**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Homophobic censoring in global chat

2»

Comments

• M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Game need to be netral. No matter how west country opened about LGBT, but this game is played by people from other nations too where they cant accept things like this, morever, like @Jaffacaked said, kids also play this game. Lets people just talk about game in game,not about private things like sexual orientation. If u want to talk about that, you can use line or other app that your alliance use for communication
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Just say “team rainbow” 🌈
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Wait...people still use Global chat?
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    People like this is why the new generation is so soft..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    M1k0rin wrote: »
    Game need to be netral. No matter how west country opened about LGBT, but this game is played by people from other nations too where they cant accept things like this, morever, like @Jaffacaked said, kids also play this game. Lets people just talk about game in game,not about private things like sexual orientation. If u want to talk about that, you can use line or other app that your alliance use for communication

See, that reasoning is where it gets sketchy for me. Excluding those terms because other Countries don't accept it would be supporting those ideals. Not that I believe that's the reasoning. I happen to know they respect and support all people because I spoke about it before and had a private conversation. Just pointing out that if that was the case, that would be passively taking a stance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I think you might be personalizing it a bit too much. I don't care either way of they add them or not, but it's a game. One that is geared towards Marvel Characters. I don't think Sexuality really plays much of a role in it. I feel the same way about people who try to use it as a Dating App. Time and a place.

well sexuality does play a part in marvel characters.

Deadpool is openly Bi-Sexual.
    Angela is Lesbian whos girlfriend is a Transexual

i dont think any other characters in game at this point fall into the LGBT category (i may be mistaken), but there certainly are others in the marvel universe.

so we should be able to talk about that in the game chat but as it stands atm we cannot.

I don't need schooled in the presence of Homosexuality in Marvel. I'm quite aware. We have children Ages 13 and up, and in some cases lower, playing. While the Rating is Teen, parents still let their children play. In any event, it's a game. The central focus is playing. Not Sexual Identity.
    I really don't need to be enlightened on the sensitivity to the subject. I have a lifetime of experience.

no need to give me that kind of attitude dude......

seriously i was replying to this sentence from you "I don't think Sexuality should really come up in a game such as this".... well if i wanna talk to someone bout angela or deadpool it is very possible that it might come up in conversation. so yeah it does have a place.

also too the fact that people under 13 play is irrelevant. the game is rated 13+ aslong as all content is appropriate for those above 13 that is all that matters. ratings are there for a reason. your point here is invalid as it is like saying a movie rated 18+ has to conform to the fact that no doubt there will be 15yr olds watching it. NO that is not how ratings work. but really this is irrelevant to anything. does not even fit with this conversation.

but seriously dude the attitude in which you responded to my post is very offputting and absolutely uncallled for.

I really wasn't going for being rude. I'm just very strong in my word choice sometimes. My apologies.
    My point in that is the subject of sex doesn't even come up in gameplay. It's not in the Storyline, and the closest we come is eluding to the relationships. "It's Complicated, Romance". Global is Public Domain. They try to keep it as clean as possible. Bottom line is, it's not the place for a sex talk. Now, I know there are all kinds of thirsty people in there and I feel the same about that. It's also played by people full of hormones. Lol.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    1: Why would any of those be censored?
    2: I’ve had “It” censored and several F bombs go through fine.
This discussion has been closed.