**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Tactics... Supposed to have re-vamped Untouchables but we re-vamped High Ground...?

2»

Comments

• SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 343 ★★
    I hope this is addressed ASAP because the offseason is short and we can’t waste offseason practicing with tactics that won’t even be on the map when the season starts. Or will they?
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    So couple findings from the 1st offseason war:

1. Torch prefight Nova flames don't count towards the reduced High Altitude timer. Still get a full 10 second timer always
    2. The 2 second High Altitude timer only kicks in AFTER the 10 second timer has expired and you still have an active Incinerate/Shock/Degen. So if all your Incinerate/Shock/Degen expire before the 10 second timer ends and refreshes, you'll get another 10 second timer. If any are active when the 10 second timer ends, that's when the 2 second time comes into play and then it can get really crazy and quick from there.

I had 3 High Altitude fights: two ProfX and Nova.
    1st ProfX I just choose to skip using Torch and went with Thing. I did mess up at the start but once you get behind on the charges/combos, it's pretty difficult to catch back up w/o taking a ton of block damage. I just ended up trying to ignore and play contactless.
    2nd ProfX fight, I used prefight Torch and it ended up being a fairly standard Torch vs ProfX fight (quick and dead)
    Nova fight I took with Doom. This really showed how the 10 second timer vs 2nd timer interacted. I didn't take any hits and in the doing the Doom cycle x3, I ended up taking 50% health off my R3 unboosted Doom just mainly from the Altitude block damage...🤮

https://youtu.be/btFXMQGnCj0

Not sure what the tactic should be that gets tied with High Altitude but Slow Your Roll doesn't do anything to help... And it doesn't really do anything to help with the Untouchables tactic either but we already knew that. Hoping we get to see the announced, updated Untouchables next war so we can get a feel of what we will actually see for Season 29 and test stuff out.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

So couple findings from the 1st offseason war:

1. Torch prefight Nova flames don't count towards the reduced High Altitude timer. Still get a full 10 second timer always
    2. The 2 second High Altitude timer only kicks in AFTER the 10 second timer has expired and you still have an active Incinerate/Shock/Degen. So if all your Incinerate/Shock/Degen expire before the 10 second timer ends and refreshes, you'll get another 10 second timer. If any are active when the 10 second timer ends, that's when the 2 second time comes into play and then it can get really crazy and quick from there.

I had 3 High Altitude fights: two ProfX and Nova.
    1st ProfX I just choose to skip using Torch and went with Thing. I did mess up at the start but once you get behind on the charges/combos, it's pretty difficult to catch back up w/o taking a ton of block damage. I just ended up trying to ignore and play contactless.
    2nd ProfX fight, I used prefight Torch and it ended up being a fairly standard Torch vs ProfX fight (quick and dead)
    Nova fight I took with Doom. This really showed how the 10 second timer vs 2nd timer interacted. I didn't take any hits and in the doing the Doom cycle x3, I ended up taking 50% health off my R3 unboosted Doom just mainly from the Altitude block damage...🤮

https://youtu.be/btFXMQGnCj0

Not sure what the tactic should be that gets tied with High Altitude but Slow Your Roll doesn't do anything to help... And it doesn't really do anything to help with the Untouchables tactic either but we already knew that. Hoping we get to see the announced, updated Untouchables next war so we can get a feel of what we will actually see for Season 29 and test stuff out.

Wow. That's pretty ridiculous damage. Doom vs Nova isn't even a hard fight. And Doom is a tank and still lost that much health
    Definitely needs to change imo
  • They team is working on getting Untouchables implemented back in correctly. We're estimating that it should be displaying and implemented correctly again by the middle of next week at the latest.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

They team is working on getting Untouchables implemented back in correctly. We're estimating that it should be displaying and implemented correctly again by the middle of next week at the latest.

Thanks @Kabam Zibiit ! 🤘🏼

• I checked with the team and there is a new version of High Ground that is being tested out starting this off-season, which you can find more information about here. That said, it is still only supposed to be an option for Challenger Maps and is being removed form Expert as intended.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    What’s the point of the new untouchables? Isn’t there supposed to be a benefit to using the attack tactic?