**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Season 10 Launch and Node Changes

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Mods - thanks for all of the node changes (found here)

This looks like a long list. Just some feedback - it would have been nice to have some time to play on these extensive changes before the season started. Next time maybe don't roll out a bunch of changes the same day season starts.

My two cents.

Comments

• Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    All I see is a lot of aegis lol
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    edited June 2019

It's gonna be terrible with the aegis
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    Aegis heavy is easy to beat. Literally stun then heavy them. They made it easier and yet people will still complain. It takes time to to gather all info from different levels and tiers and then decide on reasonable changes while still keeping it challenging and then be able to implement them. Takes time for everything to work.
    Stop expecting perfection from every thing they do. They realized it was harder than intended and changed it for the better. Be glad they pushed changes this soon vice waiting till end of season.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★

Aegis heavy is easy to beat. Literally stun then heavy them. They made it easier and yet people will still complain. It takes time to to gather all info from different levels and tiers and then decide on reasonable changes while still keeping it challenging and then be able to implement them. Takes time for everything to work.
    Stop expecting perfection from every thing they do. They realized it was harder than intended and changed it for the better. Be glad they pushed changes this soon vice waiting till end of season.

Somone champ is almost imuns to stun so it no esay then itersup but it alest esay stil not that many ther almost stun imuns so I’m disagreed and agerd to.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255

People aren’t angry about the node changes, except one guy in this thread apparently. The frustration is with the lack of prep time to adjust to the new setup.

I think we can all agree things are looking better on paper, just a bit rushed with season 10 starting today.

Remember people are watching closely these days with how AW is handled and managed. Myself being one of them.
    What? You don’t have to intercept anymore. And if a champ is harder to stun bring a champ that has a long heavy range. Haven’t you noticed kabam is trying to get people to diverse champs they bring instead of same 3-5 champs for everything.
    Personally my alliance did fine on new map. I could care less if they made changes or not but I’m not majority. Majority of ppl would not of played an entire season with those nodes. Or dropped severely in rankings.
    Right before season to makes changes is bad but looking at bigger picture. Map is easier for new season instead of losing a big part of community due to a few nodes for entire season then ppl complain they waited til end of it to make the changes. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t in their situation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

People aren’t angry about the node changes, except one guy in this thread apparently. The frustration is with the lack of prep time to adjust to the new setup.

I think we can all agree things are looking better on paper, just a bit rushed with season 10 starting today.

Remember people are watching closely these days with how AW is handled and managed. Myself being one of them.
    I think therein lies the problem. As Miike stated, they weren't able to postpone the Season any longer. Which makes sense. It's already a week late. When you consider postponing it over a month, that's problematic. Which basically leaves few choices. I think people will be more familiar with the Node, slightly different mechanic. It was either that, or run it as-is, which seldom few wanted. Sometimes there is no perfect solution. I think the fact that they listened to the feedback says something.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

What? You don’t have to intercept anymore. And if a champ is harder to stun bring a champ that has a long heavy range. Haven’t you noticed kabam is trying to get people to diverse champs they bring instead of same 3-5 champs for everything.

I will bet my bottom dollar that majority of players in high tier alliances will still bring their ghost and corvus to AW. I mean they dominated this new map when it came out and I dont see many reasons not to use them. With these changes it doesnt seem to hard but it def is harder than the previous map even when rewards were already lower than it should be and I dont like the layout but we should at least be able to prep before the actual season. Very poor planning on the devs side.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    There’s not a path on this map that’s as hard as running path 6 in tier 1 AW. Only part that sucked was all the links in the beginning but looks like that’s been fixed now. Rewards definitely need to be updated though because they already were stale on the last map, just don’t think this new map is as bad as people think.
    edited June 2019

