**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unpopular opinion: Root is a brilliant node and I love it

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
This really just shows that some people will never be happy - they complain that there arent enough skill-based nodes, and when kabam add an entirely skill-based node into the game they complain it's too hard.

Well personally I think its awesome, it brings a completely new aspect of playing to the table, where you are forced to learn and master the timings of each and every special attack hit your opponent throws. And you dont need a counter.

Not only that but it comes along with new opportunities that we never had before, like heavy countering many specials that before would be impossible, bringing new value to certain champs like hulkbuster.

So, to be honest, I don't understand the people complaining. Good job kabam, and I look forward to seeing what else you do with this mechanic.

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Absolutely agree, I think it’s a great addition to the game which challenges a players skill in a different way. As I said on a previous thread, I’d much rather Kabam design a mechanic like this than put a new unavoidable damage interaction in.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

It's silly and an obvious cash grab. This is just to mind f the community to rewire everything they learnt past 5 years. This has nothing to do with skill.

This sounds sarcastic, cant tell...
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

It's silly and an obvious cash grab. This is just to mind f the community to rewire everything they learnt past 5 years. This has nothing to do with skill.

Oh, so Inverted Controls is a cash grab now too? Are new abilities (X's MC) also by your definition, cash grabs?
    The thing about inverted though is that its been in the game for a while. I'm personally not a fan of root with certain combos but we'll have to wait and see
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I hated it at first... but I kinda enjoy it. I just wish there was a place to test it without wasting my gauntlets.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Qacob said:

FRITO_Man said:

Think of the bad nodes that you can stack with "root" and then go from there
    What about root aspect of war korg?
    What about LDR root void?
    What about root footloose killmonger?
    I'm okay with having this on a side quest, but this might set a precedent for Cav EQ or harder content in the future with really BS nodes. You all know how 6.2 turned out....

I am talking about root alone, any node can suck when paired with a bad one, or the wrong champion, or both!
    For sure root alone is fine, but I would wish they don't put Tigra or anyone with long AF specials on that node. I'm just saying that if Kabam introduces this node, I don't want them to put it with really BS node combos which makes it almost impossible
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Oh, so Inverted Controls is a cash grab now too? Are new abilities (X's MC) also by your definition, cash grabs?
    The thing about inverted though is that its been in the game for a while. I'm personally not a fan of root with certain combos but we'll have to wait and see
    So what's the use in complaining about the Root mechanic on the first day of it's release. Of course you're not going to immediately be used to it. Many people had, and still do have, trouble with inverted controls (Just look at the Magik boss in the previous CavEQ), but that doesn't inherently make it a cash grab or bad design, it just means you need to take time to adjust to it.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    It’s great when you’re using omega red - you just stack up spores on the opponent whilst they’re using their special attacks then heavy counter straight after
    FiiNCH said:

It’s great when you’re using omega red - you just stack up spores on the opponent whilst they’re using their special attacks then heavy counter straight after

Yeah any champion with any sort of proximity affect are gonna be very different with this node
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

FRITO_Man said:

Think of the bad nodes that you can stack with "root" and then go from there
    What about root aspect of war korg?
    What about LDR root void?
    What about root footloose killmonger?
    I'm okay with having this on a side quest, but this might set a precedent for Cav EQ or harder content in the future with really BS nodes. You all know how 6.2 turned out....

There can also be good matchups too though, imagine how much easier 6.2 champion would be if he had it.
    exactly what I was thinking too haha
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    There are only 2 things I have a problem with (as far as the special attack version of Root goes).

1. It makes some special attacks almost impossible to dodge when normally you could create distance and have no problems which means more block damage from specials. And

2. The AI's been extremely unpredictable lately (i.e not letting go of block until you finally go in for a dash and they light intercept you). Special baiting's been extremely off and root just kind of makes that worse.

Overall though, I'm actually really happy with this mechanic. It's fun and skill based. Looking forward to everything else root-related.
    Etjama said:

There are only 2 things I have a problem with (as far as the special attack version of Root goes).

1. It makes some special attacks almost impossible to dodge when normally you could create distance and have no problems which means more block damage from specials. And

2. The AI's been extremely unpredictable lately (i.e not letting go of block until you finally go in for a dash and they light intercept you). Special baiting's been extremely off and root just kind of makes that worse.

Overall though, I'm actually really happy with this mechanic. It's fun and skill based. Looking forward to everything else root-related.

I agree with 1, hopefully they wont add it to any stupid characters like dormammu or Luke cage but I mean I think kabam would get some serious backlash for that and i imagine they know it.

Number 2 is hopefully just a temporary issue.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Agree. It’s fun, however I am concerned with possible node combinations with root. Those could be bad.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I like root a lot actually, tigra gets a huge advantage from it so do characters like quake and omega red, plus it is entirely skill based which I love
    Jestress said:

I just don't like techno.

Wat
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    I absolutely love this Root.
    It shakdss up the gameplay, forces you to have the skill to dex specials and makes you think how far away or close you wanna be to the opponent as they throw the special.