**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* Shard availability

Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
I believe dupes of 6* will give 7* Shards from this November. Is it going to be from when the next update drops in November or will it be later in the month?

There’s 10 days until the next 6* featured drops. 18 days until Novembers the next game update. Was looking to to see if it’s worth the wait on holding off 8 extra days, for the featured opening or whether would need to wait longer until we can gain 7* shards?

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

I believe dupes of 6* will give 7* Shards from this November. Is it going to be from when the next update drops in November or will it be later in the month?

There’s 10 days until the next 6* featured drops. 18 days until Novembers the next game update. Was looking to to see if it’s worth the wait on holding off 8 extra days, for the featured opening or whether would need to wait longer until we can gain 7* shards?

I’d wait to pop them until the people who first do come to the forum to say that they never got 7* shards with their dupes. Saves you from having to wait for any comp
    This man speaks the truth! Yeah I’m going to wait a few days to pop what I’m hoarding to make sure I don’t need to wait for bug comp.

I’ve been claiming some features for this feature and will do the same for next feature then pop them. And then hoard again for infamous.
  • Options
    MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    one or two 6* won't make a different, 275 x2 = 550 7* shards, and probably the pool will be trash like what they did when they introduced 6*, where you had to get so many dupes in order to get 6* Cyclops.
    don't bother yourself to get early 7*, because it won't be much of a different than 6* r3 or r4, 7* will become readily available over time,
  • Options

one or two 6* won't make a different, 275 x2 = 550 7* shards, and probably the pool will be trash like what they did when they introduced 6*, where you had to get so many dupes in order to get 6* Cyclops.
    don't bother yourself to get early 7*, because it won't be much of a different than 6* r3 or r4, 7* will become readily available over time,

Biggest accounts open 5 or even more 6* a month. I'm no big player, but even I would get to 8 6* if I went for basics, when 7* shards start dropping.

I expect 7* R1 to have similar stats as R4, if Kabam goes same way as with 5->6, and 6* have adrenaline, which is sometimes helpful, 7* might have similar feature. So, if you pull good 7*, you might have stronger R4, without any resources other than gold and ISO.
    I think 7* r1s will actually be on par with 6* r3, here's why: 4* r1 l1 is about equal to a max 2*. 5* r1 l1 is about equal to a max 3* champion. 6* r1 l1 is about equal to a max r5 4*. So if this pattern continues, then a 7* r1 l1 should be about equivalent to a r5 5* champion. That would mean that at max Level, a 7* r1 would be pretty much a r3 6*.
  • Options
    Brad366Brad366 Posts: 52
    By the time the month ends, I will have 14 6* crystals and it is killing me a little bit. I opened one 6* dual crystal from a carina challenge at the beginning of the month because I wanted to see if my EOP class catalyst selection would change. Instead I duped Drax which was a great combination of all the worst possible scenarios.

Side note, a lot of the shards I got were from 8.1 exploration. I was a couple weeks behind the pack so I knew about 7* s before I got them. Did it bug people who explored the first week or two and spent them before it was announced?
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Typically, the patch drops a day or two before new content, if I remember correctly, so probably something like the 8th. Could be wrong though, and definitely wait to make sure it’s working right before opening a ton.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★
    Brad366 said:

By the time the month ends, I will have 14 6* crystals and it is killing me a little bit. I opened one 6* dual crystal from a carina challenge at the beginning of the month because I wanted to see if my EOP class catalyst selection would change. Instead I duped Drax which was a great combination of all the worst possible scenarios.

Side note, a lot of the shards I got were from 8.1 exploration. I was a couple weeks behind the pack so I knew about 7* s before I got them. Did it bug people who explored the first week or two and spent them before it was announced?

With no idea how many shards a dupe will net us as well as how many shards required for a 7* nope not bothered, plus 6* are plenty relevant and will be for a year or two more.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    Much more interesting would be: what pool will be available firstly?
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Snakep said:

It’s supposed to start with the new update but like others have said, best to wait until someone confirms they got 7 star shards from a dupe first.

🤣
    I can see everyone just waiting for someone else to go first, lol