I think therein lies the problem. As Miike stated, they weren't able to postpone the Season any longer. Which makes sense. It's already a week late. When you consider postponing it over a month, that's problematic. Which basically leaves few choices. I think people will be more familiar with the Node, slightly different mechanic. It was either that, or run it as-is, which seldom few wanted. Sometimes there is no perfect solution. I think the fact that they listened to the feedback says something.
    Unfortunately, it’s completely arbitrary that the new war season couldn’t be delayed anymore. They can delay another week to get their deal sorted out. After all, people have things to do. New aq, plus it’s not like last month where everyone was bored. There was no rush. I’m sure I speak for the majority when I say I’d rather have it done right than done fast.
    It's not arbitrary when it affects the scheduling of other future plans. If it was just a matter of isolating it to perfection, that could most likely be an option. They could delay it indefinitely and let people get all the practice they need. It pushes coming plans ahead, and to be fair, people have had some practice with the Nodes thus far. I don't think it takes that much to adjust, IMO.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★

I’m was fine I’m wil just bring in wasp but not all hav a wasp. And not all hav a long hevr rage and even with that is stil 1 mistake you dies. But for real The isuse overall is kabam is trying to counter the most use team ghost covus ect. I’m find with that but ther can use let us use offer champ if the timer for 3 minutes was gone to fx 6m
    Drooped2 said:

Unfortunately, it’s completely arbitrary that the new war season couldn’t be delayed anymore. They can delay another week to get their deal sorted out. After all, people have things to do. New aq, plus it’s not like last month where everyone was bored. There was no rush. I’m sure I speak for the majority when I say I’d rather have it done right than done fast.
    It's not arbitrary when it affects the scheduling of other future plans. If it was just a matter of isolating it to perfection, that could most likely be an option. They could delay it indefinitely and let people get all the practice they need. It pushes coming plans ahead, and to be fair, people have had some practice with the Nodes thus far. I don't think it takes that much to adjust, IMO.
    People had plenty of time to adjust to map 5 hype they should bring him back to pre nerf.

People had time to adapt.to pre nerf siniste 6.2.2
    Revert those.
    Just gotta adjust right
    I don't think that's the same feedback others wanted. Lol.
  • While I do agree that the lack of prep time regarding the changes is irritating, I guess it could've been worse. Let's say they didn't change it, there was a bunch of aspects that were found to be problematic. Then people would harp that they didn't listen. Essentially, they did. Although it did come a LITTLE late. This kind of stems back to the 1st week of the Off Season not having the new Map, but that was due to update timing. Then, again, not having the Map for the 1st war of the NEXT cycle. So they had a total of 5 wars to collect data from as a result (coupled with lots of player feedback). Lack of time was a key factor in this outcome.

Now let's say they chose to delay the Season another week to allow us time to adjust. That's one more week between us and the reward update. In an ideal world, they would've updated the war rewards (not Season) and met us in the middle with that. Then another week between us and the Season rewards rework wouldn't have been as bad. Unfortunately, not an ideal world, and here we are. I'm also still at a loss as to why the rewards for everyone are being delayed for the release of a function only the top 5% can utilize. That's been a head scratcher for me since the initial announcement. Eh, as they've declined to change that plan, it's also a moot point now. Perhaps that will change and everyone will get a variant of Defense Tactics for their tier. We'll see...

Now, one irrefutable fact, we're all in the same position. All going to have to adjust to the changes. So while irritating (and it is), we all don't know exactly how this will function. The changes should (in theory anyway) make things more manageable than the initial iteration of the Map. Personally, I'll take that over no changes. It is remained to be seen whether this will be enough though. Hard to say indefinitely. Just the fact something was done gives me a bit of hope that it could be better than before. Until we complete our 1st war cycle, and have 1st hand experience, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

People had plenty of time to adjust to map 5 hype they should bring him back to pre nerf.

People had time to adapt.to pre nerf siniste 6.2.2
    Revert those.
    Just gotta adjust right
    I don't think that's the same feedback others wanted. Lol.
    They gotta adapt they had plenty of time. Same logic from war your using.
    No. That's not what I said at all. There was a period where people tried the new Map. They made adjustments based on that, and they had to go through with the Season. What that suggests is an indefinite trial period. Not really feasible with plans that have to continue.
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    Aegis is easy to get around. Just takes practice