**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How I feel about Act 4.

I am trying to push for 100% Act 4 at the moment while also pushing through a first run through act 5 to become uncollected. However, Act 4 seems highly time or unit consuming due to the costs of energy, and is highly champ dependent. Act 4 chapters with Starburst and Chaos nodes I think need changing. I have no efficient regen champs so the starburst node prevents me completing the stages it is on, unless I want to spend units or save free crystals for health potions. While the chaos node is is very rng dependent. Both these nodes appear to depend on the player being lucky enough to pull a specific champ or get lucky in the fight. In my opinion this doesn't test player skill, whereas I think they should. The nodes could be replaced with a champion boost or another node that requires skill to play around rather than luck. While I think most mcoc players could live with the energy costs, the rng element to some chapters and stages of Act 4 seems juxtaposed to the way mcoc appears to be pushing with challenges and monthly event quests now.
What do people think about Act 4?

Cheers,
Crunchy

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Feeling the same. Stalled. And as you say it is dependant on the right champs and at the right level and or spending. Not gonna spend so just getting frustrated and angry. Playing solo and there is no source for t4s. Open 200 shard crystals and you still got bupkus! Just opened the generously provided lesser ascendant from the arena and got smeggin' iso...when the 6s come along Kabam better loosen up on the cats and the alphas or i'm out of here! Such a gap between heroic and master content...I walk through heroic (which makes it boring) and I stall out on some ridiculous node with a champ I could otherwise easily schmoe but they hammer me when playing the "master" levels or end game levels...By a flipping magneto or some other usually suck champ who is so amp'd up you gotta drop an odins worth of revives and restores to beat him. I don't think there is much to brag about if revives and restores are how you get through. Anyone can do that and it just plays I to kabams greedy plan. This is year three...started out great now back to suck mode...fix the drops! When too many of us feel "left behind" you are gonna lose us...if you care...I am waiting to see what happens when they finally release the six stars. If the cats and alphas remain as rare and difficult to obtain??? Painfully obvious what the plan is when it takes 4 of something extremely rare to rank a champ and your inventory only holds 3??? If that isn't designed to make you lose it because it expires while trying to collect the rest of the stuff needed to rank then I am taking crazy pills and so is kabam! And then what will some of us do? I can tell you what I'd probably do. We are back to the same bs status quo...shards! Shards! And more Shards! Building and Building a crystal
    For domes days or weeks only to open ****...
  • I get the feeling you are referencing the magneto in the underdog boss rush challenge, it was a tad savage and out of left field considering most other boses were entirely manageable
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It seems obvious to me that since they can't make us pay to play they plan to make us pay to win...
  • I havent had the most trouble in Act 5 as yet, although I expect bane to be a challenge. I have no problem with challenging if it tests my ability to play in the fight, no my overall luck.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Why open two threads about the same thing op?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Honestly is act 4 even worth exploring? (I’m still collected)
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Bahamut wrote: »

If u need the awaken gem then yeah plus gives u something to do and if ur roster is still 4 star dependent then it would give u a solid boost to help as u build it up
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

it is 100% worth for mastery points (you get 1 for each chapter). Also best way to hit 60lvl is by exploring act4, to get remaining mastery points. Other rewards are irrelevant compared to that
  • I am trying to push for 100% Act 4 at the moment while also pushing through a first run through act 5 to become uncollected. However, Act 4 seems highly time or unit consuming due to the costs of energy, and is highly champ dependent. Act 4 chapters with Starburst and Chaos nodes I think need changing. I have no efficient regen champs so the starburst node prevents me completing the stages it is on, unless I want to spend units or save free crystals for health potions. While the chaos node is is very rng dependent. Both these nodes appear to depend on the player being lucky enough to pull a specific champ or get lucky in the fight. In my opinion this doesn't test player skill, whereas I think they should. The nodes could be replaced with a champion boost or another node that requires skill to play around rather than luck. While I think most mcoc players could live with the energy costs, the rng element to some chapters and stages of Act 4 seems juxtaposed to the way mcoc appears to be pushing with challenges and monthly event quests now.
    What do people think about Act 4?

