**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New year events

Will there be a chinese new year gifting event this year or will kabam truly embrace the year of the rat ? In my opinion the only event worth doing every year. And I spent all my nuts too.

Comments

• SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    1st of all, Its Lunar new year. Like 95% of Asians celebrate. Not all Asians are Chinese.
    2nd be patient, go educate yourself. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
    3rd No one freaking cares about your nuts, that being said, have a nice day.
  • SolotrixSolotrix Posts: 64
    edited January 2020
    SknZn said:

1st of all, Its Lunar new year. Like 95% of Asians celebrate. Not all Asians are Chinese.
    2nd be patient, go educate yourself. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

I’m sorry but calling it “lunar new year” is a really english thing. I live in Asia and I rarely hear it being referred to as lunar new year instead of Chinese New Year. Besides just a look at his grammar and you know that OP isn’t a native speaker so you shouldn’t be surprised if he calls it Chinese New Year too
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Solotrix said:

I’m sorry but calling it “lunar new year” is a really english thing. I live in Asia and I rarely hear it being referred to as lunar new year instead of Chinese New Year.

B*llsh** your "english thing"! It's exactly called Lunar new year not Chinese new year!! You'll never hear "Chinese new year" outside China!! Go out more, watch and learn, don't just stay at home playing toy,kid!
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Solotrix said:

SknZn said:

I’m sorry but calling it “lunar new year” is a really english thing. I live in Asia and I rarely hear it being referred to as lunar new year instead of Chinese New Year. Besides just a look at his grammar and you know that OP isn’t a native speaker so you shouldn’t be surprised if he calls it Chinese New Year too
    Doesn’t matter you live in asia, Im from Asia, and i studied asian culture in Europe. Plus there are millions of asians who are ready to sht on you just because you run your mouth without thinking. I assume there are lot things about lunar that you don’t know, even though you live in Asia. I guess you have came across a Vietnamese guy saying he is gonna celebrate A Chinese New Year, lol. They have their own saying of new year. And if you translate that, its not chinese new year, its fcking Lunar. Cultural racism. Go educate your self.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    edited January 2020
    You can all meet any Asian not Chinese and ask whether they call Lunar or Chinese new year, maybe they dont care but they never say Chinese new year in their countries. I mean all countries that celebrate Lunar new year, not some countries like Middle East etc.
  • Scouse92Scouse92 Posts: 26
    edited January 2020
    SknZn said:

Lmao who **** in your coffee this morning ... first of all I'm very well educated , maybe not on "lunar" new year because really who cares anyway new year is new year where ever you hail from , secondly it was just a question I was being nice and just goes to show what hateful human beings are in this world for you to act that way just makes me pity you and third everyone cares about my nuts lol that being said go f yourself :)
    And didn't know I had to use grammar on a fourm site to be fair when should I turn in my essay
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

“Chinese New Year is a major holiday in China, and has strongly influenced Lunar new year celebrations of China's neighbouring cultures, including the Korean New Year (seol), the Tết of Vietnam, and the Losar of Tibet.

It is also celebrated worldwide in regions and countries with significant Overseas Chinese or Sinophone populations, including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Mauritius, as well as many in North America and Europe.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

“Chinese New Year is a major holiday in China, and has strongly influenced Lunar new year celebrations of China's neighbouring cultures, including the Korean New Year (seol), the Tết of Vietnam, and the Losar of Tibet.

It is also celebrated worldwide in regions and countries with significant Overseas Chinese or Sinophone populations, including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Mauritius, as well as many in North America and Europe.”

Booommm educated ;) thanks
  • We don't have information to share on an even like this at the moment but would let everyone know once we do.
This discussion has been closed.