**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I Report Piloting

So...I'm on a MCOC page on Facebook and this guy (really nasty to others) comes on a post and basically admits to piloting for 10-12 people for the latest boss rush challenge. My initial reaction is to let it go but it really burns me that these guys seem to never get punished for creating an unfair advantage. I know for guys with stacked rosters the boss rush is pretty simple but there are others that struggle to get through it because they are newer and not so advanced/skilled at the game yet.

The guy (really dumb move) also posted his account name in order to brag (apparently he's a whale). Should I report it or just let it go?

What are you guys thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Maybe not in the forums because

“The forums are not the place to discuss individual accounts or any actions take on those accounts”

But I guess you could check whatever ToS for the game then see I it’s illegal. Probably is, but really hard to monitor
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Well, that certain YouTuber wasn't really a piloting situation. The situation I'm referring to is someone completing content for others because they were not skilled/focused enough to complete it themselves.
    Can someone explain how people reply to others on this site using the text from the comment?

To Hammerbro_64: Yeah, I'm more asking about whether I should do it at all on here. I wouldn't post any info about any specifics here.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    PureRage13 wrote: »
    Well, that certain YouTuber wasn't really a piloting situation. The situation I'm referring to is someone completing content for others because they were not skilled/focused enough to complete it themselves.

Why wasnt it piloting? He asked someone to log him to clear some nodes.
    To NevvB: I guess I see that a bit differently. It's still against the rules but it's a bit more forgivable. In that instance it was because they were afk and they could definitely clear that content themselves and it was more of a necessity to not impact an entire alliance in AQ. I see it as I bit more egregious when someone is clearing content for unskilled or lower level players so they can get rewards in which other unskilled/low level players need to struggle or spend units, creating an unfair advantage.

Also...can you show me how to reply to comments the way you replied to mine? :-)
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    To NevvB: I guess I see that a bit differently. It's still against the rules but it's a bit more forgivable. In that instance it was because they were afk and they could definitely clear that content themselves and it was more of a necessity to not impact an entire alliance in AQ. I see it as I bit more egregious when someone is clearing content for unskilled or lower level players so they can get rewards in which other unskilled/low level players need to struggle or spend units, creating an unfair advantage.

Also...can you show me how to reply to comments the way you replied to mine? :-)

Just hit quote buddy.

To me the issue isnt with piloting but with acc sharing.

If they can stop acc sharing, they will stop piloting.
    NevvB wrote: »

Just hit quote buddy.

To me the issue isnt with piloting but with acc sharing.

If they can stop acc sharing, they will stop piloting.

Thanks man. :-)
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Actually it's the definition of piloting as he had someone else play map 6 for him
  • Half of the game is just simply logging on and playing. Only parts of it are difficult (dependent on roster/level/experience). But that half is still important.

Just saying "oh he's good enough to have done that, so it's fine" is total BS but it also means that I should be given:
    -all the rewards for each arena I haven't played in. Streaking isn't hard, just time consuming. I've never had a problem streaking.
    -all rewards for all aq maps I've played even when someone couldn't log in bc of life/work/sickness/laziness. Also rewards for one's I haven't played. I can do those too.
    -all aw rewards even when my alliance mates couldn't clear a mini or had other things happening. I am good enough to clear those minis. No problem.

Basically let me pass a test of skill and give me all the rewards for my skill level. I'm Elder's bane with the easy path done and have never let anyone log in to my account for any reason. When can I expect my in game prize mail? SA is gonna be lit this week haha. I'm very excited about this.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Can someone explain how people reply to others on this site using the text from the comment?

To Hammerbro_64: Yeah, I'm more asking about whether I should do it at all on here. I wouldn't post any info about any specifics here.

You press the quote button then type
  • NevvB wrote: »

It’s not exactly piloting as the Youtuber was capable of doing the content, but he didn’t have the time to do it. Not the same thing imo
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    NevvB wrote: »

It’s not exactly piloting as the Youtuber was capable of doing the content, but he didn’t have the time to do it. Not the same thing imo

I do not believe that the general definition of piloting includes an escape clause for when you can theoretically do the content yourself but just don't wanna. Piloting is when someone logs into someone else's account and actually plays the game while logged in.

If your definition of piloting is "when someone else logs into your account and does something you currently lack the skill to do" then your definition doesn't match what everyone else is talking about when they talk about piloting. If you don't want to call "someone else logged into your account and played the game for you, whether you possessed the skills to accomplish the same task or not" piloting, that's fine, but that's what everyone else is talking about when they talk about piloting and everyone else isn't going to change their definition of the word to accommodate you, because replacing the word piloting with that phrase is too much work.
  • Hey there, we take reports of Terms of Service violations, including account sharing, seriously. If you have evidence that someone may be breaking our violating the Terms of Service, you can report it directly to our support team, who will open up an investigation into the report.

You can reach them directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner of the screen, then scrolling down to the button labeled support. You can also reach them here. We ask that you keep in mind that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and that we cannot discuss the details of another player's account with anyone else, including the results of an investigation. Thanks for being willing to work with us and bringing this to our attention.
This discussion has been closed.