**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thanks Kabam Mike

vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
Just thought with all the displeasure going on we should take a second to acknowledge that Kabam Mike deserves some thanks.

Im sure a lot of us have been there when our companies make our job difficult and just feel like with all the recent outages and bugs going on Kabam Mike has done an excellent job dealing with all of us.

Instead of taking time to make more posts about how the game is down lets take time to look at something positive.

Sincerest thanks (this is not said sarcastically or a troll post)

Comments

• MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    agreed. unfortunately being at the fore front of support can be a rough job. fortunately for him and the other mods tbey dont have to deal with this player base in person!
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Are you Kabam Mike?
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Good looks Mike B)
    Sorry you gotta deal with all the bull.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Kabam had a rough day today
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Are you Kabam Mike?
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    It's the job he accepted he gets paid.
    That's.more then enough

Forgot how sad some people can be my apologies.

I was just pointing out something positive i noticed
  • Vinnie has a good point
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I agree. Sometimes people forget that there are human beings on the other side of the computer. Moderators are facilitators. They take a great deal of flack for things out of their control. It's been quite a day. Anyone who has worked Customer Service knows the feeling. They get that we are concerned. They're still people. Lol. Makes for a hard day at work.
  • ThisguyThisguy Posts: 80
    Totally agree, this is in no way the mods fault. They deserves props for keeping their cool with some of the posts.

However, what alternative do we have? Who else do we communicate our frustrations with? It's not like the programmers (Or whatever, I'm not tech savvy) are listening to our concerns. Our only hope is that the mods relay our messages. Which I like to hope they do but they seem to be falling on deaf ears.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I appreciate when mike is on here putting out fires outside of his typical 9-5.

However, that being said and with the addition of new moderators, who were added this week, I expect more timely response from mods on the forums when there are out of the odinary i.e. Game outages.

Omni
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    I agree. Sometimes people forget that there are human beings on the other side of the computer. Moderators are facilitators. They take a great deal of flack for things out of their control. It's been quite a day. Anyone who has worked Customer Service knows the feeling. They get that we are concerned. They're still people. Lol. Makes for a hard day at work.

Can't handle it quit.. it's really not hard

So much of the player base suffers from some general anhedonia that it is no surprise kabam doesn't take us seriously when there are real game issues.
    I feel bad that trolls ruin our discredited voice as a community.

But seriously at least learn to pick and choose your battles. You ever hear about the boy who cried wolf...

I'm not in a battle... I'm just saying it's not a hard job and it really doesn't deserve respect to me
    That opinion is ignorant. Have you worked Customer Service? Call Center? Food Industry? Any place that requires high amounts of stress? Do you know how it is to deal with frustrated people day in and day out? With generalizations and blame for things you can't help? It's a hard job. Perhaps not milling logs, but stress is just as hard as any physical labor job. Just a different form of difficulty. Fact is, it's someone's "job" to clean the Mall Washroom, or pick up trash. They still deserve equal respect. When someone serves me food, they still deserve the courtesy of saying, "Thank you!". That sense of entitlement and irreverence is not respective to the fact that someone makes the game possible we complain about, and someone makes it possible for us to communicate issues. If you think it's not a hard job because they are sitting in front of a computer, I implore you to try it for 6 months and see how well you fear with the stress.

couldnt have said it better
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    for once, i agree with GroundedWisdom. however, none of the mods are actually communicating anything other than what we already knew "the game is down".

So much of the player base suffers from some general anhedonia that it is no surprise kabam doesn't take us seriously when there are real game issues.

But seriously at least learn to pick and choose your battles. You ever hear about the boy who cried wolf...

I'm not in a battle... I'm just saying it's not a hard job and it really doesn't deserve respect to me
    That opinion is ignorant. Have you worked Customer Service? Call Center? Food Industry? Any place that requires high amounts of stress? Do you know how it is to deal with frustrated people day in and day out? With generalizations and blame for things you can't help? It's a hard job. Perhaps not milling logs, but stress is just as hard as any physical labor job. Just a different form of difficulty. Fact is, it's someone's "job" to clean the Mall Washroom, or pick up trash. They still deserve equal respect. When someone serves me food, they still deserve the courtesy of saying, "Thank you!". That sense of entitlement and irreverence is not respective to the fact that someone makes the game possible we complain about, and someone makes it possible for us to communicate issues. If you think it's not a hard job because they are sitting in front of a computer, I implore you to try it for 6 months and see how well you fear with the stress.

I did customer service for over a decade for America online.you think these forums are angry? Hahaha right

Anyone who knows what it's like should have more respect.

I did customer service for over a decade for America online.you think these forums are angry? Hahaha right

You cannot genuinely believe your experience trumps all experience. Your posts are strictly subjective.
    beaupoem wrote: »
    for once, i agree with GroundedWisdom. however, none of the mods are actually communicating anything other than what we already knew "the game is down".

That's not entirely true. There was a Sticky when it went down the first time and it was updated the second time. All they could say was they were sorry and they were working on it. Not much more could be said at that time.

Meh it was a job I accepted and was paid for didn't really care what people yelled I still got paid . Again if you

You cannot genuinely believe your experience trumps all experience. Your posts are strictly subjective.

As are yours....

Smh, that says it all

Meh it was a job I accepted and was paid for didn't really care what people yelled I still got paid . Again if you

As are yours....

To be clear, that wasn't a dig at you personally. I just feel that there is a degree of empathy that usually comes with working particular fields.
This discussion has been closed.