**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are we ever going to be able to respec masteries for free?

Title.

It's been a while since this topic has come up, but the games been out long enough now that there are many different modes you might want different mastery set ups for (or specific characters, like extended fury or deep wounds) and the masteries already cost plenty to unlock.

There's not really any reason to have a cost associated with also re-doing them at this point because they don't cost that much to change in the first place and anyone can go do a round or two of arena to get the units.

Why keep around the cost; just for the inconvenience? If you were a free-to-play player this must really eat into your weekly unit grind.

Comments

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    At the very least would like to have 3-4 established mastery profiles to eliminate tedium even if it still costs.

And same with teams. I play another game that does this and it's nice when switching game modes.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Agreed, it makes no sense for me to have to respend units to remax out deep wounds, assassin, despair etc, just so i can shift a few points from courage, which is at the very front of the offense tree, so somewhere else.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I've never changed mine. Do you have to use units again to unlock a mastery you've had in the past, or do you just have to spend the units and gold required to rank them up?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

I've never changed mine. Do you have to use units again to unlock a mastery you've had in the past, or do you just have to spend the units and gold required to rank them up?

just need to spend the units and gold to re rank the masteries, no need to unlock again.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    There removed the cost to reclaim them a while ago hopefully they will consider just making it a gold cost at some point to reset them. It is annoying that it eats into your units every reset. I basically run a general champ setup all the time and only reset if a boss rush requires a certain counter like adding md or resonate for easier completion
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    i also think they should get rid of the cost to re-arrange them. i would assume they are concerned that people would be changing constantly and that on average more people might clear more content more quickly (i think this is what kabam refers to as "breaking" the game, ironically); of course it could also just be a small but counted-on revenue source, but i doubt that. i don't think every tom **** and harry would be changing in between every fight though, because it would just be too time consuming.
    i agree about how tedious it is to have to change them, tedious enough that i don't think people would abuse this freedom if given the opportunity.
    therefore long story short i think there is no reason not to eliminate cost. do it kabam :wink:
    also i doubt anyone at kabam will read this unless it is in the suggestions thread so maybe repost it over there.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Nah. Takes away the fun of strategy. Cost/benefit ratio. Why make everything free? Games are fun when something is on the line.

Ever played poker with fake money? You may think you have, but you haven’t. Poker is only poker when you have something to lose. 😉
  • humberto20043humberto20043 Posts: 28
    I feel they should have a way to save your masteries and namt the setup.
    Example
    If u run suicides for arena just click suicides or whatever u name it in the masteries.
    Or if you got points into questing masteries name
    It questing.
    Ex
    Masteries
    Suicides I Questing I Mystic Dispersion
  • 2_Wheeler2_Wheeler Posts: 98
    How about just swapping masteries around as long as you have extra points in those proficiencys
  • Hey, gang.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'm going to go ahead and share it with the rest of the team so they can get a better idea of where everyone's thoughts are with this.