**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6 stars

What are your opinions on 6 stars? A lot of people are quitting the game because of it and I don't know why. Personally, I couldn't care less about 6 stars, since I only have 2 five stars. They have no effect on me, but I still don't understand why people are quitting

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    What are your opinions on 6 stars? A lot of people are quitting the game because of it and I don't know why. Personally, I couldn't care less about 6 stars, since I only have 2 five stars. They have no effect on me, but I still don't understand why people are quitting

Personally, I'm fine with them. Also, people quit playing the game by the hundreds or thousands every day. I doubt a materially significant number of players are going to quit because of the introduction of 6* champs. Every game change causes some number of players to quit. There's no way to avoid that because the people playing the game don't all want the same things. Even making no change at all would cause some number of players to quit.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It doesn't really make sense and to me comes across as a deaperate attempt to generate revenue. Personally I don't think the future is strong with this game but who knows
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    6* won't be a part of the game for a long time and will take a while to grind. It gives end game players something to aim for in this game for those who still enjoy it. I'm still going to focus on act 5 content and LOL exploration to get the best champs I can
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    It doesn't really make sense and to me comes across as a deaperate attempt to generate revenue. Personally I don't think the future is strong with this game but who knows

A desperate attempt to generate revenue that has no real effect until probably mid 2018 is a rather lumbering version of desperation.
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Bad thing is i think they said that they wouldnt be playable until january. So they will join the game sooner in aq and quests. Im assuming that the challenger rating penalty will make a huge dent in the usability of 4* champs. That 4* rank up gem for completing 5.2 is looking like and even worse now lol
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    The problem for most might come from them working on the next star value instead of finally releasing "Bases", giving us new AW maps or options for AW maps maybe that will restrict which star level champs you can use.

That would be loads of fun. Finally 3* would have a purpose for all, even 2*. Could you imagine a 2* map that would put your alliance up against equally strong opponents.

I digress, instead giving us new content or improving the current events and AW they throw 6* into the mix.

Even next year when 6* champs come out will my alliance even have rank 4 5* by then? Maybe not. Does that mean we suck? No, we play mostly for fun. Some spend only a little bit of money while fewer still spend more. Some of us are finally getting rank 5 4*. So for most players like us it just made things a whole lot more difficult to have fun in this game. The events and story mode can be done at ones own pace, the AW and AQ will be brutal when they start getting replaced by rank 4 and 5 5*.and rank 1 or 2 6*.
  • fabi0200fabi0200 Posts: 32
    Why should we already have those 6* when we cannot even ranked our 5* to rank 5? .........
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    Personally i am excited about new content and the ability to max rank 5*s. The thing that actually bothers me about the game is all the complaints from thd community. This is a mobile game and some players actually live it. Quitting something because its going to be a little harder shows me what kind of person they are. We don't have all the details yet on how many shards will be needed or how many can be earned through quests. The complaints about a company making money is also ridiculous and infantile. If you don't know how a business works then maybe you should quit. If the company makes more money it will in turn be able to hire better developers. (clearly needed) and they'll be able give us a more satisfying experience.
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    This is going to be closed by Kabam. They want 6 stars discussion in the main thread. Anyway, I agree with you. I also dont see why people are not happy with the announcement. It will still take a lot of time to get a 6 star. But not all people are the same. I personally am happy with the announcement.
    Bmf420 wrote: »
    .........If you don't know how a business works then maybe you should quit. If the company makes more money it will in turn be able to hire better developers. (clearly needed) and they'll be able give us a more satisfying experience.

You must be new to think that. They made way beyond what they expected in the first 6 months of the games release. They've been racking it in since and look how the game operates. The reason they announced 6* the way they did was cause of the frequent complaints of lack of communication.

People always complain about "support" and how they operate. They won't tell much else than what you already know. So satisfying experience is not something people believe this company cares about.

The games used to be full of bugs before than for a bit they had a smooth product, now it's full bugs, they release content with auto-evaders in it even though there is a major auto-evading bug.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Mcord11758 wrote: »

A desperate attempt to generate revenue that has no real effect until probably mid 2018 is a rather lumbering version of desperation.

You are neglecting the new phc for 200 units that gives 5* chance. Do you not think that there will be people popping those like candy to dupe 5* champs and accumulate 6* shards? The next 5 months is about building to the 6* champs. Those who want to have them when the time comes will have to ratchet up effort and spending or risk being left behind in the prestige wars at the top. That was my point
    edited August 2017
    As for why people are unhappy is because they thought and were hoping that the next major announcement would be "Bases" something that has been "coming soon" since the 3rd or 4th month of the games release. Or they thought events and AW would get revamed cause those events have been the same for years. They thought that T5 basics and the ability to rank 5 5* would be the next major announcement, not 6*.

Now people feel lost and annoyed cause they feel they were enjoying the moment with their many 5/50 4* and rank 3 & 4 5*. Now they gotta start saving resources to rank up 6* when they come out. Some might be able to open more than 1 or 2 when they're released.

People are also unhappy cause they already spent 10s of thousands of dollars on this gane they way it was, now they'll have to spend more to keep winning. I know I don't get it either, I play without spending but to each thwir own.
  • Makes grinding for a soon to be worthless 4* futile...How many hours have we wasted trying to build our 4* rosters which not so long ago became a means to hopefully dupe to get enough 5* shards to spin a 5* crystal...No..Keep going n save a bit longer to try for feature (just to get a dupe basic 5*...Wow glad I saved for that!)

Anyone been grinding for 3 days to get a new feature 3* to hopefully dupe with a crystal to get enough shards to hopefully dupe a 4* to get enough shards to finally get a 5*? Might as well have been.

Might not be so bad if grinding was fun but I've yet to meet anyone who just loves to grind.

And how much money was spent buying 4* crystals and the resources required to rank them up? Then that changed to resources for ranking up 5*s. Did anyone buy an Odin's for units to buy 3* crystals? I don't think so

The goal posts keep changing and you can't blame people for feeling like their past investment in time and/or money will soon amount to little worth and accordingly any future effort will have no value...But it's just a game and kabams primary objective is keep momentum going as long as possible and to attract more players whilst they can.
    You win some you lose some but....(what?...Oh gotta go there's a nearby raid about to start)
  • Hey gang,

Dropping by to ask that you move your discussions over to this thread here.

We want to keep your feedback and questions in one centralized location so that when our Game Teams check through they can view them. If we have a discussion open for every opinion then many will go amiss and we want to make sure that your thoughts and ideas are seen towards 6-Stars.
This discussion has been closed.