**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I feel like my 1,2,3,and now 4stars champs are useless

2»

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Not making it possible for us to increase the number of 5s we crack is just gonna lead to the middle tier emptying out. Making us recollect and raise the same champs yet again because we can no longer use the version prior?? Seriously, for me to even think about going forward after i hit uncollected i would need to be pulling 3 or 4 5s a month to stick around...the dumping of all the 5s in the basic was a huge mistake and we are getting close to discovering why! No body wants to have to buy or grind for awakening stones for every champ they crack...no body really wants told "you have to raise the garbage like it or not!" We don't want to grind for the million piece parts it takes to raise the garbage...you have sentenced.long.time summoners to a grinding hell...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    I rarely say this to people who aren't myself, but you really need to calm down. Lol.
    Oh i am calm! if you can point out what kabam has done for me lately i will shut up! They altered the drops in the phc to give new players more power more quickly and xp ups to grow more quickly and build their masteries more quickly...the top has a wall of undupable 5s standing between us and them as they dupe champs a tier higher...so what has kabam done for the middle besides the new titles and crystals that apparently don't have 5 star shards in them? The top has a gate to stop us and the bottom is collecting 5 star shards well in advance of those of us who were here at the begginning...i was a level 60 summoner before i saw a 5 now level 10 summoners have 5s...so yeah what has happened in mcoc since the dumping of the 5s has done nothing for the middle. We bring it up and get slapped down...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★

Then to add insult to injury they tell us our rosters are useless after chapter 5.
    There is a t4 basic arena running i always...always play. I have an incredible team ready to go and i can't bring my self to play for the stuff to raise them...thanks kabam!
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    I use “fun” 4*s in AQ sometimes
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I still use wolverine and scarlet witch in aq sometimes. I also use that Vision4 star I paid a stupid amount of money for lol.

In a game like this though, there's going to be a constant progression. I think everyone knew the era of the 4 star was drawing to a close for sometime now. I adopted early, building my 5 stars even when they were less than ideal but it prepared me for the current state of the game.

5 stars have been plentiful enough that I feel everyone should have a decent roster to use in their 5 star pool. 4 stars are more readily available to new players so they can catch up, it's the way the game works. In order to keep growing, you have to evolve.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I can say with certainty that I have felt this way.

There are a couple of key facts of my game play that help to change my mind:
    1. I have not completed Act 5.
    2. I can't get through an Act 5 path without using units or items.
    3. I can't get through Epic difficulty on monthly quests without using items or units.
    4. Getting to 100% completion on Epic difficult on monthly quests for me is situational. I can usually get through it once on the easy path with minimal spending.
    5. I am not interested in the Map 5, Map 6 or Map 7 AQ rat race
    6. I am not interested in the AW mess that currently exists.
    7. I use arena to get units.
    8. I use the lower difficulty monthly quest levels to farm units.
    9. I went through the 12.0 nerfs and if you think this current change has a lot of complaining... they switched message board systems and formats at the 12.0 switch. I think it was because there were so many statements made on the board about what the game would "never do" that were searchable in the message board history that they wanted to dump it all and start over.
    This all combined to tell me:
    1. The game preys on our human nature to compete but it isn't "real" competition. Chess is a game that is real competition. Both sides start with exactly the same arsenal and the playing field is equal.
    2. This game is balanced against the player to make it challenging for the player. We see this challenge as competition because that plays on our human nature to overcome challenges.
    3. We fail to realize that any strategy advantage that poor game design gives us is taken away over and over again. Further illustrating that this game isn't about fair competition.
    4. Any competitive drive I feel is 100% based on my ego.
    5. If this drive is ego based, what do I get out of it? Coming on here and posting the champs I have that no one else has? Rubbing other people's noses into how great I am? I don't do those things.
    6. If I can just be OK with where I'm at and not be conned into spending ridiculous amounts of time in game to get "all the rewards" I might get back to having fun in this game.
    7. Don't spend money because you started playing this game for fun and you'll only have fun if you spend the time and money on the game that doesn't take away from the fun aspect.

This has lead to an overall lessening of my obsession with the game. Other people can fall into this trap (I hope they don't) but I'm ready to get out of it. My new in-game goal is to accumulate enough credits to buy a credit based offer (1000 credits/3000 credits). This switches my focus from staying on the bleeding edge of content to a focus of saving and focusing on content that doesn't cost units/items.

This game makes enough off of our location data/usage data that it can support a lot of f2p players. Let the whales whale. I'm going to be me and be happy with Map 3 AQ, the occasional AW, arena, monthly quests and Act 5. By the time I get to Act 6, my 5* line up will be robust enough to not be butt hurt over future nerfs.

I may never do ROL. I may never finish Variant. I'm ok with it. If you knew how many guys who have 'finished' those game sections actually had other guys do it for them, it helps your ego when you can't finish them because you don't want to spend 5 Odins to do it. They didn't want to spend 5 Odins either, so they hired someone to do it.
  • Thank you for giving us your feedback and suggestions on this. With that all said, there is still plenty of content within the contest that require or can use champions of various star ratings.

I'll be closing this thread as it has gone off topic.
This discussion has been closed.