**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is this the direction of the Contest?

2»

Comments

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    theblueman wrote: »
    700 $$$ a month....Really? WOW!!!

Same thing that caught my attention. I sat and marveled at that number. No pun intended.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

I think you are making a sound argument about balance and resource distribution inside the game however you are leaving one MAJOR thing when it comes to gold.

It takes too many hours of game play per week just to break even.

Gold is not like Catalyst or crystal shards which effect players differently across the tiers. Gold and how to acquire it is pretty much the same across the board and it takes 20+ hours per week just to hit the milestones in arena (roster dependent) which will only let you break even on gold, doing less than that will leave you at a deficit.

45m to 1hr per day should be enough grinding for a player to break even on gold. The gold from arena Crystals should be increased. An abundance of gold is not going to unbalance the game, people still need catalyst and crystal shards all of which still take time to accumulate. An over abundance of 6* shards would unbalance the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    That's just it. An hour a day is not enough to keep up with the amount that people want to Rank. People can play as much as they choose, but it will take time to accumulate Resources. The higher the level of Champ, the more it will take. If you want to spend big, you have to make big to keep up. We're not going to get it from logging on for a bit everyday. Not the amount that is needed anyway. If that's how people are playing, I respect that. It's just going to take longer. Which is where the issue is coming from.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Currently sitting on 8 million in gold. What shortage. ???
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The deals are not keeping up with the progress of the game. Look at the daily special, a CHANCE at 4*. Enough said.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It has very little to do with people spending money. Obviously people will spend on what they want and need, and many of us spend. It's about overall balance. It's not just a matter of adding it because people want it. Resources are balanced carefully, and pace progression across Brackets. Is there room for improvement? Perhaps. It's not as simple as making it available because people want to Rank faster. If they added everything people wanted, there would be absolutely no balance at all. The bottom line is there is a system, and it's available. If you're not making the most of the ways it's available, then it's not fair to call it an imbalance. It takes time to Rank sometimes. There is an increase in availability of Champs. That doesn't mean we should be able to Rank them as fast as they come in. Any change they make would likely be small and balanced among the other Brackets because what you do to one affects the others. If you increase the Resources in the highest Brackets, you decease the progression below. For that matter, it would not be enough to keep up with how fast people want to Rank. Plus, what you do to one Resource strains others. They increase the Gold, then the issue is Cats next. I appreciate the fact that people spend but that doesn't mean the entire design needs to change. If the system needs it overall, that's a different story.

Am still not seeing you answer my response to your wages analogy. Here it is again Wages go with inflation but gold here is not.

More gold is not going to upset the balance at all as they will soon hit a block on resources from cats or alphas. Giving people more gold will decrease progression in lower tiers like you say.

Out of curiosity how many 5* do you have, don't want to know their ranks as am sure you will cry am shaming but am not ?
    Nothing has been inflated. The cost is the same as it's been. The difference is people have more because of the recent availability. Having them does not change their value in-game, and it doesn't change their Rarity among other Raritites.
    Gold is not the issue. They could give people all the Gold they want. The next issue will be the T1As. Then that will become the argument. Then if they change that, people will ask for more Cats. Something I'm sure that some Allies are comfortable with because they're overflowing from focusing on AQ. Which brings another point. If Allies focus on the higher Maps in AQ and have an overabundance of Cats, they will have more than they can use. It becomes increasingly difficult to keep up with them without working on other Resources, Arena for example. It may very well be easy for that side to say that Gold shouldn't be a bottleneck because they have everything else. However, if you place every Resource needed to Rank a higher Rarity in the Top Bracket, you accelerate the growth of the Top infinitely and that makes it impossible for others to grow sufficiently to keep up or progress. Resources are balanced. All Resources. When the Gold bug came with War Skirmish, it nearly broke the game. Reason being, there is a value to everything and a balance overall. So, yes. Resources affect the entire system. There is Gold in the game, and the majority comes from the Arena. If you need it, you probably have to Grind. They could add more Gold in areas, but that would mean rebalancing Resources overall, and is a much larger undertaking than just putting more in. Not that it would be enough regardless because people have convinced themselves that a 5* is now a 4*, and they should be able to Rank them as fast. However, a 5* is a 5*. Same value as before the news of 6*s came.

