**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"Carry Over" Mechanic

2»

Comments

• Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    Great Minds think alike! This has actually been in the works for quite some time. We started working on Persistent Charges waaaaay back when, and have only recently been able to bring them in to the Contest. But we're happy that you wanted something like this to begin with!

@Kabam Miike technically, this post was the second I made on the subject. And I'm sure you have been working on it a while, as it is a great idea, but what confuses me is why for weeks I was trying to get one of you to respond to this idea and no one would. Now it's implemented and claimed as your own. Even if you actually had been working on it longer than my posts were active, (which I'm sure is true giving you the benefit of the doubt), saying as much in my post weeks ago before you implemented it would have been nice. If you would have posted this before implementing it, I would have felt validated. Posting after the fact makes me feel like my idea was ripped off. I think generally there should be steps made to better the relationship with the community.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Team doesn't comment on future unfinished updates. They couldn't come here and say "we will introduce this and that".
    You just had the same idea than them, that's all
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Also, they can't very well come out and say "Suggestion A came from B". If they say they've been working on it a while, I believe it. These things are usually worked on well in advance. It's not a situation where they just whip up a Champ last week of the month.
    @GroundedWisdom they could easily give shutouts to those that contributed. Beyond that, they could have responded to the post even if minutes before the release.
    At this point, @Kabam Miike could at least give his thoughts on the other characters suggested in the post for the same mechanic
    The answer would be "We will pass it to the team".
    It doesn't confirm anything so it would be the same. The maximum they could do would be introducing something and saying "this is an idea from a player"
    And I think that would be the right step forward.
    They did it in the past. They didn't did it this time because they didn't were inspired by this thread. It was their idea after all
    Could be. The only proof we have tho is my thread appearing before they implemented it... Like I said, it gives the wrong impression
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I think it is pretty presumptuous to think the one or two thread you posted even remotely impacted kabam's implementation of certain mechanics in morning star and mephisto. It's like if everybody who created a thread on wanting blade to be added to the contest demanded credit for him being actually implemented in game or people who made posts about act 5 wanting recognition when act 5 was actually added. Your idea is very general and ideas like it has been floating around the forums for a very long time I can assure you kabam was not influenced by your post. Their game team has stated they have a baseline for characters and events going all the way to 2020 so they have been working on carry over mechanics far longer than your posts have existed. and their implementation of captured souls is much more in depth and interesting than your proposed ideas for the carry over mechanic.
    edited September 2017
    @Sungj it's pretty presumptuous to assume my thoughts without reading all that was said. Try reading next time before posting. I already said I was sure they had started working on it before my post. My problem is they should have commented on the post prior to release. They should be working on encouraging and building the community rather than discouraging it. The way it was handled gives the wrong IMPRESSION regardless of facts.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom they could easily give shutouts to those that contributed. Beyond that, they could have responded to the post even if minutes before the release.
    Could be. The only proof we have tho is my thread appearing before they implemented it... Like I said, it gives the wrong impression
    .@Kabam Miike technically, this post was the second I made on the subject. And I'm sure you have been working on it a while, as it is a great idea, but what confuses me is why for weeks I was trying to get one of you to respond to this idea and no one would. Now it's implemented and claimed as your own. Even if you actually had been working on it longer than my posts were active, (which I'm sure is true giving you the benefit of the doubt), saying as much in my post weeks ago before you implemented it would have been nice. If you would have posted this before implementing it, I would have felt validated. Posting after the fact makes me feel like my idea was ripped off. I think generally there should be steps made to better the relationship with the community.
    Well, Mephisto and Morningstar both have now used my idea. Glad kabam liked it... Only wish they'd acknowledge where it came from haha oh well

