**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

14567810»

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

I just fail to see how this would add anything of real quality to the game. When you face opponents you are unfamiliar with do you not look at their profile and sig ability? I mean I guess you can fight them blind but it's like going into sinister labs and never reading the nodes. Part of this game is learning not only the move sets but the ability of the different champs. If you are doing that you are already learning the sig ability without going to an outside source. The thing with awakening gems is although it does activate their signature abilities it does so at a very low level. If you want to make an informed decision about who to use it on you WANT to go to an outside source to see how the ability scales. Adding this just seems like a waste of time rewriting code when other things need to be fixed

How the sig scales has nothing to do with an awakening decision I'm pretty sure all they want to know is what the actual sig.
    How the sig scales is very important in making your decision. Awakening sentinel at sig 1 gains a lot more than awakening void or sw at 1. There is just as much disappointment at wasting an awakening gem on the wrong champ as there is finding out you need to max sig them to see any major improvement in the champ. If the awakening gem is as important as you are saying shouldn't you want to get as much as possible from it?
    You are talking about sig stones not awakening gems
    I disagree. I'm talking about making an informed decision based on the signature abilities of champs. One of the arguments for this is that it's to allow people to know what the sig ability of a champ is. If you are going to use a rare resource like an awakening gem shouldn't you also know how the ability scales before you make that decision? You wont get that from the awakened ability being visible so in order to know if it is worth investing the awakening gem you should know how important sig level is. If I have 99 mutant sig stones for example do I awaken wolverine or is it more valuable to awaken sentinel with no sig stones or void with 3. A better example would be sl or sentinel. who gains more if you dont have sig stones to put into the champ
    Then that would be a good addition as well.
    So now it should not only reveal the awakened ability but also the sliding scale? See this is where I'm going with the time to implement this could better be used on other aspects of the game since this information is already available in outside sources.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Y’all are lazy. We have resources that gives all the answers.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    Kevo9513 said:

We are not lazy we should not need to go to outside resources for a game that should already give this info
    Kevo9513 said:

And also not everyone knows about these resources
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

I just fail to see how this would add anything of real quality to the game. When you face opponents you are unfamiliar with do you not look at their profile and sig ability? I mean I guess you can fight them blind but it's like going into sinister labs and never reading the nodes. Part of this game is learning not only the move sets but the ability of the different champs. If you are doing that you are already learning the sig ability without going to an outside source. The thing with awakening gems is although it does activate their signature abilities it does so at a very low level. If you want to make an informed decision about who to use it on you WANT to go to an outside source to see how the ability scales. Adding this just seems like a waste of time rewriting code when other things need to be fixed

How the sig scales has nothing to do with an awakening decision I'm pretty sure all they want to know is what the actual sig.
    How the sig scales is very important in making your decision. Awakening sentinel at sig 1 gains a lot more than awakening void or sw at 1. There is just as much disappointment at wasting an awakening gem on the wrong champ as there is finding out you need to max sig them to see any major improvement in the champ. If the awakening gem is as important as you are saying shouldn't you want to get as much as possible from it?
    You are talking about sig stones not awakening gems
    I disagree. I'm talking about making an informed decision based on the signature abilities of champs. One of the arguments for this is that it's to allow people to know what the sig ability of a champ is. If you are going to use a rare resource like an awakening gem shouldn't you also know how the ability scales before you make that decision? You wont get that from the awakened ability being visible so in order to know if it is worth investing the awakening gem you should know how important sig level is. If I have 99 mutant sig stones for example do I awaken wolverine or is it more valuable to awaken sentinel with no sig stones or void with 3. A better example would be sl or sentinel. who gains more if you dont have sig stones to put into the champ
    Then that would be a good addition as well.
    So now it should not only reveal the awakened ability but also the sliding scale? See this is where I'm going with the time to implement this could better be used on other aspects of the game since this information is already available in outside sources.
    This is a very simple idea, though. It wouldn’t take very long. The data and inner working are already in the game. It’s just an additional display

not being part of the game team how can you say it is that easy and wont have negative interactions with other parts of the game?
  • Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"

What would be the point of that?
    Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

Dont you have a job or something else to do ?

