**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Good job with the Global Milestones Kabam

2»

Comments

• Your example, in my opinion at least, is in no way applicable to a hyped up community event, the first one of its kind ever to be introduced in this game. And as I said, since the first announcement people asked how we will get updated.

There would need to be such a massive disconnect to actually assume that we wouldn't want to see our progress, when that is essentially the whole point of this event. Seeing what we as a community can achieve collectively.

I would argue this *isn't* the first of its kind. The first of its kind was the million Facebook likes event. Remember that one? The one we actually failed to achieve? We could all see how far short we were going to be, and that was the only thing anyone was talking about on the back half of the event.

Maybe someone thought that if progress was shown precisely and continuously, and something went wrong again, then once again we'd all be focused on that short number.

Now, they already mitigated that problem by picking a target we could hardly miss, because they can see our fight totals in the server stats. I even pointed out how the numbers they published about fight stats all but proves we were destined to make this milestone.

Which brings me to DNA's rule zero of game development:

When game developers have three ways of solving a problem, a good way, a mediocre way, and a bad way, they will generally attempt to do all three simultaneously.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

The part about the milestones being safe is fine. Doesn't change that implementing a tracker would have been more than reasonable. Or the community being interested being more than obvious.

I guess I'm just disappointed. I surely didn't expect any big rewards.

What I expected was at least a little bit of effort and determination. I simply can't get over the lack of a tracker, which frankly doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

This might not be fair, but as a human being I'm subjective and emotional, and that, considering all there is to this event, leads me to think that they simply didn't care.

For the sake of baby jesus, not even the trade in is fully functional lmao.

To be fair, this is their first community wide event aside from the road to 1 million likes but that was outside of the game itself.

They have some issues right now, that game outage really messed some things up. We haven't seen anything that bad that happened unintentionally for a very ling time. They have a lot going on and like DNA said, its possible they just forgot. I think giving them the feedback can help for the next event if there is one.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Kabam... Well done on guessing the date the community would reach the milestone of 250m successful fights..

Or is it simply that you already determined the dates for all milestones achieved.. and that's why there is no way for the community to actually track the progress of this event?

Nah.. kabam wouldn't lie to their customers.... oh wait..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/116451/fantastic-four-where-does-kabam-post-accurate-information#latest

Where does it say they guessed the date of the first milestone?
    Read my post..
    In the announcement about the global milestones they state that once 250m has been reached we unlock the exchange event.. yet they say that the exchange event will be running from the 11th to 27th.. so either they made a real good guess.. or pre determined when the exchange event was going to start..

I'm guessing there is no actual tracking of any milestones but for some reason they figured it would make people play more or something if we thought there was.. that's why there is no way for the community to actually see the progress..
    I read your pointless post. It sounds more you just need something to be mad about with them. Even if there was a fight tracker, would you really believe it was accurate or would you still be here spewing more conspiracy that it just shows us what they want us to see? No matter what they do, it seems you'd find a way to be pissed off at them.

They have data to go off of. They didn't pull 250mil from nowhere and of course they included the milestone events in the update. They just fix the time frame from when the milestone is hit.

I work in retail. We do this type of guesstimating all the time. We take last year numbers and build a goal based on those numbers. Miike has already confirmed that the 250mil milestone was a low one and would easily be hit. Still not sure how you come to the conclusion they're lying.
    Are you groundedwisdom with a new name?

Kabam... Well done on guessing the date the community would reach the milestone of 250m successful fights..

Or is it simply that you already determined the dates for all milestones achieved.. and that's why there is no way for the community to actually track the progress of this event?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/116451/fantastic-four-where-does-kabam-post-accurate-information#latest

Read my post..
    In the announcement about the global milestones they state that once 250m has been reached we unlock the exchange event.. yet they say that the exchange event will be running from the 11th to 27th.. so either they made a real good guess.. or pre determined when the exchange event was going to start..

I'm guessing there is no actual tracking of any milestones but for some reason they figured it would make people play more or something if we thought there was.. that's why there is no way for the community to actually see the progress..
    I read your pointless post. It sounds more you just need something to be mad about with them. Even if there was a fight tracker, would you really believe it was accurate or would you still be here spewing more conspiracy that it just shows us what they want us to see? No matter what they do, it seems you'd find a way to be pissed off at them.

They have data to go off of. They didn't pull 250mil from nowhere and of course they included the milestone events in the update. They just fix the time frame from when the milestone is hit.

I work in retail. We do this type of guesstimating all the time. We take last year numbers and build a goal based on those numbers. Miike has already confirmed that the 250mil milestone was a low one and would easily be hit. Still not sure how you come to the conclusion they're lying.
    Out of all the discussion on this topic, this is your best and only reply?
  • So, we meant to have a thread with numbers that we lost every couple of days, but this weekend‘s issues kind of threw that off. 250 million was actually hit yesterday, but the messages for hitting the milestones are meant to go out on the days of. They are pre-scheduled for those days, but we can pull them if we need to.

