**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iPhone XS Max UI Issues

I just purchased the iPhone XS Max and noticed the UI is wonky on almost all menus. The biggest non-cosmetic issue is that the special button during fights is spaced too far to the edge of the screen requiring you to lift your hand up to reach it. Can any of the mods confirm if this will be addressed in an upcoming update? Thank you.

Comments

• Hi!

Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot or picture so that we can more easily see what you are referring to? Thank you!
  • TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    Hi @Kabam Lyra

Thanks for responding. Please see the following screenshots of various iOS devices.
    You can see that the special button on the iPhone XS Max is placed more on the left than the other devices. Even if you have very short thumbs, this forces you to adjust your grip mid fight to execute a special. Very difficult to do when facing higher level AI.

p5axqn8re7xt.jpg
    3xq3bj74lxk4.png
    qkehp2rsrwfd.png
  • Yes please fix this. Have missed Speicla button a ton. Going form 7+ to new Xs Max
    Bumped for visibility.
  • Thanks for the screenshots! We'll get this sent up to the rest of the team. :)
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Got new XS max as well and missed specials a few times already because it’s all the way on the left side (uncomfortable location). Please look into this.
    @Kabam Vydious Thanks appreciate it. I've been trying to practice exclusively on the XS Max for the past few days, and even when I consciously and physically prepare to execute a special, it still fails about 30 percent of the time due to the small hit box and awkward location. Hitting a special on the fly is almost impossible. I think moving it 0.5 cm to the right would help tremendously.

Would be helpful to see other XS Max users' opinions. Maybe there aren't that many yet.
  • BlueVitriolBlueVitriol Posts: 17
    I am definitely having the same issue. I could hit the special button with my 8plus without looking, but with my xs max I have to look down to hit it. If this can be fixed sooner than later it would help a ton.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Same. Have to look down to hit the button but I think I may already be adjusting. Will probably have to readjust after it's fixed.
  • MadTitan616MadTitan616 Posts: 30
    I’ve had the max since launch. It was an issue at first. It then seemed to be fixed for a while. Now, in the last few days it seems to be impossible to trigger again even when looking down at it before pressing.
    2yn4thlake7m.jpeg
    zqcu8yrh0ho8.jpeg
    Please look into making the overall size of the play area like it was before the 21.0 update. I’m using the xs max and now everything is much smaller. You can compare the above photos as it is quite obvious. The special button and power bars are much higher than it was before. If you could look into this, that would be great. Thanks
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    I don’t understand how the game / new updates are not getting tested on an iPhone X.
    Is it possible that Kabam isn’t capable of comparing two iPhone Xs side by side with vers 20 and 21???? Test on last versions of Mac OS.. I really hope Kabam owns more than one iPhone X.
    The notch Isn’t new.!!!! The QA/QC processes is like this is a non profit company or Interns running stuff.
    Kabam Please provide a real update here.
    Any word if this can get fixed in the next update?
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    so is there ever going to get fixed. missing specials here
  • OB1KNBEOB1KNBE Posts: 8
    @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious Seriously this is the way the UI still is as of 24.2 please move the buttons toward the middle of the screen like the other apple devices..
  • SwjacxSwjacx Posts: 15
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Special button is way too far to the left and the filter button when trying to filter your champs in arena is literally the very far right corner and it's ridiculously hard to press.
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    Bumping here!
    Upgraded to iphone xs max, game is good but really who tested the ui layout???? its a mess!
    The main problem is the special activation being farrrrr to the left that even aware of this problem it still seems to only work half the time.
    So considering this has been going on from September (wish I knew this problem before buying phone) is there any update to this being fixed or looked at anymore @Kabam Lyra ?
    Plus to any of the others in this post, have you found a workaround to solve this?