**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What are your thoughts of Corvus Glaive?

What are your thoughts of Corvus Glaive?

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    He’s an absolute killer. I used a 4* 5/50 with suicides and some boosts for a decent chunk of Variant ch. 3.
  • Have Corvus as an R2 6*. Obviously love him. His charges running out sucks sure, so for harder content where the nodes have 200k+ health I’m not in a hurry to bring him.

But I don’t so much care about that. He’s just straight up fun to use. I’ve never had this much fun in monthly EQ’s.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I really enjoy Corvus Glaive myself, though I totally understand that some would be worried about running out of Glaive charges with him. One way that I like to get some more damage out of him is actually to keep attacking an opponent while they are blocking. It felt really weird at first, since I was used to trying to not do that with other Champions, but since he can trigger Critical Hits through an enemy's block without spending Glaive charges, I can still get some decent damage by doing it.

Plus while his Glaive's Immunity is active, his SP2 drains 20% of the opponent’s Power if they are at max Power and is also Unblockable, so even if attacking into a block would give the opponent enough power for a SP3, my SP2 can push them back down under 3 bars of Power. I just have to make sure I use the SP2 while I still have Glaive charges.

Yup. I do MLM combos to maximize damage as well. It’s a bit strange, but you get used to it. Also,Suicides are his best friend. Save some units and unlock them if you run Corvus. He is able to heal himself, and hits that much harder.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I like using him a lot. The medium-light-medium combo helps keep the charges. Plus he's my avenger killer
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    hes better than your best champ which is probably spider man (classic)

Stark spidey. Corvus can't hold a candle to stark spidey. Stark spidey can kill an opponent with high health. Corvus needs all 4 missions to even have a shot. Stark spidey is great for baiting specials and has an emergency power drain. Corvus doesn't. Stark spidey can handle rol, and lol. Corvus can't. You can't beat stark spidey.

Have fun taking node 29 with spark
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Finally pulled him as a 4*, he’s pretty fun. I think I’m a bit more of a Proxima fan but CG is pretty awesome. Easily one of my favourite duos released in 2018.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Why are ppl hating on Corvus? He’s amazing if u know how to use him properly. Even if his charges expire he gets them back after a bit..... So don’t get hit amd light it up again after. He has one of the highest burst dmg output in the game. He clears everything from short aw fights to long variant 3.3 fights.
    Reaper213 wrote: »
    Why are ppl hating on Corvus? He’s amazing if u know how to use him properly. Even if his charges expire he gets them back after a bit..... So don’t get hit amd light it up again after. He has one of the highest burst dmg output in the game. He clears everything from short aw fights to long variant 3.3 fights.

People mad that their imiw gets shredded on D or mad that there are people willing to do things like switch masteries and/or boost to maximize his potential when they can't / won't

I never personally recommend taking Corvus to a high rank to anyone that isn't willing to at minimum use suicides as they usually end up being underwhelmed after watching countless YouTube videos of people max boosted with suicides shredding defenders in war.
    I used corvus for iceman in the maze. Even though it took 2 sets of charges, it was still an easy fight. Just don't get hit by sp1 without any active charges and ride out the cooldown. It's not like he immediately dies when he runs out. Just gotta stretch out the fight a bit
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Just imagine you're an average Marvel Comics fan or even a huge one, and I walked up to you and told you there was an extremely popular Marvel Fighter Game where Corvus Glaive is considerably more powerful and used than other characters like Thanos, Dormammu, and Phoenix... I don't know about you guys but even I, being a fairly average MC fan, would say "W-Why though? That doesn't make much sense..."
    That's my thought's on him, and to an extent other God Tier/Highly Used Champions like Archangle. It works for champions like Iceman or Domino because hey those are characters who in the past have been shown/told to have the ability to be Extremely Powerful.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Corvus is very good
  • Maldroit2 wrote: »
    hes better than your best champ which is probably spider man (classic)

Stark spidey. Corvus can't hold a candle to stark spidey. Stark spidey can kill an opponent with high health. Corvus needs all 4 missions to even have a shot. Stark spidey is great for baiting specials and has an emergency power drain. Corvus doesn't. Stark spidey can handle rol, and lol. Corvus can't. You can't beat stark spidey.

rly he only needs 3 missions and he still does a good amount of damage
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Maldroit2 wrote: »

You Say Corvus has no “energency power drain” right after Zibiit’s post, which highlights his power control, which is more reliable than Spark’s

Define “reliable”. Because the way I see it, neither one is really “reliable”. Sparky has a 45 second cooldown on his and needs to pull off a heavy for it to work. Corvus only power drains if he has glaive charges, has an L2, and the opponent is at an L3. If you ask me neither is really reliable like a Vision. Or a Voodoo.
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    IKON wrote: »
    He's truly amazing. He helps a ton in all content.

alot in ALL content?? dude.. hes great for certain things like aw, aq and eq. but everything else. nope nope nope, dont matter if you got a r2 6* thats where his limits are set either way

Was also very good in maze and variant for me. Basically the only things you aren't doing with him are RoL and LoL. Which means there's far more game content he's very good for than isn't.

I don't think he's the be all and end all of champions as he's very expensive to use at his max potential as well as has some content limitations, but the people who act like he's this super handicapped champ that's only good for a tiny portion of the game are just wrong.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★

I really enjoy Corvus Glaive myself, though I totally understand that some would be worried about running out of Glaive charges with him. One way that I like to get some more damage out of him is actually to keep attacking an opponent while they are blocking. It felt really weird at first, since I was used to trying to not do that with other Champions, but since he can trigger Critical Hits through an enemy's block without spending Glaive charges, I can still get some decent damage by doing it.

Plus while his Glaive's Immunity is active, his SP2 drains 20% of the opponent’s Power if they are at max Power and is also Unblockable, so even if attacking into a block would give the opponent enough power for a SP3, my SP2 can push them back down under 3 bars of Power. I just have to make sure I use the SP2 while I still have Glaive charges.

You can probably just spawn 6 or 5 star corvus into your account or something. Lol. Jk.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My thoughts are I still don't have him as a 5* or 6*. I recently finally pulled stark spidey. At one time I would have taken him straight to R5. Don't know if I'll ever rank him at this point. I hope when (if) I ever pull Corvus I don't feel the same way.