Your totally way off on this matter , whether you like it or not.
    I'm not bothering with that personal bit.
    I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    You "shouldn't". Why is that? You think you're going to have all the information you need for informed decisions within the game, or do you think you might have to ask around now and then? Pretty sure if you want to grow, you're going to have to look past the game alone.
    Well I mean yes why not have all the information needed especially when they give you awakening gems with a purpose of you making a decision on who you want to awaken and how would know who to awaken if you don't know what their sig ability.
    Why do you think they keep sending Emails suggesting we head to the Forum? The information is here.
    It would just be a hell of a lot easier and convenient for us to see it in the app rather than leave the app, go to the forums and search for a specific champ.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"

What would be the point of that?
    Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

Dont you have a job or something else to do ?

Your totally way off on this matter , whether you like it or not.
    I'm not bothering with that personal bit.
    I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    You "shouldn't". Why is that? You think you're going to have all the information you need for informed decisions within the game, or do you think you might have to ask around now and then? Pretty sure if you want to grow, you're going to have to look past the game alone.
    Well I mean yes why not have all the information needed especially when they give you awakening gems with a purpose of you making a decision on who you want to awaken and how would know who to awaken if you don't know what their sig ability.
    Why do you think they keep sending Emails suggesting we head to the Forum? The information is here.
    Just because they send send emails doesn't mean people are actually going to go to the forums so why not disclose the info inside the game like please explain to me why you're so against this change you're acting like it destroys the game for everyone
    Then that's the choice they make. If they want information and are not willing to look for it, that's not the fault of the game.
    It is a fault in the game you should be told what you are unlocking so you know if you want to unlock it or not just like what they do with masteries
    Then they can look it up. Otherwise they're unwilling to do their research before spending Resources.
    So youre telling me that every person in this game knows they can look up sigs on the forums?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

@Dshu why do u agree with prestige and not this? I dont think u should have to go outside the game for game related stuff. Prestige should also be included. As far as your other reasons coding and bugs are covered by different department as kabam has already stated. The coding for this feature is already mostly done. It shows the description once unlocked. Simply show that description with the same red and locked icon. It would be easier and less time consuming than they r doing now.

prestige is required for the competitive game modes to work, and is impossible to get by other means. They do not publish the prestige for each rank/sig level of the champion meaning you have to rely on third party and hope their data is accurate.

Signature is completely different. You can get the sig abilities from lower tier champs if you want to see it, or look at the champion spotlight. It literally takes very little time to figure out a champs sigs inside or outside the game without making this change.
    So you disagree with my point but then say you have to rely on third party and “hope” their data is accurate
    I don’t think this would be hard for kabam to implement maybe it would but I doubt it
    You can use the Forum. There are Champion Spotlights.
    For max sig max rank 4* and 5* or unduped ones not anything inbetween
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

@Dshu why do u agree with prestige and not this? I dont think u should have to go outside the game for game related stuff. Prestige should also be included. As far as your other reasons coding and bugs are covered by different department as kabam has already stated. The coding for this feature is already mostly done. It shows the description once unlocked. Simply show that description with the same red and locked icon. It would be easier and less time consuming than they r doing now.

prestige is required for the competitive game modes to work, and is impossible to get by other means. They do not publish the prestige for each rank/sig level of the champion meaning you have to rely on third party and hope their data is accurate.

Signature is completely different. You can get the sig abilities from lower tier champs if you want to see it, or look at the champion spotlight. It literally takes very little time to figure out a champs sigs inside or outside the game without making this change.
    So you disagree with my point but then say you have to rely on third party and “hope” their data is accurate
    I don’t think this would be hard for kabam to implement maybe it would but I doubt it
    You can use the Forum. There are Champion Spotlights.
    And how about those who don't know about the forum or third party websites
    what third party websites....? You dont need them...
This discussion has been closed.