**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About compensation

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Kabam already said they're giving us compensation for act 6 so everything this thread is about is a complete waste of time. Also if you didn't finish act 6 early like I did it isn't your concern anyways.

Im not talking about act 6 compensation what i'm talking about is the general idea of compensation itself and why people should be grateful for it.
    Why should we be grateful for a situation where the game was too hard for the average player and now players like myself who completed on time will never fully get the compensation for all the extra revives we had to use? There's nothing to be grateful about that. I told Kabam in real time that the Champion was way too hard.
    Also, I'm going through a server issue now where I can't load the game. Am I supposed to be grateful if they compensate me for that? You've got to be kidding me.
    You just proved OP's point. Players for this game all act like they deserve compensation for issues instead of just letting Kabam fix it and playing the game. Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything.
    No Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything but as a paying customer I expect good service. If you think being treated bad as a paying customer is a good standard for your company that's on you but I have respect for myself and you thinking a company just gets to do whatever they want is pathetic in more ways than I feel like elaborating on.
    Bugs affect everyone, paying or not. The OP was making the point that there are worse ways to handle things than what they do here. Quite frankly, they give more than any game I can think of, whether Compensation or Login.
    Lets cut the BS Kabam does not compensate due to the kindness of their hearts, they compensate because they don't want players to rage quit. So all of this talk about Kabam doing more than other games is not true. I have never never never played a mobile game that has a much errors on a monthly basis than MCOC. So if you want to compare it to other games you need to put it in its proper context.
    So what game compensates so that players don't quit? I don't understand that argument. Isn't that the basis of compensation in the first place? For errors that weren't in the players control and caused major issues? There are many games out there that are worse than MCOC. Madden football games are riddled with issues, I play COD Warzone and there's tons of issues there and also, the new Avengers game on its first patch had over 1000 issues addressed and its still a mess.

You play this game and your focus is on it but it's far from the worst game out there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Kabam already said they're giving us compensation for act 6 so everything this thread is about is a complete waste of time. Also if you didn't finish act 6 early like I did it isn't your concern anyways.

Im not talking about act 6 compensation what i'm talking about is the general idea of compensation itself and why people should be grateful for it.
    Why should we be grateful for a situation where the game was too hard for the average player and now players like myself who completed on time will never fully get the compensation for all the extra revives we had to use? There's nothing to be grateful about that. I told Kabam in real time that the Champion was way too hard.
    Also, I'm going through a server issue now where I can't load the game. Am I supposed to be grateful if they compensate me for that? You've got to be kidding me.
    You just proved OP's point. Players for this game all act like they deserve compensation for issues instead of just letting Kabam fix it and playing the game. Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything.
    No Kabam doesn't owe anybody anything but as a paying customer I expect good service. If you think being treated bad as a paying customer is a good standard for your company that's on you but I have respect for myself and you thinking a company just gets to do whatever they want is pathetic in more ways than I feel like elaborating on.
    Bugs affect everyone, paying or not. The OP was making the point that there are worse ways to handle things than what they do here. Quite frankly, they give more than any game I can think of, whether Compensation or Login.
    Lets cut the BS Kabam does not compensate due to the kindness of their hearts, they compensate because they don't want players to rage quit. So all of this talk about Kabam doing more than other games is not true. I have never never never played a mobile game that has a much errors on a monthly basis than MCOC. So if you want to compare it to other games you need to put it in its proper context.
    They just owe you something, and there's no getting around that, is there?
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

It is a free game. You pay by choice. They give an amazing service with minimal bugs for how large the game is. You can't call a company pathetic after giving them money on a free game and demanding free stuff on issues.
    Exactly, i'm not sure why people think that they have to fork over all there money into this mobile video game.Its not like it costs money to play.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

It is a free game. You pay by choice. They give an amazing service with minimal bugs for how large the game is. You can't call a company pathetic after giving them money on a free game and demanding free stuff on issues.
    I didn't call Kabam pathetic. I'm calling you all saying that Kabam doesn't need to compensate for its failure pathetic. So lets be clear, I'm talkin about you. I'm applauding Kabam for its compensation and I think they should do it every time players are inconvenienced outside of their control.

