**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Restarting

Has anyone run into an issue with the game restarting while it’s running in the background? When I switch from MCOC to say Line app and then go back, 70% of the time, no matter how long or short between switching, the game will restart from the logo screen. I couldn’t find another post on this so my apologies if it does exists.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
iOS Version: 11.1

Comments

• Grinbergs13Grinbergs13 Posts: 8
    Similar for Android user - while playing the game just closes itself and then needs to be reopened!
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Second post on this same issue, summoning @Kabam Vydious for this one. Will mention on the other one to for linkage.
  • Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay on this one. It looks like for 11.1 updates that it may be the Background App Refresh that is going on. To disable that you go into Settings > General > Background App Refresh

As for Android - I'll need to know the device and OS version of Android for it. :) Thanks in advance, everyone!
    Thanks @Kabam Vydious , I will test this out during the day. I'll reply with a full day usage to give you an idea of behavior after deactivating the feature.
    @Kabam Vydious using iPhone SE & iPhone 6s, and still having the issue after multiple testings on both devices. Thinking back before iOS 11, the Background App Refresh was never disabled and never ran into this issue. On a side note, MCOC does not appear in the list of apps using Background Refresh, but don't remeber if it's always been this way or recent.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    KwAmOn wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious using iPhone SE & iPhone 6s, and still having the issue after multiple testings on both devices. Thinking back before iOS 11, the Background App Refresh was never disabled and never ran into this issue. On a side note, MCOC does not appear in the list of apps using Background Refresh, but don't remeber if it's always been this way or recent.

I totally agree with this.
  • gilberto3001gilberto3001 Posts: 6
    Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay on this one. It looks like for 11.1 updates that it may be the Background App Refresh that is going on. To disable that you go into Settings > General > Background App Refresh

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Unfortunately this has no effect on the issue at all. It was the first thing I tested with it both on and off to no differing effect. It is an issue introduced with iOS11, so most likely a bug in iOS and how it handles higher memory usage apps in the background...or it's MCoC's own memory management not being optimised for iOS11. (Again, MCoC is not the only app/game I get this behaviour, making me thing it is more an issue on iOS11's part than anything else).
  • TheGumbaTheGumba Posts: 27
    This can't have anything to do with just iOS 11 because I still play MCoC on my iPhone 5 running iOS 10 and I have this problem. I also play on my iPad mini 4 running iOS 11. Same issue regardless of iOS version.
  • TheGumbaTheGumba Posts: 27
    Yep, @Kabam Vydious disabling Background Refresh didn't help. MCoC app still restarts sometimes when you switch between apps.