I meant no disrespect and I'm sorry if I came off that way but if you look at a few of your responses its clear that you feel like you contributed to the idea or at least are questioning the originality of the new mechanic. Even on the post where you repeatedly say you know they have been working on it before you, you still question their claim. Based on your comments I quoted above there isn't much room for argument on whether or not you felt you contributed at least a little in some way on the implementation of persistent souls. Now going to your point of why they didn't respond I'm going back to my Blade analogy, why don't they respond and say they were working on blade on all the post's recommending his addition to the game. Kabam don't want to announce game additions when they are not finished so they do not know yet if it will be a true addition, announce additions too early or add any unnecessary community anticipation that could be taken in negative light especially nowadays with people complaining about kabam working on new content while so many bugs exist. It does not give the wrong impression it is unreasonable for one to expect kabam to confirm or deny every single idea that is put out on the forums. It certainly doesn't discourage the community that kabam doesn't confirm content they have in the works that relate to certain threads, people still constantly suggest ideas and that has never slowed.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    i really doubt THEY got this idea from you coz we all know, THEY barely read this forum lol.. even kabam nut huggers can agree on this
  • JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    I like the concept, but I think it should apply to a champ's power bar only. It would be more helpful than anything else.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    I’ve always thought that since health is carried over fight to fight within a quest that energy should be as well.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Something I think would freshen the game up substantially and bring excitement to some otherwise dull characters is a "Carry Over" mechanic which would apply fight to fight within the same quest. To better illustrate this, below is a small list of characters (old and new) I think it would work well for:

Rogue - when rogue KOs an opponent using lifesteal, her sp1 is replaced by that opponents sp2 for the next fight. This effect lasts for 1 fight and resets or when rogue is KO'd

Antman - each time after using his sp3, antman grows slightly in size increasing his attack and physical resistance by 1%. This effect resets when antman is KO'd.

Magneto - as magnetos powers grow, his magnetism reduces ability accuracy an additional 5% for each champion he KOs. This effect is reset when magneto is KO'd.

Gladiator Hulk - gains 2 permanent fury buffs for each champion he KOs. Resets when GH is KO'd.

The Leader - his adaptive learning grants him an additional 10% chance to evade special attacks for each champion he KOs. This effect is reset when The Leader is KO'd, and if revived receives a permanent concussion debuff.

Thoughts? Other champions it would work well with? Let's get kabams attention on this one, it would add a totally new dynamic to certain champions! Comment! Like!

While I have nothing constructive to add at this point in time, it's a good idea nevertheless

Only problem is setting.

You're gonna get a lot of programmers fired as Rogue will be utilising all sorts of SP2 motions for different accounts and different modes

Imagine Rogue SP2 Hulk....she claps, but no windforce comes out
    Or Rogue doing Magneto SP2 but no barrage of metal
    Or Rogue doing countless other SP2..... she might have the moves, but she probably won't have the specials. If they can code this, it's high chance the first thing that will get broken.

Kinda like Juggernaut doing AntMan SP1 which was funny, but that was because he was "SET" like that. But changing every match will be a headache for programmers
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Actually they can't. That would give the impression that they favor the ideas of some Players more than others, and open up a whole host of other reactions.
    Even when they consider ideas, they rarely adopt the entire idea based on suggestions. Typically Developers take feedback and apply it to the framework they're already looking at. If it fits, they adopt it.
    As for the Posts, they can't respond to all of them. They're open to everyone's feedback. They have mentioned they've been working on it for some time. Apparently you had an idea that was congruent with theirs. That means you were on the same page. There's no need for a special shout-out with that. You had a good idea. They had a good idea. That's good.
    Just, to be fair, My first post on this topic was June 6th. That is crazy early to have suggested this mechanic for the game considering it only came out 4 months later. I wonder when kabam "first started working on it"
    The team have plans up to 2020. They could be starting to create this mechanic 1 year ago, only the know
    True true, but that's where I think it's a problem. It means any great Idea from a summoner can get easily ripped off. Not saying it IS ripped off. But it can be and we have no way of knowing.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    This thread....it is just so needy.....ffs....