**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question: Why Do Big Announcements Get Posted Late Friday Right Before the Weekend?

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
This is something that I always struggle to see the logic behind... Why do big announcements, like AW season 5 changes, get posted right before the weekend? Surely it would be better and more in the spirit of transparency to post these things mid week so that the mods are actually around to answer questions and address concerns. Instead we get these announcements right before a two day weekend and the mods disappear, all the while hundreds of players are commenting with questions and concerns but we get no answers. On top of that, we rarely see any more replies from the mods after the weekend has ended even thought the announcements thread has clearly exploded. Why is this?

I am not trying to take shots at any of the mods and I know it can be daunting to try to answer some of the questions, but surely continuing to address some of our questions and concerns even after the weekend would be better than the current method of only answering a select few questions before the weekend. We all really appreciate that the team is trying to be more transparent with the community, and it has been great to be able to read the developers thoughts on some of the decisions that have been made recently. However, if the team truly wants to their goal of transparency to be accomplished the mods need to make sure some of our legitimate questions and concerns get addressed.

Currently I don't believe that a very good effort is being put forth to do this and I think this is in part due to the fact that these announcements get posted right before the mods take off for the weekend. This habit of releasing big announcements right before the weekend is starting to feel like commonplace with Kabam and does not send us, the community, a very good message, the reason being as follows.

When an announcement gets posted before the weekend, it is pretty common for it to contain some information that is quite obviously going spark frustration in the community followed by many questions. I am sure the mod and the game team realize this. The problem is that the timing of these posts feels as if they are being released right before the weekend on purpose so that the mods/game team do not have to deal with the whiplash of their post. Whether that is the actual reason or not, it really doesn't matter because that is the message that gets sent to the community. And this message is only "confirmed" even more when the weekend has ended and still we get no answers for many of our legitimate questions.

So here are here are my questions, comments, and suggestions going forward for the mods @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_ .

1: Do the mods read through these large threads and make sure that the game team sees all of our feedback, good and bad?

2: Discussion threads like the one for AW season 5 can be daunting, but it really would be great if the mods could go through and pick out a few legitimate questions and concerns and address them. This would accomplish two thing. First, we would see that the mods are actively reading our comments and working to address them which tells us that all our time and effort to share our feedback with you guys is not going to waste. And second, it further works towards the goal of being more transparent. Communication is a two-way street, and if both parties are not actively communicating with each other, it can hardly be considered transparency.

3: Posting these big announcements right before the weekend is not in the best interest of Kabam or the community. Whether there is ill intent in this or not, it sends a bad message to the community that the mods and game team do not want to deal with the backlash from the community that I'm sure they all know will inevitably come. My suggestion, post these announcements mid-week (Wednesday would be ideal, but even Thursday would be better than Friday) and then take some time to just address the questions and concerns that we all know will come

4: Return to these posts after the weekend and continue to address our questions and concerns. I have scrolled through many pages of the AW season 5 discussion thread and have seen some excellent questions, however, I have no hope of seeing them answered as I know that typical behavior from the mods is to ignore these threads after the weekend. Many players spend a lot of time putting together well thought out comments and questions, but if we don't see the mods actively participating in the discussion then how are we to know that all of the time that we have spent sharing our feedback hasn't gone to waste?

There is much more that could be said on this topic, but for now these are some of the big problems I see with the current method for handling big announcements.

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey wrote: »
    My guess let people vent, then hopefully they accept the bad news and it goes away and no problem needs to be dealt with.

That is the message they send us whether they intend to or not. There is an easy solution to this, I'm just curious why they don't implement it.
  • MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    u answered ur own question in your statement dude.

there will be frustration.
    and there will be outrage.
    over any announcement. no matter what it is. good or bad.

so they give the community time to yell and scream and then calm down. when they come on Monday they can actually deal with the valid concerns all the initial over reaction is gone.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    so they can ignore the outrage and hope its gone away by the time they get back in the office Monday, they now work under the principle if they ignore it, it will go away and its worked the last few months so dont let them off on the recent killing of bleed champs in AW
    so they can ignore the outrage and hope its gone away by the time they get back in the office Monday, they now work under the principle if they ignore it, it will go away and its worked the last few months so dont let them off on recent killing of bleed champs in AW

Later today or tomorrow the thread will mysteriously begin not bumping to the top after replies.....

That is actually one of the most frustrating things to me. I hate it when they do that. It's like them saying, "Yeah, this thread is legitimate, so we can't justify deleting it, but we don't want anyone to see it."
    so they can ignore the outrage and hope its gone away by the time they get back in the office Monday, they now work under the principle if they ignore it, it will go away and its worked the last few months so dont let them off on the recent killing of bleed champs in AW

it certainly feels like that. Whether that is their actual intent it doesn't really matter because they still give that impression.
This discussion has been closed.