**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

1* Colossus

So as we all know, Colossus is a top tier champ after his buff, but the 1* version carries the old version, initially I wasn’t sure what to think. But then I noticed that the Black Panther buff carried over to the 1*, my assumption is issues with Colossus being too OP that early on, and by no means am I saying the new BP is on par with Colossus( Although he is really good I enjoy playing BP a lot now ) why have Colossus in his pre buff form when both Gamora and Black Panthers buffs have carried over?

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    because colossus op
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Why do we keep having this thread on 1* Colossus? Keeps coming up again and again... and every time the parry versus intercept argument is brought up and taken out of context. It's not about Colossus as an attacker, but it is about his abilities as a defender.

How often are you breaking out your 1* Colossus that this is such a big deal? One chapter in V4... he's not even the make or break champ like 1* Hulk.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Why do we keep having this thread on 1* Colossus? Keeps coming up again and again... and every time the parry versus intercept argument is brought up and taken out of context. It's not about Colossus as an attacker, but it is about his abilities as a defender.

How often are you breaking out your 1* Colossus that this is such a big deal? One chapter in V4... he's not even the make or break champ like 1* Hulk.

That’s great and well done for explaining it, thank you, but it comes up probably because you never see that info explained by kabam. It’s not in his spotlight or the mcoc news blog feature. Kabam mods have replied multiple times to threads and I’ve never seen them say anything about defensive abilities being the issue, just it’s overwhelming for beginners or such. Miiike took the time to respond to my thread linked above, three paragraphs, yet no good explanation on the defensive aspect. You had to do it, so bravo but yeah the issue is communication.

Berjibs said:

Kabam mods have replied multiple times to threads and I’ve never seen them say anything about defensive abilities being the issue, just it’s overwhelming for beginners or such. Miiike took the time to respond to my thread linked above, three paragraphs, yet no good explanation on the defensive aspect. You had to do it, so bravo but yeah the issue is communication.

He explained in another thread that I think was a few months ago, unfortunately equally as poorly... which is where the "Kabam thinks intercepting is easier than parry" meme came from.

He was trying to say that you acquire parry as a mastery, but day one everyone has the potential to intercept, there is no intercept mastery to unlock. Note that is not the same as having the skill of intercepting. Skill is the having the ability to do something reliably and effectively. Randomly performing intercepts is not equivalent to having the skill.

IF they buffed 1* Colossus, he would be able to "parry" the player without them having learnt parry.

Poorly worded communication is easy to twist.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Yeah exactly there’s so much cool and creative stuff in this game but the communication of abilities, bugs, issues, event details etc often leaves a lot to be desired.

One example would be how poorly gwenpool’s sig ability is described in the game. Zero detail about how her AA reduction scales or even works. It’s been like that for what, three years or more?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

His abilities on defense you say huh? So... would you like to show me where a 1* colossus is on defense.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Corkscrew said:

His abilities on defense you say huh? So... would you like to show me where a 1* colossus is on defense.
    He's talking about "Defensive Abilities" as in things like Armor or Parry or Blocking, as a side note on another Post on this Topic someone went through all of Act 1 and found only One 1 Star Colossus on Defense and the kicker is it's not even the Current 1 Star Colossus. It's an even more Basic Version that has never been changed (think of LoL SpiderGwen still being in her Pre Buff Form cause they're considered a Separate Champion Build), so even if 1 Star Colossus got Buffed it wouldn't affect any Defending Ones (I bring this all up because there were people genuinely using this as a reason for why he wasn't Buffed, not even mentioning the fact that an Act 1 AI successfully using Parry is a Laughable Idea)
    Corkscrew said:

Berjibs said:

Kabam mods have replied multiple times to threads and I’ve never seen them say anything about defensive abilities being the issue, just it’s overwhelming for beginners or such. Miiike took the time to respond to my thread linked above, three paragraphs, yet no good explanation on the defensive aspect. You had to do it, so bravo but yeah the issue is communication.