Nobody has to pay for anything, doesn't make me any less of a paying customer, therefore I can provide my feedback when I'm patronizing a product. When you're f2p you have less say because you don't hurt the bottom line.
    This is why most games don't do compensation, it creates entitlement. I never said I was f2p. I pay for enjoyment, not the ability to critique a free service.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

I didn't call Kabam pathetic. I'm calling you all saying that Kabam doesn't need to compensate for its failure pathetic. So lets be clear, I'm talkin about you. I'm applauding Kabam for its compensation and I think they should do it every time players are inconvenienced outside of their control.

Nobody has to pay for anything, doesn't make me any less of a paying customer, therefore I can provide my feedback when I'm patronizing a product. When you're f2p you have less say because you don't hurt the bottom line.
    This is why most games don't do compensation, it creates entitlement. I never said I was f2p. I pay for enjoyment, not the ability to critique a free service.
    Same i'm not F2P I pay for the sigil every month. And your supposed to play games because you enjoy playing them.(unless if your a youtuber who earns money from playing video games).
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

So you're assuming I don't enjoy the game? I'm an alliance leader for a top 30 alliance. Trust me when the game goes wrong I have to redirect and make sure my alliance runs smoothly I feel it a lot more than you do. I critique the game because I want it to continue to be great, if you don't understand that than tough.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

They can't compensate in that way. it's impossible. They should stick to major issues like when the servers went down and caused havok in Aq and Aw. Those are reasons to compensate. Saying " inconvenienced outside of their control" opens that door so wide, we'd see nothing but threads for compensation.

Act 6 wouldn't fall into that realm either. You weren't inconvenienced outside of your control, you just thought the fights were too hard while others did just fine. By your logic, you wouldn't need comp for act 6.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I agree in a certain sense. If they never give compensation again I would be totally fine with it. But in your example. The thing you buy for 1m gold probably is not the end all be all of the game at that moment.
    Things that have been compensated:
    Inability to play the game, because of connection issues from their side
    Huge change in end game content, it compensates players who did it already, after they realised it was not really a fair game before the change.
    Huge change is champion worth, only for the highest possible rank at that time.

And I believe that is about it.

The stuff they compensate for are things that really makes a difference to players.

But again, if they never do it again I`d be fine with it. I just think that a lot of people would spend a lot less money on new stuff. Then again.......

I`m glad people spend money on the game. Because of them I can play for free and without ads.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

They can't compensate in that way. it's impossible. They should stick to major issues like when the servers went down and caused havok in Aq and Aw. Those are reasons to compensate. Saying " inconvenienced outside of their control" opens that door so wide, we'd see nothing but threads for compensation.

Act 6 wouldn't fall into that realm either. You weren't inconvenienced outside of your control, you just thought the fights were too hard while others did just fine. By your logic, you wouldn't need comp for act 6.
    Well regardless of my logic, Kabam says that act 6 is so much easier we're getting compensation for it so all of your talk about why we shouldn't get compensation or not actually doesn't matter. Nice try though. I played the game when it first started and they gave compensation a lot more often than they do now which created our sense of "entitlement." So you should be directing your finger pointing towards Kabam and ask that be more consistent.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Well regardless of my logic, Kabam says that act 6 is so much easier we're getting compensation for it so all of your talk about why we shouldn't get compensation or not actually doesn't matter. Nice try though. I played the game when it first started and they gave compensation a lot more often than they do now which created our sense of "entitlement." So you should be directing your finger pointing towards Kabam and ask that be more consistent.
    This isn't about whether or not we are getting comp. It is asking to be grateful instead of entitled when compensation occurs.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

I agree. Although Act 6 comp is definitely viable and in order.

