**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How to beat Thing?

LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 292 ★★★
I’m tryna tackle EQ but the mini-boss Thing is a little tough. How do you overcome that Unstoppable?

Comments

• LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    I use blade and parry him to keep his rock stacks down. Or, bait out his specials when he’s at 15.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool is amazing for the thing. Or can quake him down easily
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    edited April 2019
    I do not know if it's just me, but I find Chapter 3.1 more difficult than 3.2, both in the event of the previous month and in that month.
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    Jaded said:

I recently got a 4 *, it is not duplicated, it works the same way?
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    When Thing gets a bleed, he loses 3 rock stacks. So that’s the use of Gwenpool because she can trigger bleed with her normal attacks, but u r dependent on RNG. The worse that can happen for fighting Thing is that he is close to 15 rock stacks but he is nowhere near 1 power bar so you cannot bait special after getting him to 15 stacks. (Hence Blade is so useful because he triggers bleeds with every parry). And for that, I would say duped Gwenpool is even better. With high enough combo, she reduces ability accuracy, and Thing doesn’t even get rock stacks.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    Black widow also works. She doesn't raise his charges so u can attack her normally.
    Otherwise, do as others say, get his charges to 15 and bait his special. That will bring his charges back to zero.

Also, make sure u know his attacks so u can anticipate it and counter.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    She Hulk heavy
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    I blitz him with r4 gwenpool and destroy him
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    With him being defensive I use void. Hit into his block to keep him defensive. Bait out a special when he hits a bar of power rinse and repeat. After a couple debuffs you can simply bait an occasional attack parry and repeat he never gains power
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    AndTav said:

I do not know if it's just me, but I find Chapter 3.1 more difficult than 3.2, both in the event of the previous month and in that month.

3.1 is more difficult. I finished 3.2 first because the fights are straight forward and the boss can be taken down by an r4 4 star ronan or Blade with danger sense synergy.

3.1 is tricky. You have the insane node synergy buffs, then you have to face that stacked Thing before the stacked HT which has a different mechanic than the one in bounty missions.

Which reminds me, that synergy node looks like a new node that might come out in AW.or in future conteny for that matter. Linking two bosses with their abilities. Intriguing and interesting.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 495 ★★★
    My 4* R5 Gwenpool was even better than my 5* R5 Blade. She is the MVP for Thing.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    AndTav said:

Jaded said:

I recently got a 4 *, it is not duplicated, it works the same way?
    Yeah, it's her high bleed proc that makes her so effective. A bleed will take off 3 charges, which slows it down. There's a short cooldown on taking off the charges, so just watch them and be careful. Awakening Gwenpool is great but not necessary for this
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    The least-loved bleed champ in the game: Deadpool X-Force.

If he's awakened, that is.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Believe it or not, I have more success with Mephisto, even with Class Disadvantage. He's not Incinerate Immune, so use your L1.
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157

I mainly used the above-mentioned method of getting him to 15 and then waiting for him to use a special attack to use up the Unstoppable. However, after the first few tries, I did also use Spider-Gwen for the Slow Debuff she applies on her Heavy Attacks. So long as the Debuff is already applied, you can attack him normally without worry of causing him to go Unstoppable, you just need to make sure to reapply it every so often.

Ahh, I got it. So Spider-Gwen is kind of like sunscreen.

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Use a bleeder if you find above method stressful
    But the bleed must be constant. Personally I used venom
  • Amaterasu34Amaterasu34 Posts: 5
    Guys I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but whoever he’s at 15 and gets unstoppable even if he does his sp1 his rich charges stay at 14 or he looses 3 max
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    SpiderGwen and SheHulk have Slow Debuff on their Heavy, which completely shuts down Unstoppable. Also each have an added bonus against Thing, SG has a Very High Evade Chance against Unblockable Specials and SheHulk gets a Big Fury if the Enemy is Unstoppable while she uses the Heavy.
  • Does Morningstar work the same as Blade?
  • LemonaidLemonaid Posts: 1
    Try using red guardian. When his shield fracturs use it to your advantage
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Lemonaid said:

Try using red guardian. When his shield fracturs use it to your advantage

This is from over a year ago...