**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Most Underrated champ

Comments

• Luke Cage
    Luke Cage. His duped ability is really good. Most times in AW you just die accidentally to a combo, but nah not with Luke cage.

• Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Punisher 2099
    Killawabz wrote: »
    Luke Cage. His duped ability is really good. Most times in AW you just die accidentally to a combo, but nah not with Luke cage.

It can be used once per fight tho, and don't forget that he hits like a soft cake
  • RichiestylzRichiestylz Posts: 53
    Jane foster use her sp1 and stun away with light and medium shots
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Other(comment them below)
    Collosus
  • I've gone ahead and changed the section this thread was in so it should be a little easier for people to find now.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Lfer58 wrote: »
    Red hulk when you start to know how to use him

Tell me how to properly use him, please. Cause I got him as my first 5* and he's not in my fav list.

And' personally, I think Howard is really underrated. he's a tank and one of the best muties killer.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Tell me how to properly use him, please. Cause I got him as my first 5* and he's not in my fav list.

And' personally, I think Howard is really underrated. he's a tank and one of the best muties killer.

Red Hulk is best when he has 4-6 Heat Charges. When you have 0-4 Heat Charges use his special 1. When you have 5 or 6 Heat Charges use his Special 2 1-2 times depending if you have 5 or 6 HC. If you have 4 HC and he has taken a combo don't use his 1 special unless you can evade like a madman. He gains charges by losing 10% of his health at time.

All I have said will be easy to remember if you practise with him for Duel Skirmish. You'll learn better anyways.
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    edited August 2017
    Luke Cage
    Luke cage is great tank with his physical resist and bleed immunity
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • Luke Cage
    I have a four star cage duplicated and never struggle with him, even if he's at a class disadvantage. There isn't really any champions that are rubbish, even Iron Patriot , you just have to know how to use them and know the champion you're facing
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    War Machine for me...he was my first Tech 4 star, so he is 4/40 and awakened.... He can blitz through a lot for me. :)
  • 4fun4fun Posts: 58
    Old Man Logan
    I love old man logen he is so powerful
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Doesn't Drax also have a 6 hit combo
    GreatScott wrote: »
    moon knight. he's only character in the game with a 6 hit combo. having max deep wounds makes him a great bleed champion. Although he can only process one bleed at a time, each hit has a chance to reset the bleed timer, which in turn also processes deep wounds knocking 1% health off each time his bleed timer resets. Also, when he's in full moon phase he stuns with basic attacks!

Drax and phoenix do 6 hits per combo

Yes I believe Moon Knight, Phoenix, and Drax all have 6 hit combos. Drax on his first hit (great against Mordo) and MK and Phoenix on last hit (which can make chaining combos more challenging).

As far as underrated, I really really like Beast. But he never really works right - especially his Acrobatic mode which Kabam can never seem to fix. This has cost me my champ many times.

I also am a huge fan of Elektra. She's buggy too. She's supposed to land armor breaks on bleed immune champs but sometimes it just says "immune" and she does nothing. But I love her moves, her ability reduction and her sig to finish fights is just awesome. If I ever pulled a 5* I'd use my skill gem on her.

DD (both versions) I like a lot. But they're buggy too. But at least they don't whiff as much as they used to. DD OG is clearly better because of his evade but I like Netflix's armor breaks. It's fun to me to parry-medium repeatedly and stack like 10 armor breaks or more and then release a special. His armor breaks aren't nearly as strong as Thor's but unlike against Thor (when the AI plays more defensively), the AI charges DD more so you can lay those armor breaks faster.

I've always been intrigued by RH and I like his duel damage and heat charge mechanics. Any tips on using him?
  • Lfer58Lfer58 Posts: 65
    CammonRo wrote: »

I've always been intrigued by RH and I like his duel damage and heat charge mechanics. Any tips on using him?

Well red hulk is a character mostly based around base stats. The trick is to use his special 1 two times which if he is awakened will give him six heat charges total. But you cannot go above six or he will lose them all. Now you have play really defensively to play him properly. He also gains a heat charge when he loses 10% of his health. One heat charge does an extra 14% damage to the enemy and if RH is awakened he gain I think a maximum of 300 physical resistance at maximum sig per heat charge. When you have six heat charges use your second special to make him lose one then use the third. Incinerate is place when he uses either one.rhis redux either block proficiency and evasion. Keep repeating until opponent is KO'ed
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Luke Cage
    Well, I'll say Luke Cage is one underrated champion, even though I only have him non duped.

