**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did Kabam make the AI more passive?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
Noticing it particularly in dungeons and AQ, it wasn’t always like this, and I’m surprised this isn’t being brought up as much

Did Kabam make the AI more passive? 86 votes

Yes
87%
LogarooSnakeEyes69DeeparviBadroseTimone147SaiyanINTEGRALzuffyDestroyerChovnerIcejrjdrum663NanoDroidMachoNachodr_nish777TerraNCB_ptDarkrider05arsjumExHavok 75 votes
No
12%
the_furry_oneLvernon15CassyGrootman1294LordRaymond3SDPX_Factor_AgentJollyHawkYa_Boi_28CaptainPollNightMonkey 11 votes

Comments

• TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Yes
    Nothing concrete but goddamn baiting seems so much harder and I aint sure whether thats delirium AI or just normal AI, doubt I forgot how to bait
  • Yes
    Definitely sped up, not even being thrown when i use Storm in arena, and they always throw sp against Storm
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    No
    Nope. Only in low level dungeons and AQ. There are different levels of AI depending on content.

These same posts have quite literally been happening for the last four years.
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Yes
    Yes
    I have always felt that after the november update
    In the arenas especially, the opponent doesn't do anything at the start of the matchup, & when I try to do something like hitting into its block with a medium dash, i myself get parried 😂
    The AI is more passive & aggressive at the same time which is a bit of a pain in the ass
    As soon as I lift my thumb(to release block) & immediately tap my right thumb(to start a light attack), I get parried & comboed into oblivion
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    Yes
    Definitely. baiting seems impossible now
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    It’s 100% been changed again recently, not even mad as it hasn’t really cost me anything but would love some official confirmation as the silence from dev team just makes it seem shady.
    AI in map 6 has been toned down, pretty obvious from the start of the fight this is the case. Noticed it in epic in the side event also, AI just seems super hesitant now lol
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Thanks for the responses, although I have noticed the AI not throwing specials in certain fights, I was referring to what @Amazing_Demon05 had said, when I said the AI was “being more passive”

Being a medium attack distance away from the enemy, rather than them dashing in towards me like, they just stand there and walk towards me closing the gap. I have to either gamble playing offensively or repeatedly dash back until they dash towards me.

It wasn’t always like this and it just throws off my playstyle.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Yes
    All the AI does is block, until they get a special. Then it's extremely hard to bait out specials.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Yes
    First 2 days in AQ Map5x5, I couldn't bait any special of GP.
    This 3rd day I had to be very concentrated...... My Rogue almost died again lol.... Good thing is she regens.
  • Phantom4Phantom4 Posts: 33
    edited November 2019
    @NCB_pt exactly sir.. I was using ghost.. And the defender with 17k PI is not even dashing in at me.. It just soo frustrating taking a lot of damage just because of the passive AI with such high PI in AQ
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Yes
    They have but they’ll deny it 100%
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Yes
    Definitely, in ROL, and AQ map 3 and 4. Stuttering, annoying gameplay.

Also noticed it on the resistor path on the doom UC EQ (far left, HtD path). Really passive AI.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes
    100% AI is more passive especially in arena but in all forms of game. They wait around doing nothing until you finally leave an opening then they counter in. They also seem to be recognizing your patterns more too and will shell up when you have a routine going.

Last thing I’ve noticed is before we had the sp3 while hitting into a block bug... this has now evolved into them escaping out while I’m hitting into a block. Have had it happened twice in this round of war while fighting Thing bosses trying to push him over a bar of power
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Yes
    Yes in arena and aq
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Yes
    The A.I. is evolving on its own, I am afraid what will happen next..
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Yes
    I moved from a 6x5 ally to a 5x5 ally with no AW because the bugs/AI have been too much this year. I had to quit using Ghost in Map 5 for the same reason Phantom mentioned. It became too frustrating. Unfortunately it's still frustrating with any champ I use. In some ways, Map 5 is more difficult than Map 6 because the AI's style in Map 5 is acting like the AI in Kang fights in arena; which by the way makes arena a total chore also.

The AI's behavior and months of lingering bugs are sucking the fun out of the game for me personally. It's getting worse every month. It's not harder, just more tedious and ultimately frustrating. Kabam, if you have testers playing the game every day, I'm sure one of them must be noticing this . Maybe you could poll them and see what they report? Thanks.
  • Hey there,

No changes have been made to the AI. This is something that comes up a lot, but is not something we do very often, if ever.
This discussion has been closed.