**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

regarding crystal automatic opening at spring 2021

DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
I appreciated this kind of communication as it explains why the server have ongoing issues, i'm sure there is more, but babystep first!.

I never understood why hoarding crystal had such an big impact on the server. I really wish this issue has brought up to more an attention despite have done this method 2 years ago, but i think 2 years ago it didn't explain that much how much of an impact it had?, so we know that we don't need to hoard all the crystal and can make more decision what to save and what not to save. If it were from my side i would say open the old ones no matter what if it really helps improve the server stability. What i meant that it should have brought up to more an attention then we player can make the cleaning more effective and more often instead of holding it.

maybe a more detailed information of why and how old crystals is slowing down the server and if crystal hoarding is really the whole reason why issues we MCOC players are currently facing is an ongoing issue?

Comments

• EdwxnEdwxn Posts: 211 ★★

wait this means bg is gonna open the egg

never thought I’d see the day

It's very iconic. So yeah, would be surprising.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

the old crystal don't update to be in with the new crystal update. for example if you have one 5* featured crystal from 2018 and have not touched it all the way to 2021 and while under that 2018-2021 time duration when champions got released for the time being - the 2018 5* featured crystal won't update itself to have those 2019,2020 and 2021 champions. so it makes sense because you can't get an apocalypse from an 2018 5* featured crystal despite it being an featured crystal the coding itself are old and not updated.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

the old crystal don't update to be in with the new crystal update. for example if you have one 5* featured crystal from 2018 and have not touched it all the way to 2021 and while under that 2018-2021 time duration when champions got released for the time being - the 2018 5* featured crystal won't update itself to have those 2019,2020 and 2021 champions. so it makes sense because you can't get an apocalypse from an 2018 5* featured crystal despite it being an featured crystal the coding itself are old and not updated.
    So is it for all 5* featured, apart from the current set of featured?

They didnt mention any specifications, so was thinking if it includes current set..
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

wait this means bg is gonna open the egg

never thought I’d see the day

No.. the egg is not listed..
    Bahubali said:

Daddrieda said:

Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

They didnt mention any specifications, so was thinking if it includes current set..
    It's for all kind of champions crystals.
    Daddrieda said:

Bahubali said:

Daddrieda said:

Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

It's for all kind of champions crystals.
    just to be clear.

Just the old ones back from 2019 and 2020. the reason why i say 2019 and 2020 is because they said ' it's been 2 years now'' it is at my understanding the list they provided that is to be auto opened is all the way from 2019. Don't take it for granted as kabam is sometimes difficult to understand and sometimes it's an puzzle wording game.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

Sorry, that shouldn't have been there. At the top of the list, we mention: "All 5-Star Featured Hero Crystals released on or before December 17th 2019". This is included in that one.
    XD I thought so

Bahubali said:

5* Featured Crystal🤔

Sorry, that shouldn't have been there. At the top of the list, we mention: "All 5-Star Featured Hero Crystals released on or before December 17th 2019". This is included in that one.
    please explain more why exactly 2019? why not 2020 as it's considered ''old'' ?
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    So a majority of my 4 hour crystals are getting popped? I'm not super cool with this at all. Don't give us any end game content for MONTHS so we get a chance to actually save, then you go in and clear them out? They will now expire and ill never get to use them, but when I do need them (when there is actual difficult content) all will have to resort to units. Thats not cool.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    E_Rich423 said:

So a majority of my 4 hour crystals are getting popped? I'm not super cool with this at all. Don't give us any end game content for MONTHS so we get a chance to actually save, then you go in and clear them out? They will now expire and ill never get to use them, but when I do need them (when there is actual difficult content) all will have to resort to units. Thats not cool.

No daily or free crystals are in the list. You can use ctrl+f to check for any crystal

No daily or free crystals are in the list. You can use ctrl+f to check for any crystal

Ohhh. Are they not considered "log in crystals"?

So what EXACTLY does this mean? Are those the 4 hour and daily crystals? Or is it something else?
    Zan0 said:

E_Rich423 said:

Ohhh. Are they not considered "log in crystals"?
    Yeah they're talking about the calendar champ crystals

Ok thank you. I really hope this is accurate!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

I don’t understand hoarding champion crystals. Just open them smh

Collection purposes.
    I personally have one "rare" crystal that I got from some giveaway, and never opened till now. Don't really need anything out of it
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.
    Always using iso, that’s a poor excuse to hoard a crystal.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    I personally have one "rare" crystal that I got from some giveaway, and never opened till now. Don't really need anything out of it
    I don’t see crystals as a collection. They are meant to be opened. Speaking just of champion crystals. Even if it’s a lame 2*, there is no reason to hoard it. I pop 5* crystals but I don’t need anything out of them. So should I just hoard unopened 5* basic/feature crystals? Lmao
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    I don’t see crystals as a collection. They are meant to be opened. Speaking just of champion crystals. Even if it’s a lame 2*, there is no reason to hoard it. I pop 5* crystals but I don’t need anything out of them. So should I just hoard unopened 5* basic/feature crystals? Lmao
    I know people that hoard shards until the new featureds come around so they can mess around with the champs
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    I know people that hoard shards until the new featureds come around so they can mess around with the champs
    Right, I was speaking strictly of champion crystals not shards. Saving for a feature/new champion coming out is hoarding but personally just view it as “smart”. I am only talking about champion crystals already there. I can’t see a reason to not open them. Always need iso/gold and champions don’t go in overflow inventory.

So to me, it would be like buying feature cavaliers and leaving them for years. Or using shards on a basic/feature crystal but never opening it..? 🤷‍♂️ It makes no sense to me. Kabam should have an auto open on champion crystals. Even if it’s a year timer till it auto opens.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No_oneuk said:

Jaded said:

For when you need iso.

Jaded said:

Collection purposes.
    Right, I was speaking strictly of champion crystals not shards. Saving for a feature/new champion coming out is hoarding but personally just view it as “smart”. I am only talking about champion crystals already there. I can’t see a reason to not open them. Always need iso/gold and champions don’t go in overflow inventory.

So to me, it would be like buying feature cavaliers and leaving them for years. Or using shards on a basic/feature crystal but never opening it..? 🤷‍♂️ It makes no sense to me. Kabam should have an auto open on champion crystals. Even if it’s a year timer till it auto opens.
    the world of mcoc is big with millions of players playing it worldwide - chances are there are players that have no champions to be ranked up as they're all maxed up with maxed signature hence why they simply hoard to do another round of instant max rank with max signature levels. Just me imagining, but i'm sure chance are big for that theory to be true.

also people save those crystals simply because of the crystal look as some find it marvelous or some just don't have idea what to do with it after opening when you have cleared all the contents, ranked and max signature all champions.

Now i understand what you meant that there is no purpose to hoard crystals. simply at my part finding it difficult to explain it in a good way of what can or would make sense.

my goal is to max rank every champions i can get my hands on... to do that i need to hoard sometimes because sometimes the rank up materials don't always go along your way even if the rank up is totally random out of blue, the question is how long would it take to form a full specific rank up material(s) to later use it on any random champion? there are many different reasons from many different players and not all opinion comes to terms.

Kabam has made it clear that those specific players will lose those very old crystals regardless what to improve, or try improve, server stability.