**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did Venom really improve?

After the beta, what tier is Venom now considered?

Comments

• FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I’d say he is now worth investing in. Him and Carnage.

Both start spamming buffs as fast as a kid gorges on candy.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If the matchup is good, he kicks butt. If not he suffers. He’s a very either or champion. He slays anyone who gets lots of buffs, has a low health ability, or spider people. Plus he is XL so whenever another node like the ant man challenge node comes around he can be good for that.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Tiers are a social construct, it's based solely on opinion. If you want mine, yes of course he improved, and he is certainly worth investing in. Maybe not a god tier cosmic like Medusa/Hype/Corvus in terms of damage output, but he makes up for it with utility. He is literally the best counter to spiderman's evade. He is also designed to be an iwim killer, thanks to the armor break on his heavy plus true strike/unblockable specials once opponent is in assassins range

I find his heavy armor break to be useless against IMIW because you can pretty much never parry him, and it’s a little tricky to heavy intercept. True strike on the other hand...😏
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Tiers are a social construct, it's based solely on opinion. If you want mine, yes of course he improved, and he is certainly worth investing in. Maybe not a god tier cosmic like Medusa/Hype/Corvus in terms of damage output, but he makes up for it with utility. He is literally the best counter to spiderman's evade. He is also designed to be an iwim killer, thanks to the armor break on his heavy plus true strike/unblockable specials once opponent is in assassins range

I find his heavy armor break to be useless against IMIW because you can pretty much never parry him, and it’s a little tricky to heavy intercept. True strike on the other hand...😏

Heavy countering is the way to fight iron man pretty much. Like it or not you need to learn it cos that is the way to take him down. It helps with venom as he also does Armor breaks. He is obviously the 2nd best iron man iw killer now after corvus I might add.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

Heavy countering is the way to fight iron man pretty much. Like it or not you need to learn it cos that is the way to take him down. It helps with venom as he also does Armor breaks. He is obviously the 2nd best iron man iw killer now after corvus I might add.

Heimdall and Proxima might take issue with that statement.

nah
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

Heimdall and Proxima might take issue with that statement.

That is a general statement about heavy countering. Any champ can defeat iron man if you learn that way of defeating him. Not everyone have proxima or Heimdall. I'm not sure if Heimdall is more attacker or defender. I would think of him as defender more. Also pretty new guys obtained on spending lot of units and money. I'm 99% ftp.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Let’s see… an interesting niche as a Spider Slayer ignoring all 5 of them and being able to annihilate Sparky with extra bonus being he’s also class advanced. Really useful for the just annoying Miles and Classic and definitely awesome for Sym who without Magik or Hawkeye can be downright tedious.

As far as damage goes I’d happily say he’s Drax-level focusing more on crits for more bleeds as combining Precission and Fury plus base line Klyntar buff makes him an efficient champ provided you work for the right buffs and when you fail more than twice rage with the Sp2 acting as a reset and the DAMAGE BUTTON thanks to 22% Fury per Mutation converted up to 7 (8) totaling 154% (176%) (plus his Klynatar) increase to base attack which drastically increases his bleed damage. Because of this I also say he’s better as he’s ranked up as less diminishing returns means more crits and more bleeds.

He’s a MACHINE provided they bleed
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I took mine to 4/55, been subbing him into war as my 3rd wheel depending on matchups. He’s very good against anything that bleeds and a complete savage in the red zone. Anyone that struggles against IWIM should be all over this champ. The Spidey utility is a nice touch and you’ll find that valuable in war periodically.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Also something to note is that Precission is a bit more powerful as the first buff due to it basically doubling your Crit rate and thereby your chances to bleed but if you’re skilled try 2-3 Precission most (top him around 45-60 percent chances to bleed and then combo into fury 4-5 fury.

Overall cruelty is the worst one because it’s sooooo weak compared to Precission and fury but Physical Resistance is almost preferred to Armor as besides a few specials and a VERY limited amount of energy only champs you’re mostly taking physical damage blocking and partying and the physical resistance is stronger than the armor is.

You have your 2 main buffs, the physical resistance, and PLEASE take armor over cruelty if you must as at least that buys protection until either you bleed them out or reset with sp2 and laugh like a mad man.

Also regarding his Sp1… it’s cute but also situational on the enemy having buffs. But when that happens it provides a nice little regen and SUPPOSED TO (currently bugged) to feed random mutations. While how this will effect usage isn’t fully understood as it was launched bugged, it can be assumed that it’ll likely be used to get a stronger Sp2 faster, or it’ll be used as a follow up to Sp2 to keep you alternating between launching huge attacks and preparing the next one while getting a little extra padding to your health bar. Alternatively it could end up as a way to keep Venom healthy after a “good” set up against say Phoenix, Medusa, or any story mode nuisance that loves to buff themselves up
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »

Kids Impale themselves on candy?
  • FR33_HUG5 wrote: »

Kids Impale themselves on candy?

verb
    verb: gorge; 3rd person present: gorges; past tense: gorged; past participle: gorged; gerund or present participle: gorging

eat a large amount greedily; fill oneself with food.

Not sure what you're trying to get at here.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I love the changes, just wish we'd get rank down tickets so I could rank him up
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    he wrecks IMIW, wrecks all spiderverse champs. Wrecks any bleed-prone hero. he wrecks champs who love to add buffs. he's my favorite champ right now. I am able to do so much with him. He does to spiderman and heros what blade does to villans and mystics.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    You don’t really need to do an heavy intercept. You can bait his heavy and when he dash in, you dash forward to make some five hits combo.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I think that he's much improved. I already had him as a r3 5*, but was regretting the choice of ranking him up and never used him. I used him extensively in uncollected EQ this month to try him out and was very impressed.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    After the bug fix, should be B) .

dr1hln0mcnc9.png
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    After the bug fix, should be B) .

dr1hln0mcnc9.png
    hops it only the engimate node he dont buypas

• xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    He is now the best counter to LOL Spidey?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Venom and Carnage both improved vastly, however they will both remain useless in aw next season thanks to the "Developer's Thoughts"
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Venom and Carnage both improved vastly, however they will both remain useless in aw next season thanks to the "Developer's Thoughts"

Carnage will Be Useful because he will still get Power Gain if Armor Break ( He Armor Break is Pretty Powerfull
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

Bro force heavy then do a heavy. Block to force the heavy.