do so. First, this is something that if you chose to take legal action against kabam would be very easy for them to prove that you violated the ToS. All they need is confirmation of your apple ID and account info and they can prove at what date what happened and confirm you did something in game that is impossible with standard playing and went against ToS. Secondly, the money and time you would put into pursuing legal action is simply not worth the risk. I don't know that you cheated but looking at the algorithm's track record it seems very unlikely you were banned without reason, even if you shared your account once and you take legal action that 1 account of account sharing will make you lose the case. Finally, no matter how much money you've spent or the proof of spending you have you technically have no evidence to support your claims so the instant this becomes a legal issue kabam has all the legal ground to stand on and since they are the ones that have all the evidence the case will be based off of it doesn't look like it will go in your favour. Even if you settle out of court you won't get back even close to all you put in the game and would most likely not been worth putting the money and time into creating a legal case against them
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It's a double standard. They cheat us regularly but act like it is fair play. Game crashes costing us real money and they act like it is perfectly fine. Show some integrity and consistency. If you ban cheaters, then make up for the times we have been cheated. Quit profiting from "emergency maintenance"
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    even if you are innocent, Kabam never speaks about the status of individual accounts on the forums. Gotta create a support ticket. Nothing is going to get accomplished here.
    Sungj wrote: »
    Dear ALL,

I have been playing MCOC for two and a half years. I have been playing the game daily until yesterday I found that my account was permanently banned.

I have submitted a ticket to Kabam team, here is the response I received:

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting Kabam Customer Support.

Our records indicate that this account has been banned for violating our Terms of Service, with regards to account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game. In order to ensure the security of our game, we will be unable to share exact investigation details that led to the action taken on this account. For further information on our Terms of Service, please see:

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service

We reserve the right to make judgement calls based on the severity of the Terms of Service violations we take action on, which means that certain offenses may come with different ban periods. These timeframes are not up for debate and may range from a temporary ban to a permanent ban. This decision is made with the overall health of The Contest in mind, and the level of negative impact your Terms of Service violation may have had on other Summoners that play Marvel Contest of Champions.

This account will remain permanently suspended, and note that Support cannot and will not overturn this account suspension. Any such actions are considered final.

Regards,
    Kabam Support

For me this is an unacceptable decision. I am 100% sure that I am the only one playing my account and I have never used any third party applications. I have been playing the game for more than 2 and a half years. Also I've spent thousands of dollars into the game. All of a sudden it's all gone.

It's very strange that Kabam says that my account is with regards to "account sharing and/or the use of third party applications that alter the mechanics of the game" while they refuse to show any prove.

I am planning to take legal actions and I need some guide on how to do it. If anyone could offer me some tiny help. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very sorry this happened to your account but the way the algorithm works to pick up account sharers and modders would make it almost impossible for it to make a complete mistake. So far it doesn't seem like kabam has made a single mistake when it comes to banning wrong people the algorithm looks for certain actions done in your game history and these action would be near impossible to recreate if you were playing the game honestly. VPN's don't directly impact your in game history same with screen recording footage. Moving to a different location has also been stated to not effect bans. You may be a true player and maybe you used a mod when you first started playing or account shared a few years ago and sadly even though it was so long ago it is completely justified to ban you. In regards to taking legal action I would be very hesitant to do so. First, this is something that if you chose to take legal action against kabam would be very easy for them to prove that you violated the ToS. All they need is confirmation of your apple ID and account info and they can prove at what date what happened and confirm you did something in game that is impossible with standard playing and went against ToS. Secondly, the money and time you would put into pursuing legal action is simply not worth the risk. I don't know that you cheated but looking at the algorithm's track record it seems very unlikely you were banned without reason, even if you shared your account once and you take legal action that 1 account of account sharing will make you lose the case. Finally, no matter how much money you've spent or the proof of spending you have you technically have no evidence to support your claims so the instant this becomes a legal issue kabam has all the legal ground to stand on and since they are the ones that have all the evidence the case will be based off of it doesn't look like it will go in your favour. Even if you settle out of court you won't get back even close to all you put in the game and would most likely not been worth putting the money and time into creating a legal case against them

This is a great post
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    This is the reason ppl shouldn't be so quick to damn any user that posts here about being banned. Simply point them to the mods/admins and go about your business. There's absolutely zero reason for all the vitriol I see in these threads. Even seen a few idiots make fun of poor English in some threads...linking non English speakers with modders based solely on their attempted use of a non-native language. It's pathetic and childish in every way.

No this is the reason people should not make threads about them being banned since it's against the rules no one here will help them they need to submit a ticket
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Probably used mercs. I see 2 more people in your alliance who might have been banned as well
  • We do not discuss Bans or actions taken on individual accounts in the forums. The moderation team does not have the ability to investigate these situations.

We do not take actions on accounts (like banning) without being very confident in those actions. We do our due diligence, and will not be reversing any of the actions after an investigation.

OP, I'm sorry to say, but there is nothing that we will do about this now if the Support Team has already made their decision.

Closing this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.