How many 5*s I have is not pertinent to the discussion, and I'm not answering it. The randomness of turning it on me makes the effort to personalize it greatly apparent.
    Nothing has been inflated. The cost is the same as it's been. The difference is people have more because of the recent availability. Having them does not change their value in-game, and it doesn't change their Rarity among other Raritites.
    Gold is not the issue. They could give people all the Gold they want. The next issue will be the T1As. Then that will become the argument. Then if they change that, people will ask for more Cats. Something I'm sure that some Allies are comfortable with because they're overflowing from focusing on AQ. Which brings another point. If Allies focus on the higher Maps in AQ and have an overabundance of Cats, they will have more than they can use. It becomes increasingly difficult to keep up with them without working on other Resources, Arena for example. It may very well be easy for that side to say that Gold shouldn't be a bottleneck because they have everything else. However, if you place every Resource needed to Rank a higher Rarity in the Top Bracket, you accelerate the growth of the Top infinitely and that makes it impossible for others to grow sufficiently to keep up or progress. Resources are balanced. All Resources. When the Gold bug came with War Skirmish, it nearly broke the game. Reason being, there is a value to everything and a balance overall. So, yes. Resources affect the entire system. There is Gold in the game, and the majority comes from the Arena. If you need it, you probably have to Grind. They could add more Gold in areas, but that would mean rebalancing Resources overall, and is a much larger undertaking than just putting more in. Not that it would be enough regardless because people have convinced themselves that a 5* is now a 4*, and they should be able to Rank them as fast. However, a 5* is a 5*. Same value as before the news of 6*s came.

How many 5*s I have is not pertinent to the discussion, and I'm not answering it. The randomness of turning it on me makes the effort to personalize it greatly apparent.

Of course how many 5* people have is pertant, the abundance of 5* is the inflation, now 6* are here too. So if you are not ranking 5*even to r3 then how can you possibly speak for the people who are an are saying gold is an issue. So if kabam increases the gold are you suddenly going to start saying it's great or disagree with their decision ?

The argument people are making is you should not need to make arena your second job just to rank champs. It's going to create an unbalance at all. The gold bug you mentioned is s completely different thing as that gave people billions of gold instantly, an the fact you even mention that speaks volumes
    Exactly my point. Where did I say what I have and have not Ranked? That statement is false. This is precisely why I don't bother responding. You're incapable of having a conversation with me without some form of personal comment.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Geez people complaining about gold?

I'm at 5mil gold,and the resources I need are T1 Alpha's and T4B

you must be ranking up 4*'s because it takes ATON of T1 and T4b to rank up 5*'s also a good amount of T4C

and Rng of giving me the dupe champs for my 5*'s Hyperion,Medusa,Killmonger,Morningstar,
    Exactly my point. Where did I say what I have and have not Ranked? That statement is false. This is precisely why I don't bother responding. You're incapable of having a conversation with me without some form of personal comment.

It's a very common an natural thing to talk about your champs an rank ups an bottlenecks etc, but for some reason you start accusing people of personal attacks. It's very clear by some of your comments that you are not speaking from experience which is why people ask you these things.

If your only ranking 3 an 4* an the odd 5* to r2 or r3 then how can you possibly speak for people who are taking 5 an 6* up. Yet you totally undermine their views an tell them it's their own fault for wanting to rank their champs.
    I'm Ranking 5*s and let's just call a spade, a spade. You're implying that I don't have relevance in the conversation because of my experience. Which is as old as my presence on the Forum. That IS making it personal. We're done here. I'm not getting sucked into that again.
    I'm Ranking 5*s and let's just call a spade, a spade. You're implying that I don't have relevance in the conversation because of my experience. Which is as old as my presence on the Forum. That IS making it personal. We're done here. I'm not getting sucked into that again.

