**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Calendars

I can't express enough how much these calendars suck, every month it's the same thing, and the bare minimum!!

You should let the players make the calendar for a month to show you how it should be done.

EXTERMINATE GOLD CRYSTALS!!!

LOGIN CRYSTAL — INCREASE THE 4* DROP RATE OR GUARANTEE A 4*

GOLD INCREASES - 1k , 5k , 10k , 20k (not 1k, 1k, 2k, 2k, 2k)

What do y'all think should be changed to make the monthly calendar better? I don't care because it's free, so don't waste your time commenting!

Comments

• Options
    Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    On an unrelated note, did we get the last day of the October caleandar (250 5* shards)? Can’t recall, today got gold from 1st day of November calendar.
  • Options
    Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    For years there was no login calendar. You want the fancier rewards earn them
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    Chubs2X wrote: »
    I can't express enough how much these calendars suck, every month it's the same thing, and the bare minimum!!

You should let the players make the calendar for a month to show you how it should be done.

EXTERMINATE GOLD CRYSTALS!!!

LOGIN CRYSTAL — INCREASE THE 4* DROP RATE OR GUARANTEE A 4*

GOLD INCREASES - 1k , 5k , 10k , 20k (not 1k, 1k, 2k, 2k, 2k)

What do y'all think should be changed to make the monthly calendar better? I don't care because it's free, so don't waste your time commenting!

Why not sell all the items can that you earn from the calendar? This way the rest of us can enjoy the FREE rewards without people complaining. I guess you won't bother using the 750 5* shards from last calendar or the 500 from this one?
  • Options
    Yea, definitely not astounding. If Kabam said nothing at all, I would of been happy to see the extra shards. Saying it’s astounding however, I was expecting more.
  • Options
    jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    i like all the complaints of free stuff for playing the game. probably the same people who complain about a free 3 star for exploring normal.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have 2 positions on this.

1.) we cant really complain about free stuff. It a business. If you give out the whole farm, no one will go buy the milk and eggs from that farm

2.) I did expect more from them when I read astounding. This is just a basic calendar of rewards. Astounding would have been something like small amounts of 6 star shards. Maybe 100-300, 1000 total 5 stars shards, maybe a 4 star crystal or a t2a. But their false advertisement is what’s pissing the community off.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Personally I couldn’t care less what they give us in the calendar but I wish they would stop acting like these calendars are so amazing. Last month they said October’s was exciting and now November’s is astounding. No, they’re not. Stop trying to generate hype with average calendars. Now if you give away T2A, T5B, awakening gems, a guaranteed 4* with chance of 5*, or a sizable sum of 5* or 6*, then you can call the calendars exciting and astounding.

Uninspired is how I would describe it. The game evolves, but the calendar largely doesn’t, and any communication that suggests that a little extra stuff is something to get excited over just looks silly.

Sure it’s all “free” stuff (if you consider your time and info gleaned about you and your account valueless), but I doubt many players log in just for the free stuff these days. It’s now baked into player assumptions as part of what they expect to get by hanging around.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Astoundingly MEH is more like it. What a joke LOL
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Personally I couldn’t care less what they give us in the calendar but I wish they would stop acting like these calendars are so amazing. Last month they said October’s was exciting and now November’s is astounding. No, they’re not. Stop trying to generate hype with average calendars. Now if you give away T2A, T5B, awakening gems, a guaranteed 4* with chance of 5*, or a sizable sum of 5* or 6*, then you can call the calendars exciting and astounding.

Uninspired is how I would describe it. The game evolves, but the calendar largely doesn’t, and any communication that suggests that a little extra stuff is something to get excited over just looks silly.

Sure it’s all “free” stuff (if you consider your time and info gleaned about you and your account valueless), but I doubt many players log in just for the free stuff these days. It’s now baked into player assumptions as part of what they expect to get by hanging around.

Dr. Zola

Astoundingly Uninspired
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    From most of the responses on this thread, anyone not familiar with MCOC would probably think that the whole point of downloading it is to do nothing else but open it everyday and collect tons of goodies and free rewards.

I guess people would rather have a Marvel Contest of Logging In, than an actual game to play...
  • Options
    Dit2Dit2 Posts: 5
    w07ombo9ry81.png

All I see is kabam admitting it that it’s goin to be a 3*. You got no chances of getting a 4* haha
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    From most of the responses on this thread, anyone not familiar with MCOC would probably think that the whole point of downloading it is to do nothing else but open it everyday and collect tons of goodies and free rewards.

I guess people would rather have a Marvel Contest of Logging In, than an actual game to play...

The Calendar is supposed to be a motivator to get people to login every day even when there's nothing for them to do.

Some of the metrics which app stores use to measure a game's popularity is to measure how frequently people login and how much time they spend in app which helps the app's ranking in the stores.

So given that, yes part of this game's survival is keeping people logging in which kabam does by free crystals and login calendar.
  • Options
    Addyos wrote: »

The Calendar is supposed to be a motivator to get people to login every day even when there's nothing for them to do.

Some of the metrics which app stores use to measure a game's popularity is to measure how frequently people login and how much time they spend in app which helps the app's ranking in the stores.

So given that, yes part of this game's survival is keeping people logging in which kabam does by free crystals and login calendar.

Thank you for pointing this out. I cringe every time someone berates people with the “free stuff” argument. Nothing is free.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear the calendars haven't been living up to your expectations. :( We certainly appreciate you taking the time leave feedback on it and will be sure the teams hear about it.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    It’s actually funny. I’ve got normal gold crystals (greater or uncollected) and then I have these random ones that I’m like, “where am I, 2016?” Those are the calendar gold crystals. Also crystal shard crystals, thank you for your 200 premium shards. Would love a different login calendar for each new tier/title. Like proven conqueror uncollected etc. Example uncollected could have a 4/5 star champ crystal at the end of the month. Idk
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear the calendars haven't been living up to your expectations. :( We certainly appreciate you taking the time leave feedback on it and will be sure the teams hear about it.

Don’t take it the wrong way, Vydious. I think a lot of players take it as a given, and regrettably that’s a pretty natural mindset progression for log in prizes like this one.

One idea would be to add in cumulative progression, month over month, similar to apps like Snapchat that keep track of a user’s running activity on site. Of course, now that I say that I realize I haven’t logged in a couple of days, so my streak would be at zero, making me a total loser on that count.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

It's not that they aren't living up to our expectations, its that they don't live up to the messages that you guys send out about the calendar. In the message that was sent out regarding November's calendar, it made it sound as if we were getting almost a full 5* hero crystal, when in reality we were only getting 5% of one. I think if the game team worded the messages a bit better, this type of thing wouldn't happen. However, it may be time to consider changing the calendar up a bit, logging on for 1k gold really isn't something special, many of the prizes could use a rework.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Biggest mistake they make is labeling these calendars as amazing. It’s as if they think they can will it to be true. It’s average at best so just launch it and not make a big deal about it if there’s nothing special