**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Offers

I get that some offers are sent to some demographics of the player base, even tho that's a completely ridiculous thing to do. I understand that it happens, just not the logic behind it, mainly because it's stupid to do so.... for no other reason than you're inviting an explosion of complaints in the forum and to the support group. I'm always blown away by the lack of forethought involved with these sort of things. If you're offering to only collected players and not uncollected... I'd understand that. That actually makes sense. This doesn't seem to be the case with the 4* awakening offer tho.

Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe it was never supposed to go out to anyone? It did seem rather inexpensive when compared with the way you normally overvalue literally everything in the game. If that's the case, why not just say so? Closing threads with vague statements about some offers not going to all players is just asking for headaches. ESPECIALLY when it's a great price for an item that would be purchased immediately by such a large portion of the player base.

This just seems like a fail all the way around. I'd say I expect better... But lol. Way to enrage a buncha people for no reason. Smart move. I applaud your choice of handling this in one of the worst ways possible hahaha

Comments

• ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I get that some offers are sent to some demographics of the player base, even tho that's a completely ridiculous thing to do. I understand that it happens, just not the logic behind it, mainly because it's stupid to do so.... for no other reason than you're inviting an explosion of complaints in the forum and to the support group. I'm always blown away by the lack of forethought involved with these sort of things. If you're offering to only collected players and not uncollected... I'd understand that. That actually makes sense. This doesn't seem to be the case with the 4* awakening offer tho.

Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe it was never supposed to go out to anyone? It did seem rather inexpensive when compared with the way you normally overvalue literally everything in the game. If that's the case, why not just say so? Closing threads with vague statements about some offers not going to all players is just asking for headaches. ESPECIALLY when it's a great price for an item that would be purchased immediately by such a large portion of the player base.

This just seems like a fail all the way around. I'd say I expect better... But lol. Way to enrage a buncha people for no reason. Smart move. I applaud your choice of handling this in one of the worst ways possible hahaha

From what I have heard it was sent to people that had yet to make a purchase. Seems like smart marketing to me.
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    It's for free to play accounts only, to drag them into spending.
  • StL_SuitsStL_Suits Posts: 68
    Several spenders in my alliance got the offer. So...
  • ArmyBrat wrote: »
    chunkyb wrote: »

From what I have heard it was sent to people that had yet to make a purchase. Seems like smart marketing to me.

Then I would agree with that part. Great way to reel someone in. Not sure where you heard it from, but I THINK I've talked to at least one person who has purchased things before that got this offer... Tho the purchase failed when he tried...

The rest stands tho. If it's for non-spenders, why not just say so instead of handling it in such a poor way? Unless one mod actually answered instead of just saying vague stuff and closing the thread?
  • Hey there!

So, I just wanted to drop in and apologize for the disappointment that's coming from this offer not being available for everyone. We get the frustration behind it and appreciate the feedback being given. Though we can't go into detail on the demographics mentioned above, we can assure you that we take this type of feedback very seriously and share it with the rest of the team for future offers.
  • Hey there!

So, I just wanted to drop in and apologize for the disappointment that's coming from this offer not being available for everyone. We get the frustration behind it and appreciate the feedback being given. Though we can't go into detail on the demographics mentioned above, we can assure you that we take this type of feedback very seriously and share it with the rest of the team for future offers.

At first, I only posted bc I thought this whole thing was a major failure. Now I'm quite interested in which demographics got the offer and why. Doesn't seem like it should be a national security issue and normally just being up front about things cures a lot of people's problems surrounding the issue.
This discussion has been closed.