Cheers,
    Crunchy

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    you gone suck it up and go through it, just the 1000s who did it before you.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    One thing I would suggest is you have to pick the paths with the energy refills on them. That saved me some units going through it. But overall Act 4 is a lot easier than it used to be.
  • s0vkk615icvr.gif
    This is a recruiting chat .... Haha
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    One thing I would suggest is you have to pick the paths with the energy refills on them. That saved me some units going through it. But overall Act 4 is a lot easier than it used to be.

@TheOneAndOnly, I was actually very delinquent on my Act 4 exploration (need to grind arena, and too tired spending way too much time on MCoC). I wasn't touching my Story quest from July-Nov, but now I'm going back to it, almost getting Act 4 100% soon, but will proceed to Act 5 to attempt for uncollected before coming back for 100% exploration.

Since I wasn't following what Act 4 used to be, just curious, if you don't mind, what changes Kabam made to make the Act 4 easier?
    Eg.
    .... did they make the opponents in all paths easier, but only keeping the final Boss as tough as before like the Month Master mode change?
    .... did they make all paths easier, but only keeping the toughest path unchanged?
    .... did they keep all min-bosses and final boss and make all others easier?
    .... did they remove some of the debuff effects in some of the local nodes or link nodes? etc ... Just curious to know what was changed :)

thanks
    But overall Act 4 is a lot easier than it used to be.

I was actually very delinquent on my Act 4 exploration (need to grind arena, and too tired spending way too much time on MCoC). I wasn't touching my Story quest from July-Nov, but now I'm going back to it, almost getting Act 4 100% soon, but will proceed to Act 5 to attempt for uncollected before coming back for 100% exploration.

@TheOneAndOnly, since I wasn't following what Act 4 used to be, just curious, if you don't mind, what changes Kabam made to make the Act 4 easier?
    Eg.
    .... did they make the opponents in all paths easier, but only keeping the final Boss as tough as before like the Month Master mode change?
    .... did they make all paths easier, but only keeping the toughest path unchanged?
    .... did they remove some of the debuff effects in some of the local nodes or link nodes? etc ... Just curious to know what was changed :)

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    @shchong2 I don't know all the changes as I was done with it long before the nerf but the two biggest changes that come to mind are they took away the slashed tires from Jugs (that was the hardest fight in act 4) and they removed the poison and all-or-nothing from short path Venom.

And they completely removed thorns from that one level...the hardest aspect of act 4 now is just the starburst level. And the obvious length of the levels but the rest is very manageable.

@TheOneAndOnly, I was actually very delinquent on my Act 4 exploration (need to grind arena, and too tired spending way too much time on MCoC). I wasn't touching my Story quest from July-Nov, but now I'm going back to it, almost getting Act 4 100% soon, but will proceed to Act 5 to attempt for uncollected before coming back for 100% exploration.

Since I wasn't following what Act 4 used to be, just curious, if you don't mind, what changes Kabam made to make the Act 4 easier?
    Eg.

• Hey guys this was posted here by mistake, I couldn't find where to delete the post from Alliance recruiting, so I reposted into general discussion :)
  • Moved this thread to General Discussion.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    If you don't have willpower then obviously it will be harder, people on act 4 will need willpower. You will need rank 4s and if none of them can regen then that is what the potions are there for. After each fight you would lose about 2k health without taking any hits but thay depends how fast you can finish the fight. I never had any other type of revovery masteries when trying this. If the opponent has a special and uses it and it gives them unstoppable then make sure to have your special saved up, parry and use it or if you don't have parry bait them into your special. Nothing else to say about this.

If you have rank 5s then even better you will barely need the potions.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I really don’t understand people moaning about act4. You’ll only clear it when you have the roster and skill that allows you to do so. If you can’t clear it yet, you’re not ready, come back to it when you are.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Maybe they should just do it for you? Everyone else had the same issue man. We all have to wait or spend units. It's meant to be a challenge. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's just part of the game. It's easier now than it used to be.