**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emma Frost Signature Ability bugged

LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
Hello,

I used my 5 star generic awakening gem on her specifically so I can tank SP3's, but her ability is broken.

Her signature ability reads:
When Telepath Form is active and Emma Frost would lose more than 15% of her Max Health from a single source, she activates Diamond Form for 3 seconds to reduce the damage. This ability activates before checking Armor and Resistances.

But it fails to activate on any SP3.

See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAX5ouPO1E

Can you please fix this? 5 star Generic Awakening gems are not easy to come by lol

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    You need to have less power than the opponent for it to activate. Same level of energy will not work. I don’t think this is how it should be. Well that’s usually how it works.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    You need to have less power than the opponent for it to activate. Same level of energy will not work. I don’t think this is how it should be. Well that’s usually how it works.

But that's not how the signature description reads. It should activate at any point when you are in telepathy form and take more than 15% damage.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    I take champs description less seriously these days. Bugged or not, they maybe change anytime in the next update.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Possible that the Passive abilities are in play. I would guess it was something with the power bars. You having 3 bars at the time caused it to not activate.0q7usxewo39d.png
  • Thanks for dropping by with this! We'll go ahead and pass it along to the rest of the team. Once we have more information, we'll bring it back to y'all.
    Thanks for dropping by with this! We'll go ahead and pass it along to the rest of the team. Once we have more information, we'll bring it back to y'all.

Any update?
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I don't think she's supposed to tank sp3s. Her sig just switches her to diamond to minimize the damage that she's going to take. It doesn't cap it. I would be ecstatic to be wrong, though!
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    "From a single source" Does this mean the sp3 is classified as a "single source" or does each hit within the sp3 each classify as a single source.
  • We don't have an update yet! But we're looking into it. Once we have an update we'll swing by with it.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @1_ShuNeu_1 all sp3’s are considered one single hit for damage purposes
    edited February 2019
    Carames wrote: »
    I don't think she's supposed to tank sp3s. Her sig just switches her to diamond to minimize the damage that she's going to take. It doesn't cap it. I would be ecstatic to be wrong, though!

Yes, that's how she can tank SP3, by switching to Diamond and taking a lot less damage. But it doesn't work, she doesn't switch.
    We don't have an update yet! But we're looking into it. Once we have an update we'll swing by with it.

Thank you!
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    At least you can fake out the AI with those inverse controls.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    Any update?
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Hey!

Nothing yet. I'll poke some folks tomorrow about it. :)

Lol . She only activates diamond form . Does not cap the damage . That’s how she has been since released
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Lol . She only activates diamond form . Does not cap the damage . That’s how she has been since released

Except she doesn’t even activate diamond form. Hence this thread. Don’t put others down without testing.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I haven't used Emma before, but I'm interested. However, I've read over her Signature Ability a few times and I can't determine how it's supposed to behave. Can someone please explain it?

When Telepath Form is active and Emma Frost would lose more than 15% of her Max Health from a single source, she activates Diamond Form for 3 seconds to reduce the damage. This ability activates before checking Armor and Resistances.

So when should would lose more than 15% health from a single source, Diamond form activates and reduces the damage. The "would" tells me that this happens "instead of", meaning instead of losing 15%+ health from a source, Diamond form activates to reduce the damage. Is the damage capped at 15% or does it just treat the attack as though it occurred when Diamond form was activated before the attack, thus a sufficiently strong attack could still do over 15% damage?

Also, what is the meaning of the last line about Armor and Resistances?

I curious how she is meant to function and I can't tell based on the varying viewpoints in this thread. Can anyone help me out?
  • Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    edited February 2019
    Clearly you should at least activate diamond form which she doesn’t in the video.
    I haven't used Emma before, but I'm interested. However, I've read over her Signature Ability a few times and I can't determine how it's supposed to behave. Can someone please explain it?

So when should would lose more than 15% health from a single source, Diamond form activates and reduces the damage. The "would" tells me that this happens "instead of", meaning instead of losing 15%+ health from a source, Diamond form activates to reduce the damage. Is the damage capped at 15% or does it just treat the attack as though it occurred when Diamond form was activated before the attack, thus a sufficiently strong attack could still do over 15% damage?

Also, what is the meaning of the last line about Armor and Resistances?

I curious how she is meant to function and I can't tell based on the varying viewpoints in this thread. Can anyone help me out?

It's just meant to activate Diamond Form as soon as you get more than 15% damage, it doesn't cap anything. But Diamond Form has lots of resistances and she basically becomes a tank. So it helps to reduce the damage by A LOT. That's what that last part means, it means that it will first activate Diamond Form and THEN apply the damage, so you have all her tankyness first before damage is calculated.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Where is that hyperion? May be his nodes might explain something

It's consistent everywhere, it's definitely not the nodes.
    Something is wrong when special 3 activates cause her signature ability does work if you take a big crit damage, like from a special 2.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    It's been a few weeks. Any update?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We are still looking into this issue, so it may be a little while before we have any updated information. Thanks for your patience!
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    This will be resolved in the 22.1 update.

- EMMA FROST: Fixed an issue where Signature Ability would not activate after a Special 3 attack

This will be resolved in the 22.1 update.

- EMMA FROST: Fixed an issue where Signature Ability would not activate after a Special 3 attack

Thank you! <3