**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nick Fury Compensation

@Kabam Miike You acknowledge the mistake. That's fine. Now how about the COMPENSATION for this mistake for those of us who invested in a champ with a feature set that was heavily advertised via your Content Creator program and that is now FAR less valuable?

Hey All,

We're sorry that we weren't able to communicate this out any sooner. This bug was discovered and fixed very quickly, as it was a server side tuneable change. I put up that notice as soon as we found out that there was a bug and a fix was coming, which was very close to when it went out.

This Bug was pretty big, and was absolutely too powerful to leave in the game. It was not a case where we felt comfortable making it a part of his Kit as it would have been far too imbalanced. This is not how he was intended to function, so it had to be fixed.

Any time a bug is found, we start work to identify the cause and must fix it as soon as we can. Not all bugs will be as quick and easy to identify the cause of and implement the fix, but that doesn't mean that we don't have to work to fix them.

Comments

• Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Agreed.

Making the synergy purify one debuff as opposed to ALL is fair -- it matched the description. Making regen a passive however was done strictly to remove interaction with champion abilities and masteries. This is a nurf and requires compensation .
  • 12345t678912345t6789 Posts: 17
    I disagree that this change is "fair" on any level. Thousands of players view the Content Creator videos to SEE how the champ operates first hand in an effort to decide which champs are worthy of the investment of time or units or rank up resources or all of the above. That is the purpose of giving Content Creators access to these champions early, to encourage that investment by DEMONSTRATING the new champs' abilities. It's not the job of the consumer to second-guess the intentions of the designers. We've been watching Nick Fury videos since March 10th. Many of us have been playing with the champion since March 14th after earning/investing in arenas or crystals. What I WANT is the thousands of units that I spent acquiring the champion, but the very least KaBam could do is offer Nick Fury owners the ability to rank him down.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited April 2019

I disagree that this change is "fair" on any level. Thousands of players view the Content Creator videos to SEE how the champ operates first hand in an effort to decide which champs are worthy of the investment of time or units or rank up resources or all of the above. That is the purpose of giving Content Creators access to these champions early, to encourage that investment by DEMONSTRATING the new champs' abilities. It's not the job of the consumer to second-guess the intentions of the designers. We've been watching Nick Fury videos since March 10th. Many of us have been playing with the champion since March 14th after earning/investing in arenas or crystals. What I WANT is the thousands of units that I spent acquiring the champion, but the very least KaBam could do is offer Nick Fury owners the ability to rank him down.

If you ranked up Nick Fury just for that synergy then you arent making good desicions. NEVER upgrade a champ just based on a synergy that doesnt even benefit the champ. Its not smart
    edited April 2019
    @Voltolos That synergy makes future arena grinding with suicides significantly easier (my other two top champs are Blade and Goldpool, so making them both suicide immune is incredibly valuable to me). It makes questing while suicides are active significantly easier as well. I can use that trinity as a suicide immune AW attack team also. That synergy definitely IS the only reason that I spend thousands of units to grind for him in arenas... twice... and it's the only reason that I took him to 5r5.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

@Voltolos That synergy makes future arena grinding with suicides significantly easier (my other two top champs are Blade and Goldpool, so making them both suicide immune is incredibly valuable to me). It makes questing while suicides are active significantly easier as well. I can use that trinity as a suicide immune AW attack team also. That synergy definitely IS the only reason that I spend thousands of units to grind for him in arenas... twice... and it's the only reason that I took him to 5r5.

Right.. and the guy you are referencing was saying that was a bad decision.. and he is correct..
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

So you have him awakened? In that case I recommend Seatins Videos with his 3* Nick as an explanation why hes great without any synergy so you dont have to want to rank him down
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    If people invested in something they knew wasn't working as intended, that was their choice.
    Not to mention, unless you were taking it into Act 6, you could've gotten the same effect with a 3*.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★

If people invested in something they knew wasn't working as intended, that was their choice.

And if they invested in something they thought is working as intended? Who's fault it is then? (say Kabam)

And if they invested in something they thought is working as intended? Who's fault it is then? (say Kabam)
    Really....because it was well-known that it's not how it was meant to function.
    If people run out and buy something without making sure they know what they're getting, that would be Buyer Beware.
    It was broadcast on YouTube. Y'all knew what was up. You're upset they fixed it. That's what happens with bugs.
    What are you trolls talking about? If you don't have Fury, if you didn't grind for him and spend thousands of units or if you didn't spend your units on crystals... then your opinion on this thread is irrelevant.

It's not my job to second-guess KaBam's "intentions". The description could be off just as easily as the champ's in-game capabilities. You make it sound like the ability description is gospel, but those change frequently as well. What if the champ was working as intended and it was the description that was in error? There's NO WAY to know how a champ is "intended" to operate. The suicide synergy was NEVER identified by either KaBam or the Content Creators as a bug or unintended interaction. What is a FACT is that the Content Creator program is used to advertise how a champion works prior to its release for the purpose of generating crystal sales and arena participation, and in this case the Content Creator program almost unanimously hyped the suicide synergy. It wasn't a secret. It wasn't a hidden little gem. It was one of the PRIMARY features of the champ that everyone was raving about.

As for grinding for a champ just for his synergies: If you think investing in a champ that makes your Blade immune to suicides is a mistake, then you've never played with a suicide immune Blade. Believe me when I say, it is GLORIOUS and I'll miss it.

