Champion Spotlight - Venom the Duck

Venom the Duck enters The Contest October 25th at 10AM PDT!

About Venom the Duck:

An abject abomination crafted from the chaotic energy of the Contest itself and given shape by the monstrosity calling itself the Symbiote Supreme, Venom the Duck shapes its symbiotic mass to strengthen itself and tear its foes apart. Driven by Venom’s bloodlust and controlled by Howard’s intellect and cunning, this aberration of the Contest is a force to be reckoned with.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 17,180
Attack: 1,193
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3,774
With Signature (99): 4,812

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 35,818
Attack: 2,493
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7,916
With Signature (200): 9,859

Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Bleed, Degeneration, Aberration, Toxic Armor

Aberration Effect - Builds from 0% to 100% over time
• When the continuous Aberration effect hits 100% it resets to 0% and a random Symbiote Buff from either category is gained.
• Each non-unique Symbiote Buff beyond the first suffers a stacking -10% Potency penalty. [Example: Symbiote Regen #5 will suffer -40% Potency compared to the first Symbiote Regen Buff].

*** Developer Note: Focusing on a single Buff to store in the RNA Bank will greatly reduce its potency. To get the most bang for your buck, you’re better off locking in multiple types of Buffs throughout the Quest.

Symbiote Buffs - Frenzy Category
• Fury: +775 Attack for 12 seconds.
• Precision: +500 Critical Rating for 12 seconds.
• Power Rate: +50% Power Gain Rate for 12 seconds.

Symbiote Buffs - Survival Category
• Armor Up: +1333 Armor Rating for 12 seconds.
• Regeneration: Recover 1546 Health over 12 seconds.
• Perfect Block: +25% Perfect Block Chance for 12 seconds.

Critical Hits
• 55% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 954 direct damage over 5.5 seconds. If the opponent is Immune to this Bleed, Passive Degeneration is inflicted instead at a -25% damage penalty.

*** Developer Note: A Bleed will only convert into a Passive Degeneration effect if the opponent is naturally bleed immune. If they gain Bleed Immunity from an outside source (such as a Node) it will not convert into a Passive Degeneration effect.

Launch a Special Attack or Land a Heavy Attack
• All Symbiote Buffs are removed and stored in the RNA Bank. 3 Symbiote Buffs may be added to the RNA Bank each fight and up to 10 Buffs may be stored during each Quest. Buffs won’t be removed or stored if the per-Fight or per-Quest limits have been reached.

Fight Start
• All Symbiote Buffs stored in the RNA Bank are activated.

*** Developer Note: Buffs stored in the RNA Bank carry over from one fight to the next within the same quest. You can see the persistent charge icon (bottom right corner of Champion Portrait) to see how many Buffs are currently stored in the RNA Bank.

Special 1: Symbiotic Siphon - Barbed tendrils lash out and rip the opponent’s energy right from their body
• Each strike has a 85% chance to siphon an additional 72 health from the opponent as direct damage and feed it to the Aberration effect, gaining +10% charge.

*** Developer Note: This attack is great for building up the RNA Bank quickly early on in a quest or fight. Once you’re hit the per-Fight or per-Quest limit for the RNA Bank, it is better to switch to using either Special 2 (if they have high armor or shrug off debuffs), or Special 3 to activate the RNA Bank.

Special 2: Caustic Onslaught - A barrage of strikes from all directions followed by a volley of blistering shots leaves Venom the Duck’s foe broiling in their own armor.
• 75% chance to apply a Toxic Armor Buff to the opponent, increasing their Armor by 857 for 15 seconds. Striking an opponent that has Toxic Armor deals up to +90% additional direct damage based on how high the opponent’s Armor is.

Developer Note: Toxic Armor is a unique utility ability since it’s considered a Buff effect, meaning that many Champs will have a hard time removing it or being immune to it. This is a solid ability to increase damage output when fighting highly armored tech champions or skill champions that might shrug off Debuff effects constantly.

Special 3: Ravenous Ambush - Howard lays the bait and Venom consumes the greedy prey that wanders too close.
• This attack does not lock Symbiote Buffs into the RNA Bank but instead activates all Symbiote Buffs locked in the RNA Bank.

*** Developer Note: Using this attack to re-activate all the Buffs in the RNA Bank is only useful if the RNA Bank has been filled prior to activating the attack. Before the Bank has at least 3 Buffs in it, it is usually better to focus on Special 1 or Special 2 attacks.

Signature Ability: Symbiosis Apotheosis
• Twisted mutations grant the Aberration effect 25% charge at the start of the fight, as well as the following Special Attack enhancements:
• +30% siphon damage during Special 1.
• Toxic Armor gains +60% duration.
• 20% Aberration charge is gained after Special 3.

Synergy Bonuses

Genetic Recode - Aggression (Carnage, Venompool)
• +25% chance to activate Frenzy type Symbiote Buffs.

Genetic Recode - Survival (Agent Venom, Spider-Man (Symbiote))
• +25% chance to activate Survival type Symbiote Buffs.

Genetic Recode - Probability (Domino)
• +35% Ability Accuracy during Special Attacks.

Genetic Recode - Regenesis (Groot)
• +15% Regen Symbiote Buff duration.

Genetic Recode - Hive Mind (Venom)
• +40% Aberration charge at the start of each fight.

Genetic Recode - Bloodletting (Blade)
• +18% Bleed Debuff duration.

