**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lets ,,temper our expectations"(Trade in store)

TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I am tired of sitting on certain resources just to get the hype killer like we did on this gold event.
Can someone pull up a screenshot of admin saying that they are sorry they made 6* AWAKENING store the way they did it and it MAYBE comes back next year?
Pull up the screenshot and lets ask kabam if its coming this year. No deadpool jokes this time kabam )))

Comments

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I think the best management of expectations is the one you can do yourself. Use resources when you have to, don’t when you don’t.
    Stop asking “who should I use this awakening gem on?” like it’s an itch you need to scratch and wait till you need a champion for something, e.g. EOP, 8.1, etc. and ask “do I have a ranked up champ that can do it? No, then time to rank and awaken this champ”.
    Of course I rank champs I know are good or cool every now and then, but if I do so, I make sure I have resources left if needed.
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    SandeepS said:

You wanted the screenshot...

Thank you <3
    edited October 2022

I think the best management of expectations is the one you can do yourself. Use resources when you have to, don’t when you don’t.
    Stop asking “who should I use this awakening gem on?” like it’s an itch you need to scratch and wait till you need a champion for something, e.g. EOP, 8.1, etc. and ask “do I have a ranked up champ that can do it? No, then time to rank and awaken this champ”.
    Of course I rank champs I know are good or cool every now and then, but if I do so, I make sure I have resources left if needed.

Can i be sure i will NOT miss out on 6* awakening cause i spent 1 5* tech gem on ultron for carinas challenge? No i can NOT be sure. So i NEED to know about the event to not sit here like an idiot not doing carinas waiting for almighty kabam to do as they please and inform us 23 minutes early that event was never coming back in the first place.
    For example this time on gold offers, the only INFORMATION they gave us was half joke 1 day before event.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Can i be sure i will NOT miss out on 6* awakening cause i spent 1 5* tech gem on ultron for carinas challenge? No i can NOT be sure. So i NEED to know about the event to not sit here like an idiot not doing carinas waiting for almighty kabam to do as they please and inform us 23 minutes early that event was never coming back in the first place.
    This time the only INFORMATION they gave us was half joke 1 day before event.
    I do have some questions:
    - Why do you need to awaken Ultron?
    - If you’re at a point where you’re doing Carina’s, how are you not swimming in 5* awakening gems?
    - What do you need more, a 6* awakening gem or the mats from the challenges?

Kabam might no want to give information in advance in case plans change. So just make an educated decision with the info you have.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,913 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

You wanted the screenshot...

They may plan to run it again (or were planning to do so as of last December). That doesn’t mean it’s returning this year or as an annual event. So as the thread suggests, hopefully everyone will temper their expectations.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    They have confirmed multiple times by now that there are no intentions of bringing it back.

So expectations should already be low at this point
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    At some point they will bring it back, but our expectation shouldn’t be that that it’s brought back with every single trade in store they do.

But use the resources that you need. We get at least 1x 5* awakening gem a month.

I missed out last time because I would use any awakening gems I had during item use events for points. Now I know the trade in is a possibility I save my 5* awakening gems. But if there was a 5* I wanted to awaken I would.
    Basic information is the LEAST we are owed by a company we finance... INFORMATION its such an easy task to acomplish yet the company fails this simple task TIME AND TIME again...

Basic information is the LEAST we are owed by a company we finance... INFORMATION its such an easy task to acomplish yet the company fails this simple task TIME AND TIME again...

Psssst..... We don't finance Kabam. We finance Netmarble, which in turn finances all the titles under their umbrella. Your money doesn't go directly to Kabam.

You got information, you just didn't like the information. You got the information about the trade-in store and we got information about Deadpool offers. There's a difference in not getting anything vs not liking what you're getting.
    Nobody said THE TRADE IN STORE WILL NOT RETURN IN ITS PREVIOUS FORM or anything even remotly close. If kabam said GOLD OFFERS WILL NOT RETURN THIS WEEKEND, just 3-4 days before the weekend i wouldnt spend 800 units on becoming paragon for UNIT offers and would chill for another couple weeks. Its a SIMPLE COMUNICATION issue friendo nothing more nothing less. Its easy to fix!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★

Psssst..... We don't finance Kabam. We finance Netmarble, which in turn finances all the titles under their umbrella. Your money doesn't go directly to Kabam.