If Fury CANNOT enhance the capabilities of my top champs as advertised, then I don't need him to BE one of my top champs, hence rank down resources are appropriate as a minimum compensation.
    You're obviously present on the Forum. If you had any question, you could have asked for clarification. Although there wasn't much room for confusion. It Purified the Debuff. Singular. Hence the list that included "or", not "and".
    He was advertised exactly how he is now, after the fix. No one forced people to go out and invest in him and Rank him based on a bug. Let's be real here. People saw an opportunity and ran with it.
    @GroundedWisdom Show me ONE source posted prior to the Nick Fury arena that indicates that he was not "functioning as intended". Show me ONE post from KaBam prior to today that says he was not functioning as intended. This well-known psychic knowledge that you claim to possess was not well-known at all.
    Tell me, if you went for him based on the Arena only, then what did it have to do with the Synergy?
    I'm not buying the lack of knowledge. If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.
    You're upset he doesn't work the same as he did with the bug, fair enough. I just don't buy the whole "We didn't know.".
    There was no need to ask for clarification on the forums. I could see him on multiple videos making entire teams suicide immune. It was extremely clear. That's how he worked, regardless of what the description might say or how it was worded. Thousands of people, including KaBam, could clearly see him in action with that synergy.

YOU do not know how a champ is "intended" to work, nor does any consumer. Look at a champ like Emma Frost for example. It doesn't say that she shrugs off suicide poison debuffs. It just says that she's poison immune in diamond form, when in fact she can permanently get rid of the poison debuff. Is that working as intended? I have no idea. Neither do you. I can only SEE that that is how it is working and ASSUME that it is working as intended, and if it's NOT then KaBam had better say something and then fix it BEFORE people invest in that character.

There was no need to ask for clarification on the forums. I could see him on multiple videos making entire teams suicide immune. It was extremely clear. That's how he worked, regardless of what the description might say or how it was worded. Thousands of people, including KaBam, could clearly see him in action with that synergy.

YOU do not know how a champ is "intended" to work, nor does any consumer. Look at a champ like Emma Frost for example. It doesn't say that she shrugs off suicide poison debuffs. It just says that she's poison immune in diamond form, when in fact she can permanently get rid of the poison debuff. Is that working as intended? I have no idea. Neither do you. I can only SEE that that is how it is working and ASSUME that it is working as intended, and if it's NOT then KaBam had better say something and then fix it BEFORE people invest in that character.

You know how they're intended to work by reading the Spotlight, located here on the Forum, and/or by reading their Abilities. That's the first place you start. Especially if you're going all out to get them. No one even thought to bring it up until Brian posted the Video. No one wanted to. They just ran with it. Guess what? That's a game-altering bug. No surprise.
    @GroundedWisdom Not that I need to prove anything to you, but my top champs prior to the Fury arena were Goldpool and Blade. I was THRILLED to see Goldpool get a valuable synergy for a change. That synergy would have made both of my top champs suicide immune. It would have made future arena grinding with suicides significantly easier. It would have given me a suicide immune AW attack team. it would have allowed me to do quests while keeping suicides active. In short, that synergy alone would have been EXTREMELY valuable, even if Nick Fury himself wasn't all that impressive. I knew it would cost me time and thousands of units to get him, but i reasoned that in the long run it would also potentially save me thousands of units and time in the future. That investment is now gone. Nick Fury on his own is just another bleed champ. If he can't enhance my top champs as advertised, then he doesn't need to BE one of my top champs, hence the rank down ticket request is perfectly reasonable for current Nick Fury owners. I'm not asking for a generic rank down ticket. Hell, I'm not even asking for a class specific one. I just want to rank down this ONE champ that was very clearly falsely advertised via the content creator program.
    It was NOT falsely advertised.
    Brian Grant Grinded for him on his own accord, he wasn't given the Champ as a part of the Program.
    BG was given the champ temporarily and, based on what he saw, he wanted one for himself. So did I, for the exact same reason. And yes, the Content Creator program IS advertisement. That's is WHY those creators get champs early, so that they can be used as promotion to enhance participation and sales surrounding that new champ. That's not a secret. That program also helps with the identification of bugs. In the last 26 days, there has been NO MENTION of any bugs or unintended issues with Fury.

What is your goal here? What difference does it make to you? I'm done responding to you because so far everything that you've said has been erroneous and i don't expect that to change.
    If you just want to vent that's up to you, but people make their own choices, and I can't see them giving Compensation for fixing a bugged Champ. I'm trying to level with you so you don't get disappointed. I've seen the same thing come up with past fixes. We make our own choices, and it's up to us to gather as much information as we can before investing everything into something. You're not hearing me regardless, so best of luck.
    I'm not here to vent. It's really very simple. I spent hundreds of dollars to acquire a champ based on seeing him perform in the Content Creator program, and spent hundreds of dollars in rank up resources to take him to 5r5. I've been playing with the champ ever since and having a great time with him, and now he's significantly less valuable than he was yesterday due to a "bug" that made it through the entire development cycle, multiple Content Creator videos, two arenas and 22 days without acknowledging that a bug existed or that he was not operating as intended. This is false advertising, intended or not, and the notion that I should have psychically known the intent of the developers is absurd.

Without compensation for a mistake that they have acknowledged making as pasted above, I can assure KaBam that I won't be spending hundreds of dollars on champs in the future, and I'll advise other spenders and grinders to avoid doing the same. I probably SHOULD be asking for my $500 in units back. I personally would settle for the ability to rank him down. In the absence of any compensation or acknowledgement, I guess it only makes sense to request a refund through iTunes.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello @12345t6789

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed in the fix to Nick Fury. If we would have found the bug earlier, we would have resolved it sooner but that unfortunately wasn't the case. However, the fix was necessary so it was implemented. That said, compensation isn't something we are considering with relation to this issue.
This discussion has been closed.