Genetic Recode - Evolution (Howard the Duck)
• +2% Attack for each Buff in the RNA Bank.

Genetic Recode - Barrier (Symbiote Supreme)
• +15% Nullify and Fate Seal resistance.

*** Developer Notes: Venom the Duck’s synergies are all Solo synergies, meaning they only benefit himself and cannot stack with duplicate copies.

Recommended Masteries

Recovery
• Venom the Duck is able to acquire multiple regeneration Buffs throughout the quest and grabbing Recovery will help keep his hit points high.

Precision
• Venom the Duck’s Bleed and Degeneration are both reliant on causing Critical Hits to activate. Increasing Critical Rating is a good choice to maximize potential damage output.

Strengths
Long Quests: Venom the Duck grows stronger with each fight during the quest. As he builds up Buffs in his RNA Bank, he will begin each fight stronger and stronger. By the end of a long quest, Venom the Duck should have all 10 Buffs stored, which will allow him to quickly work his way through tough enemies and stay alive.
Blind Fights: As Venom the Duck converts his Bleed into Degeneration and has the ability to utilize multiple types of Buffs and effects, he can easily adjust to different types of enemies. Venom the Duck has very few champions that will shut him down completely (outside of the Mystic Class), so bringing him in to a hidden information fight will be safer than with some other Champions.

Weaknesses
Short Fight: Venom the Duck needs time to build up his RNA bank, both in terms of individual fight duration and quest duration. As a result, he doesn’t do as well in fights that are meant to last a short amount of time.

Comments

• Leiva_darkLeiva_dark Posts: 188
    a fighter nerfeado his bleeding during the entire season 5 war hahaha well thought out. and not to mention the recent buff a carnage and venom, will not serve 1 month
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,052
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Oh wow. Nerfed him before he came out with the passive degen-doesn’t-convert-if-it’s-a-node thing....... (Season 5 is gonna be GREAT!!!) 😒

Not really a nerf, all other champs that have "alternatives" to bleed still suffer against node-provided immunity. x23 won't gain cruelty, yondu won't armor break, carnage won't armor break, elektra won't armor break, etc. if the opponent doesn't passively have immunity.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 1,915
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Oh wow. Nerfed him before he came out with the passive degen-doesn’t-convert-if-it’s-a-node thing....... (Season 5 is gonna be GREAT!!!) 😒

Not really a nerf, all other champs that have "alternatives" to bleed still suffer against node-provided immunity. x23 won't gain cruelty, yondu won't armor break, carnage won't armor break, elektra won't armor break, etc. if the opponent doesn't passively have immunity.

I mean, we already knew about the node/natural immunity relationship, but it still kinda sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of having champs that can do that.
  • GodslayerBlayneGodslayerBlayne Posts: 50
    edited October 17
    I wish they would let champs have the immune abilities like VTD’s degen when up against immunity nodes
  • When I fought him in the quest, It wasn't much of a challenge, but this makes it clearer. He sounds really good and looks fun to play. I definitely want him as a four star!
  • I have the symbiotes supreme star 4 and star 3, also have star 3 venom the duck
  • SneadySneady Posts: 1
    I'm just a new kid with skills trying to get in...
  • joannelynjoannelyn Posts: 2
    edited October 21
    This champion is cool men!
  • ikr ok
  • Hey just wanted to ask what size he is for instance omega red is L and king groot is XL
    :)
  • MR_MYSTERY wrote: »
    Hey just wanted to ask what size he is for instance omega red is L and king groot is XL
    :)

i think he will be XL
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 1,650
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    This spotlight has the least amount of comments out of every champ spotlight I've seen
    This spotlight has the least amount of comments out of every champ spotlight I've seen

Probably because this is the least desired champ released to date.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 1,915
    Or people just forgot about him since they’ve only fought him like 10x. I forgot he was a champion for a bit even tho he’s the loading screen. Or people understand him and there’s isn’t any high woah yet cause barely anyone has him.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 1,898
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Probably because this is the least desired champ released to date.

I felt a bit sad when their art director expressed great pride in designing this champ ... smh
  • Need to get arena wins awards
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 579
    VTD might just be the kamala Khan 2.0 everyone is waiting for. A bit of ability from everyone but nothing really to show for... you are either a strong defender, a synergy champ and/ or a strong attacker. VTD is none of the above.
  • I don't know I feel he is more of a Quester vs. War Attack/Defender... I did make a review if you have 15 minutes to kill.

• Yyay! hes ccoming tomorrow
  • How can i get 4 or 5 star crystal shards. I m level 20 still don't have a four star champion.

this is not the place for that, pal.

@Cosmosurfer2000 @MoldyFingers

Join a good alliance and grind arena, try to complete as many EQ as you can, good luck.

P.S
    You may want to jump ship now before you sink any money and time into the game and become lost in the battle realm forever.
  • My early impression on VTD is he'll be a solid champ. I'm out of alphas right now so my Venom the duck is sitting at r1 but what I've seen so far I like. Still have lots of learning to do but seems like an awesome AQ or EQ champ. He definitely has ramp up time so not sure if I would like him for AW attack but he might be alright, lots of considerations for war. His sig looks like it's a nice to have but not necessary to be good like some champs, his sig will let him bank buffs faster. I'm excited to get him to R3 and take him to AQ.
  • i want him so badly but i know i wont get him
  • Kabam with all do respect I could not read this because some was white and orange it was to much on my eyes so please keep the colors a similar tone.