He explained in another thread that I think was a few months ago, unfortunately equally as poorly... which is where the "Kabam thinks intercepting is easier than parry" meme came from.

He was trying to say that you acquire parry as a mastery, but day one everyone has the potential to intercept, there is no intercept mastery to unlock. Note that is not the same as having the skill of intercepting. Skill is the having the ability to do something reliably and effectively. Randomly performing intercepts is not equivalent to having the skill.

IF they buffed 1* Colossus, he would be able to "parry" the player without them having learnt parry.

Poorly worded communication is easy to twist.
    Oh wait you actually meant the Laughable Idea of a 1 Star Colossus being able to Parry someone in Early Content, yeah no that reasoning is flat out eliminated because the only 1 Star Colossus you can face before getting the Parry Mastery is a Separate Build that wouldn't be affected by any change to the playable 1 Star Colossus.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

where are you going to fight colossus as a 1* please enlighten @Corkscrew

Topic someone went through all of Act 1 and found only One 1 Star Colossus on Defense and the kicker is it's not even the Current 1 Star Colossus. It's an even more Basic Version that has never been changed (think of LoL SpiderGwen still being in her Pre Buff Form cause they're considered a Separate Champion Build), so even if 1 Star Colossus got Buffed it wouldn't affect any Defending Ones (I bring this all up because there were people genuinely using this as a reason for why he wasn't Buffed, not even mentioning the fact that an Act 1 AI successfully using Parry is a Laughable Idea)

Yeah that's the whole point, it's the pre-buff Colossus because they don't want to buff 1* Colossus in Act 1. I don't understand how this is "the kicker" - seems to be contrary to the point you're trying to make.

Buffed 1* Colossus, even unawakened, would be able to stun on well timed block. The don't want that in Act 1 content.

@AverageDesi Apparently in Act 1... since someone did a run through. All I'm doing is explaining the context that was given instead of taking it out of context as others seem to want to do.

So my question is, where is 1* buffed Colossus being used that it's a gamechanger and demands the buff?

edited July 2021
    Corkscrew said:

Topic someone went through all of Act 1 and found only One 1 Star Colossus on Defense and the kicker is it's not even the Current 1 Star Colossus. It's an even more Basic Version that has never been changed (think of LoL SpiderGwen still being in her Pre Buff Form cause they're considered a Separate Champion Build), so even if 1 Star Colossus got Buffed it wouldn't affect any Defending Ones (I bring this all up because there were people genuinely using this as a reason for why he wasn't Buffed, not even mentioning the fact that an Act 1 AI successfully using Parry is a Laughable Idea)

Yeah that's the whole point, it's the pre-buff Colossus because they don't want to buff 1* Colossus in Act 1. I don't understand how this is "the kicker" - seems to be contrary to the point you're trying to make.

Buffed 1* Colossus, even unawakened, would be able to stun on well timed block. The don't want that in Act 1 content.

@AverageDesi Apparently in Act 1... since someone did a run through. All I'm doing is explaining the context that was given instead of taking it out of context as others seem to want to do.

So my question is, where is 1* buffed Colossus being used that it's a gamechanger and demands the buff?

You misread my point, the 1 Star Colossus in Act 1 isn't even the Current "Old" 1 Star Colossus. It's like a separate Champion with no Abilities besides 1 Armor Up Ability and Bleed Immunity I believe (the "Old" Colossus has that Ability that increases Special Damage based on Armor Rating and one or two other tiny abilities), meaning the 1 Star Colossus in Act 1 is a Separate Entity that would not be affected by a Buff (much like the BPC in RoL or the SpiderGwen in LoL).

But besides all that, let's just say for a moment that one was buffed as well, the idea of a 1 Star in Act 1 with some of the Most Basic AI Possible being able to Parry someone is again Completely Laughable! Then in the Miniscule Chance that it did get a Parry off, it would then just sit there Blocking or doing Nothing just like Basic AI always does...
  • This topic has been covered many times in the past. Here's one from a recent thread that was already posted above: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1861422/#Comment_1861422
This discussion has been closed.