You got information, you just didn't like the information. You got the information about the trade-in store and we got information about Deadpool offers. There's a difference in not getting anything vs not liking what you're getting.
    Nobody said THE TRADE IN STORE WILL NOT RETURN IN ITS PREVIOUS FORM or anything even remotly close. If kabam said GOLD OFFERS WILL NOT RETURN THIS WEEKEND, just 3-4 days before the weekend i wouldnt spend 800 units on becoming paragon for UNIT offers and would chill for another couple weeks. Its a SIMPLE COMUNICATION issue friendo nothing more nothing less. Its easy to fix!
    Their announcement in-game did not mention gold offers and it was like 2 days before the event went live plus it runs for the whole weekend. Not sure how or why you'd spend 800 units to become Paragon when you could have just waited for the event to go live.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

For example this time on gold offers, the only INFORMATION they gave us was half joke 1 day before event.
    This is embarrassing. You should have a pile of supreme shards to get 4-star gems to get another 5-star gem regardless. Come on.
    edited October 2022
    TyEdge said:

This is embarrassing. You should have a pile of supreme shards to get 4-star gems to get another 5-star gem regardless. Come on.
    If they make it like last year i may very well fail because of 1 tech gem. To get 5 generics from 0 you could have 26 gems and STILL not be able to get 5 generics. So yeah i cant do ANYTHING unless i have info about trade in store. I cant even open gold crystals and so on and ESPECIALLY i cant use awakening gems. Not even 3*. It could cost me 6* awakening like last year.

But all this is beside the point. Company like kabam should EASILY hand out info like this
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

TyEdge said:

If they make it like last year i may very well fail because of 1 tech gem. To get 5 generics from 0 you could have 26 gems and STILL not be able to get 5 generics. So yeah i cant do ANYTHING unless i have info about trade in store. I cant even open gold crystals and so on and ESPECIALLY i cant use awakening gems. Not even 3*. It could cost me 6* awakening like last year.

But all this is beside the point. Company like kabam should EASILY hand out info like this
    Why is a six star awakening gem so important to you that you will give up progress to get it? It will likely end up being a class you are upset to get anyways. Those offers are best suited to people who naturally have extras than to those who have to pull everything they have to get them. Besides, if you really need a six star awakening gem that bad then go get paragon and then just buy the one in the loyalty store.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Entitled much?
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,446 ★★★★
    Can someone loop me in: What was the trading store about? And what did you need to trade in for that juicy 6* awakening gem?
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Amazing... After all the backlash about how expensive the trade was.. after many posts saying WOW I cant get the the 6* AG, Kabam is greedy.. now they want it back... The same thing happened with the Golf Offers btw...

Can someone loop me in: What was the trading store about? And what did you need to trade in for that juicy 6* awakening gem?

Needed 5 Generic 5* stones.
    To get 1 generic 5* you had to trade 3 of SAME COLOR. Now that was the biggest BS ever. Cause someone could pop 3 crystals and get 3 tech and trade for that last missing 5* generic. Others like myself, could pull 2 of each (worst case is usually the case as you know from tier 4 class cats) meaning it could be a difference of 3 crystals vs 13 crystals based purely on rng.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Entitled much?
    Oh :D i am SOOOOO entitled to demand basic information. I am not entitled my friend. Its just you being a slave. As i said earlier you probably will let goverment take everything you have and not even say a word. Its a very very good example. It applies perfectly to what you said i am in front of kabam for asking a basic question.
    You have no right to demand any information from any private company. You can demand all you want and they reserve the right to not answer you in any capacity if the information demanded is in no way critical.
    Snakep said:

TyEdge said:

Why is a six star awakening gem so important to you that you will give up progress to get it? It will likely end up being a class you are upset to get anyways. Those offers are best suited to people who naturally have extras than to those who have to pull everything they have to get them. Besides, if you really need a six star awakening gem that bad then go get paragon and then just buy the one in the loyalty store.
    Theres no class i will be upset about 6* awakening. I will gladly give up 1 carinas challenge progress for 6* gem. Wouldnt anyone?
    During the event i had 3 generic stones ( i could explore labyrinth for 4th one). So i have EXTRAS as you would imagine. The issue came when i traded in ALL my 3* 4* awakening for 5* awakening crystals and found myself having 2 of each class. I had no way of getting more and it was torture to me and others like me, watching lucky guys getting 6* awakenings and than even trading the colors while they are at it, while we were sitting on TOOOOOOOOOOON of 5* awakening stones and didnt have option to trade them up due to some IDIOTIC color game kabam put us through
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    I used my AGs on random champs like a good player should.
    Turned out game rewarded hoarders.
    Now, I'm not using 5* AGs anyway, no champ is going above 5r3 so what's the point.
    Ill Let 'em stack forever. 25 something and counting......
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    If its a problem for you to hoard then don't hoard

If it ain't then keep on hoarding, won't affect your account really.

Simple concept really.