**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How often do you visit the "Bugs and Known Issues" forum?

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
As a community, I've read a lot of posts regarding various bugs and requests to get them fixed. However, the Bugs section doesn't see nearly the traffic that the General Discussion forum gets (which makes sense). I'm just curious how big the drop-off is between the two forums.

Do you visit it every time to come to the forums? Do you visit it only when you're REALLY bored? Only when you have a bug to report? Never ever visit it?

Just curious. Let me know! Thanks.

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Not at all
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,017 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I just go to recent discussions. It gives all threads from every category.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    That was kind of my guess how most people would respond.

I suppose the logical follow up to anyone who doesn't visit frequently...what would it take to visit more often?

Currently, Corvus, Taskmaster, and IMIW all have player-documented bugs that hinder them, yet it is challenging to get any type of community support to get these fixed. So what if your favorite champ started showing a detrimental bug in the next update? Would that prompt you to head to the Bugs section? Would you keep quiet and just hope it gets fixed? Would you just post the bug in the General Discussion thread? What would you do?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Never visit it mainly because the bugs people report are generally just them not reading the nodes or description.

This is a very fair point. I'd say the majority of posts there are these type where bug is reported that isn't actually a bug. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a "Spider-man evaded my Venom" post where the culprit was just buffet/fisticuffs/some other node interaction. It really does dilute the actual bugs.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I don't think the issue of community support behind a taskmaster (or similar fix) is due to people not seeing that section of the forums. I think its effort vs payoff. For better or worse, a lot of the community has given up on bugs being fixed if it benefits Kabam. ( I know this is a myth, lets not talk about this). The community saves its strength for issue with more popular characters that are even more broken.

I try to have the viewpoint that if we can prove its a bug, kabam should fix it. And sometimes they need a hand in knowing what we're talking about. From my work experience, "somethings wrong. figure it out and fix it" generates more skepticism then helpfulness. So I try to ask questions or test when I can. However, some dont have this viewpoint.

I try to engage on those threads a lot, but it causes a lot of community in-fighting. "No, his nodes didnt affect him, I dont have to tell you that" only to find out that the nodes were the cause of everything. It becomes a lot of pointless posts which discourage people from entertaining them.

"Corvus taking damage from bleed" only to find out its void is a personal favorite.
This discussion has been closed.