But games don't usually do that. They are not required to send out anything after changes. That was the point of this post.
    I have played numerous games that have given out compensation. And most games don’t nerf the living sh** out of content because people think it is “too hard”.
    Name me all those numerous games @Masterpuff
    Played some time at King's Throne: Game of Lust and idle heroes. There were compensations. Regular for maintenance. Also fortnite, always gives compensations. E.g. last was yeasterday for users that have account at different platforms and one of it is iOS. They compensated that apple removed fortnite from apple store. So no need to tell, that only kabam is doing compensations.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

I don't know why you keep saying I said we shouldn't get comp. I've only ever said that we shouldn't expect 6* Nexus crystals or 1000's of units. Kabam said they'll compensate for act 6 and thats fine but don't expect much more than pots, revives and energy.

I've played since the start too and yes, they did do comp for maintenance. It wasn't that much though. couple pots and energy refills if I am remembering it correctly. But at the time, they game was very new and I believe that's why we got it back then. That was only maybe for the first year'ish anyway.

They've been pretty consistent when there's major issues, even you can't dispute that. When there's things that affects everyone, they've done the right thing.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

I don't know why you keep saying I said we shouldn't get comp. I've only ever said that we shouldn't expect 6* Nexus crystals or 1000's of units. Kabam said they'll compensate for act 6 and thats fine but don't expect much more than pots, revives and energy.

I've played since the start too and yes, they did do comp for maintenance. It wasn't that much though. couple pots and energy refills if I am remembering it correctly. But at the time, they game was very new and I believe that's why we got it back then. That was only maybe for the first year'ish anyway.

They've been pretty consistent when there's major issues, even you can't dispute that. When there's things that affects everyone, they've done the right thing.
    Okay so you and I actually don't disagree. I think I've made my point.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I know where this thread is directed by OP
    Act6 compensation coming soon and it need to be a good one (that’s why it’s taking so much time).

I’m sorry if you aren’t well skilled to perform good enough to clear the content in tough mode.

Those who used their preciously earned units through daily grinding of arenas to clear the content (in the state as it was launched) must deserve the compensation or equal amount of units back which they burned while clearing the content in tough conditions.

If you torn down the content for others then the people who used their resources for clearing the hard content must be made good for their losses.
    If they hadn’t burned their units in Act6 then they must’ve used those in July 4 deals which they couldn’t (like me).

What more transparent is that kabam must share stats of people clearing content in Original state and the nerfed state and then you came to know why they offer compensation.

So before opening any negative thread please look into the actual issues involved.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Ace_03 said:

Reality is in the eye of the beholder, everyone has their idea of what is fair. But I do see some strong mental gymnastics in this thread.

What's an MCOC thread without Olympic level gymnastics?
    and preschool level iq and the emotions of a five year old
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Hypothetically ...
    What should happen if the game continuously crashes , after 10-15 minutes, on Ipad, on the last 40 days?
    Shouldn't a reward be due?
    edited November 2020
    Bpn88855 said:

Gardener said:

Crcrcrc said:

I agree. Although Act 6 comp is definitely viable and in order.

But games don't usually do that. They are not required to send out anything after changes. That was the point of this post.
    I have played numerous games that have given out compensation. And most games don’t nerf the living sh** out of content because people think it is “too hard”.
    Name me all those numerous games @Masterpuff
    Played some time at King's Throne: Game of Lust and idle heroes. There were compensations. Regular for maintenance. Also fortnite, always gives compensations. E.g. last was yeasterday for users that have account at different platforms and one of it is iOS. They compensated that apple removed fortnite from apple store. So no need to tell, that only kabam is doing compensations.
    i said that kabam is one of the only companies that give compensations, other games also give compensations but not all games do. so we should be thankful that kabam gives us compensations and Fortnites compensation was 100 V-bucks which isn't alot

I didn't get it, did they send compensation today or something? I did Act 6 100% and got nothing so far?
    btw, I know they said that compensation will be sent to us in early December

No they haven't sent anything.
  • CashierCashier Posts: 68

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Gardener said:

Do you work for kabam by any chance, @Demonzfyre ?
This discussion has been closed.