Am not implying anything at all an don't appreciate your calling me out for it. The higher you rank 5* the more the cost goes up so it's extremely relevant to the conversation, your giving your opinion on this topic an telling Everyone else they are incorrect. Why are your opinions right an others are not ?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Gold should definitely be addressed. I’m ranking up 5* and gold is my problem yes t1a is a pain but I can get that from glory store arena and events the rest I have plenty of t4cc and t4b. I don’t understand how the gold is the same amount for doing master mode act5 and uncollected. I think gold should definitely scale with difficulty. I’m hoping that kabam reviews this in the future or maybe does a gold event once a week or something similar. Btw I’m not close to quitting the game over gold would just like more ways outside arena willing to put the time in just would rather do questing vs doing mind numbing arena. Just my 2 cents
  • CiiicCiiic Posts: 5
    I don't spend any money on this game, yet I have 23mil, and nobody worthwhile to rank up.

The difference between the OP and me, I worked hard to rank my champs, where he spent money to buy champs.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Ciiic wrote: »
    I don't spend any money on this game, yet I have 23mil, and nobody worthwhile to rank up.

The difference between the OP and me, I worked hard to rank my champs, where he spent money to buy champs.

You're confusing your time with my money. I don't have time. I work and have a family. I can't grind arena for new champs yet I can easily throw $100+ a week at the game. Me working hard for my money versus you working hard to not spend it doesn't make me less deserving of champs. All it means is I'm an adult with a life and means. My time is valuable. And arena is not fun. Like I've said, if arena is the path forward, I'm done.

T4bs used to be the main problem, they rectified this by adding them to the glory store. Alphas are still short but, likewise, they can be purchased with glory. There's no good way to buy gold. Gold crystals are a bad joke and because of this shortage, I have only ranked up 3-4 champs in 3 months or more. I give 2+ hrs a day to this game, which should be sufficient time to acquire plenty of gold. It's not and that's the problem.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    I agree with @GroundedWisdom.

I have an alt who, at one point of time, had 1000 gold left. From then on I strategized my upgrades, when I pulled champs (both 4 and 5*s) that I know I will never use, I kept them unranked. Sold my expiring ISOs and auto played normal heroic and masters every month.

Lo and behold, it magically became 5m after 3 months.

That’s from an account that doesn’t grind. And yes, I ranked 5* Void from r1 to r4 in that period, and leveled a 6* WS.

On my main, I grind for milestones for 4*B 4*F and 5*F arenas. Despite having to donate for map 6s and donating x2 or x3 the required gold weekly, I’m still seeing my gold increase by about 150k weekly. Sitting at 41.5m now and 400+ gold crystals.

So I’d tend to agree with GW. If you need more gold, put in the effort to grind for it, or be patient and accumulate your gold slowly.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    This same thread has been written and rewritten countless times during the last 12 months. I think the closest we ever got to an “official” response was something along the lines of, “we take all feedback to the team”, blah blah. Gold is precisely as Kabam wants it, in short supply.

If you’re planning to quit in a few weeks due to a lack of gold, expect to be quitting - nothing is gonna change.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    This same thread has been written and rewritten countless times during the last 12 months. I think the closest we ever got to an “official” response was something along the lines of, “we take all feedback to the team”, blah blah. Gold is precisely as Kabam wants it, in short supply.

If you’re planning to quit in a few weeks due to a lack of gold, expect to be quitting - nothing is gonna change.

Yep, the non-response settled the issue for me. Put in my two week notice today (when season ends). I'll slowly finish exploring act 5 and do the monthly uc eq, but that's more because I've invested so much in the game than any real desire to continue. And I'll not spend another dime on this game.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    I agree with @GroundedWisdom.