They’re scheduled for the day of to avoid confusion, but we can change it and do it manually for when we pull that info and see how far we’ve gotten.

We do estimate that our community will hit the milestones, so we will only pull them if we have to.

So, we meant to have a thread with numbers that we lost every couple of days, but this weekend‘s issues kind of threw that off. 250 million was actually hit yesterday, but the messages for hitting the milestones are meant to go out on the days of. They are pre-scheduled for those days, but we can pull them if we need to.

They’re scheduled for the day of to avoid confusion, but we can change it and do it manually for when we pull that info and see how far we’ve gotten.

We do estimate that our community will hit the milestones, so we will only pull them if we have to.

Exactly what I was saying. Thanks @Kabam Miike

So, we meant to have a thread with numbers that we lost every couple of days, but this weekend‘s issues kind of threw that off. 250 million was actually hit yesterday, but the messages for hitting the milestones are meant to go out on the days of. They are pre-scheduled for those days, but we can pull them if we need to.

Thanks for the response.. and confirmation that the unlocking is pre determined and not set to go off of any actual player input. I suppose this discussion can be put to rest now..

Read my post..

That was a question.. also.. I have responded previously.. whether it was my best is up for debate i suppose..
    By the way.. you haven't answered my question..
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

he is going by it saying November 11 in the event details page, but that dose not mean they lied, it could be that they have the data to know about when we would reach that threshold, as they already told us they have that data.
    I was kind of thinking that as well.. however.. we had most of Friday where we were locked out of the game.. so that would change the speed of projected progress.. yet here we are.. right on time for the first milestone being unlocked..
    if we were locked out for an entire day, sure, but we were not. it is possible that projection would have been 11pm. that also assumes that the 11th day in the main page did not speak of the minimum date that it would have been open no matter what date it was unlocked on.
    Look, I know where you're coming from. Benefit of the doubt and stuff - there are reasonable explanations for this.

But why in the world, if that was simply an estimate based on previous data, why in the world even include that estimate date? Why not make it am obvious estimate?

Considering how we didn't gat any insight on the actual state of the event it's not far fetched to assume that this whole thing is essentially made up.

I can remember miike saying that he'll keep us updated on our progress as often as possible a few days ago. Does someone have a link to any of his updates? Granted I didn't look for them yet, because I wasn't that interested in the clear numbers up to this post right here, but I'd be curious to know whether he even shared anything.
    They said we would get in game emails about updates on totals. Guess they meant an in game email whenever we hit a milestone?

Thanks for the response.. and confirmation that the unlocking is pre determined and not set to go off of any actual player input. I suppose this discussion can be put to rest now..

That isn't what he said. He's saying they have a rough layout of when the community would hit the milestones. If it changes, they are manually able to change those time tables. Man, talk about twisting words.

Read my post..
    In the announcement about the global milestones they state that once 250m has been reached we unlockwords change event.. yet they say that the exchange event will be running from the 11th to 27th.. so either they made a real good guess.. or pre determined when the exchange event was going to start..

That was a question.. also.. I have responded previously.. whether it was my best is up for debate i suppose..
    By the way.. you haven't answered my question..
    Look around the forums a bit and you'll have your answer. Its fairly easy to find.
    edited November 2019

That isn't what he said. He's saying they have a rough layout of when the community would hit the milestones. If it changes, they are manually able to change those time tables. Man, talk about twisting words.
    That's exactly what he said.. man.. talk of lack of comprehension..

You might want to re-read his response.. he says twice that they are scheduled ("They are pre-scheduled for those days...", "They’re scheduled for the day of to avoid confusion...") yet they can be changed if required.

Also.. i'm sure if i've misinterpreted his statement.. he'll correct me himself.. lol..
  • edited November 2019

You might want to re-read his response.. he says twice that they are scheduled ("They are pre-scheduled for those days...", "They’re scheduled for the day of to avoid confusion...") yet they can be changed if required.

Also.. i'm sure if i've misinterpreted his statement.. he'll correct me himself.. lol..
    What I meant is that we have those messages scheduled to go up the day that content goes live. Whether the Fights are hit 2 days before that, 3 days before, etc. That message will only go live on the day of the Content going live.

We can cancel the message if players don't hit it, but so far, we're not expecting that.

What I meant is that we have those messages scheduled to go up the day that content goes live. Whether the Fights are hit 2 days before that, 3 days before, etc. That message will only go live on the day of the Content going live.

We can cancel the message if players don't hit it, but so far, we're not expecting that.
    Thanks for that clarification.. looks like Grounde.. i mean Demonzfyre may have been correct..