**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spectre soul boost and mephisto

Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
So we'll fighting mephisto just before the fight I activates the spectre soul buff. Should reverse all healing effects. Yet when I got mephisto down to 30% he still regened as normal... is this a bug or is this buff supposed to be useless on him?

Comments

• Is he still Regenerating? The Boost won't reverse his healing due to his ability to negate damage when he has a regeneration, but should act as a Heal Block in his case.
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    it works sometimes...but a few times he still regen'd for me. it has to be a bug
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Is he still Regenerating? The Boost won't reverse his healing due to his ability to negate damage when he has a regeneration, but should act as a Heal Block in his case.

I've used it almost every time fighting him and got the heal block not the reversal. Thanks for clarifying
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Is he still Regenerating? The Boost won't reverse his healing due to his ability to negate damage when he has a regeneration, but should act as a Heal Block in his case.
    mikke Mabye u also shuld say ther is a timer one the buff in the figth

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Gamer wrote: »

This. Almost every single one of these threads about Mephisto's regen is caused by people not realizing that the debuff goes on and off on a timer and is not on constantly during the fight.
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

This. Almost every single one of these threads about Mephisto's regen is caused by people not realizing that the debuff goes on and off on a timer and is not on constantly during the fight.

Agree to disagree...i understand fully how his mechanics are supposed to work. But when you have the Spectre Boost (heal reversal) it does not work as intended half the time. He still regen's during the fight. Players gettings shafted yet again with no peep or any type of reconciliation act
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    When I fight him it will stop like 1 soul worth of regen but then he still gains the rest back and I activate the buff just before the fight so yes I'm sure it was still active when I fight him
  • Patchie93 wrote: »
    When I fight him it will stop like 1 soul worth of regen but then he still gains the rest back and I activate the buff just before the fight so yes I'm sure it was still active when I fight him

Even if you activated right before a fight, there is still a timer in the fight where the effects will activate and deactivate.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »

Even if you activated right before a fight, there is still a timer in the fight where the effects will activate and deactivate.

There is nothing in the boost description that says this is how it works. Is there an off/on cycle timer on the rest of the boosts?

Why can't you put out items with descriptions that clearly explain their basic functioning? This doesn't seem like a lot to ask. You included no information on the duration that any of the boosts last for either. I believe the ghost rider boosts had this info as do all the boosts in the boost section of the store.
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Agree to disagree...i understand fully how his mechanics are supposed to work.

What I stated is just a fact. There is nothing to agree or disagree with. The way that it works is not dependant on your approval.
    edited October 2017
    And for those who still don't understand, Here is a visual aid:

gpsm0dpe8njg.jpgDebuff off

j35reb54ixbe.jpgDebuff on
  • username7312username7312 Posts: 67
    The Soul Spectre boost is useless if you can't use it during the whole fight. Why is it even an option? All the other boosts stay active 100% of the time. Kabam needs to fix this boost or add a boost that protects against incinerate!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    SomeAss wrote: »
    The Soul Spectre boost is useless if you can't use it during the whole fight. Why is it even an option? All the other boosts stay active 100% of the time. Kabam needs to fix this boost or add a boost that protects against incinerate!

Why comment the same thing 3 times in different threads?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    SomeAss wrote: »

There's an awesome boost in the game already that protects against incinerate, and you can get it in arena right now!