I have an alt who, at one point of time, had 1000 gold left. From then on I strategized my upgrades, when I pulled champs (both 4 and 5*s) that I know I will never use, I kept them unranked. Sold my expiring ISOs and auto played normal heroic and masters every month.

Lo and behold, it magically became 5m after 3 months.

That’s from an account that doesn’t grind. And yes, I ranked 5* Void from r1 to r4 in that period, and leveled a 6* WS.

On my main, I grind for milestones for 4*B 4*F and 5*F arenas. Despite having to donate for map 6s and donating x2 or x3 the required gold weekly, I’m still seeing my gold increase by about 150k weekly. Sitting at 41.5m now and 400+ gold crystals.

So I’d tend to agree with GW. If you need more gold, put in the effort to grind for it, or be patient and accumulate your gold slowly.

There’s 2 sides of the gold debate: those with a ton of gold and those without much gold. You said you have 41m gold but you also grind out milestones in the top 3 arenas, which is a huge grind many cannot do, even with units. Maybe OP should spend his units refreshing in arena instead of FGMCs, that would help. But you made a good, credible input of someone who actually has a lot of gold and how you got there to that gold. Some other people here have been writing essays about how gold is not an issue, while still showing all 4* champions in their profile. When there’s no credibility in a long claim then it’s no good argument. But you make a point of how gold can be achieved at the cost of big grinds.

Me personally I was sitting around 12m+ gold just a few months ago but now at 4m and dwindling. I’ve been losing gold at a constant pace due to rankups and map 6 5 times a week (518k gold donation). I try to do milestones in 5*F and 4*B arena but sometimes fall short. At this pace I’m leaking out gold weekly and don’t have the time to grind enough to get a positive net gain. I’ve never had an issue with gold before, but I can understand OP’s sentiment if he were out of gold and can’t progress anymore. The cost to rank-up champions has steadily been increasing while the influx of gold has stayed the same. Sure the hardcore grinders like you will survive, but it’s reaching the breaking point with more casual players. I think Kabam will respond soon with the return of Halls of Fortune where we get a chance to replenish the stash. If someone doesn’t take advantage over that event though that’s on them.

• Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Gold is available in all areas of the game. If you do a little of each one you will have plenty of gold. Run your energy out once every 6 hrs and do some arena when you can and then open battle chips and you can get over a million a week. I even donate a million a week for people in my alliance and still have 40 million gold. All my champs are ranked up also. There really isn't a gold shortage. People just want easier and faster ways to get gold. And this game is a game that rewards time invested vs fast game play

4y0oh671f7bo.png
    gc2c44ht2k55.png

@Batman05

Think of the issue as a bell curve where on the left side of the curve you have people who don’t grind the arena and have little gold, the middle of the curve (majority) are people who play all phases of the game grind the arena as much as they can but are quickly running out of gold and then there is you on the right side of the curve who grind the arena, are in a great alliance, have great champs and have plenty of gold.

If there were more players like you then gold wouldn’t be a problem, if the majority of players were on the left side of the curve then you can say people aren’t playing enough.

I think we can all agree that 1hr per day in the arena should be enough for the majority of players to break even with gold. If you take the time to listen to what people are saying you’d see that they are saying they are doing the arenas but they are still running out of gold. If the majority of players did what you do for gold Kabam would change the drop rates to make less gold available or increase the cost associated with gold. 4 and 5 hours per day in the arena is too much for most players.

People will continue to quit the game if some of these issues aren’t addressed
  • RA_ARRA_AR Posts: 100
    I’m free to play and have no gold shortage, the arena gives a crazy amount of gold
    RA_AR wrote: »
    I’m free to play and have no gold shortage, the arena gives a crazy amount of gold

Keep making this about yourself and you’ll be one of the few people left playing the game
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Gold is a problem and so are other resources like T1a/T4b etc.

The cost of ranking up keeps going up while the resources needed to rank up has stayed the same. Doesn't take a genius to figure out the problem. If nothing gets addressed more and more players will keep falling behind the curve.
This discussion has been closed.