If duped, he can ignore the first few hits he receives in a fight. It's pretty good in certain scenarios, like the enemy getting a special 3, using it on you but you end up receiving 0 dmg if you haven't been hit yet.

Sure, he isn't the best, but he isn't that bad as people make him out to be
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Karnak
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Iron fist
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Old Man Logan
    There are a lot of perfectly decent champions who are not "god tier," but still really good.

Even Kamala Khan aggressively stacks Fury and is poison immune. There are only a few truly awful champions to pull from a crystal.

I voted for Old Man Logan though. He can heal an ok amount for questing, you can still proc his pacify removal while blocking, and has some bleed damage. He's still not good compared to the strong champions, but he's not bad either.

Some day I expect they will do another short pass on some older characters like they did previously to bring them up to speed.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    He is often overlooked, but he has great Damage. Good Regen when Duped, Bleeds are good. Decreased succeptbilty to Bleed. Berserk is great.

What regen does OML get from Dupe?
    My main beef with him is that his sig basically requires you to use specials with stacks of pacify (if you want extra bleeds) rather than while berzerk (which would make the bleeds stronger). Am I missing something?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    CammonRo wrote: »

Well red hulk is a character mostly based around base stats. The trick is to use his special 1 two times which if he is awakened will give him six heat charges total. But you cannot go above six or he will lose them all. Now you have play really defensively to play him properly. He also gains a heat charge when he loses 10% of his health. One heat charge does an extra 14% damage to the enemy and if RH is awakened he gain I think a maximum of 300 physical resistance at maximum sig per heat charge. When you have six heat charges use your second special to make him lose one then use the third. Incinerate is place when he uses either one.rhis redux either block proficiency and evasion. Keep repeating until opponent is KO'ed

Important to note that he will get heat charges automatically when attacked by energy dmg, so if you're using him against DS, Dorm, etc. then you won't have to use s1 as often since you'll stack plenty of charges by just blocking a combo or 2.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Old Man Logan
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    He is often overlooked, but he has great Damage. Good Regen when Duped, Bleeds are good. Decreased succeptbilty to Bleed. Berserk is great.

My main beef with him is that his sig basically requires you to use specials with stacks of pacify (if you want extra bleeds) rather than while berzerk (which would make the bleeds stronger). Am I missing something?

Doesn't get any extra Regen from being awakened. His sig is for the extra bleeds when he has pacifism and uses a special (which can be deadly btw). The trick is trying to get pacifism and berserk at the same time. That way the bleed damage is increased and can still stack a lot. However, if you get a berserk bleed the damage is already good without the extra stacks. Managing the 2 is key, he's actually a really good champ in terms of damage output If you can manage the 2 well. 65d7xd2h75jw.png
  • Other(comment them below)
    Beast
    Cable
    Most of the og characters are now underrated sibe of all the stuff new characters get
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Vulture
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Doesn't get any extra Regen from being awakened. His sig is for the extra bleeds when he has pacifism and uses a special (which can be deadly btw). The trick is trying to get pacifism and berserk at the same time. That way the bleed damage is increased and can still stack a lot. However, if you get a berserk bleed the damage is already good without the extra stacks. Managing the 2 is key, he's actually a really good champ in terms of damage output If you can manage the 2 well. 65d7xd2h75jw.png

9 BLEEDS!! That is stuff of dreams right there! *Looks at Archangel* Eh......maybe not!
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Sym Spidey. Hits like a truck and if you stack those armor breaks that last forever high enough hes a damn attack monster!

mbour0mg7pru.png
    Thanks for the Red Hulk tips guys. I knew most of this but wanted to see what other strategies were out there. I like to keep as many heat charges as I can without overheating. I have also discovered it's easy to overheat against energy dealing opponents so L2 is useful for letting off some steam as it were.

Phoenix (who is also underrated) is actually kind of similar as well. If you build too many Phoenix force charges you build furies too fast and overload. If you're trying to deal lots of damage this is fine but if you're trying to heal it can happen at the worst times. Using specials is the best thing in those situations - you can burn phoenix force charges, furies or both. But she's very tricky to use.