**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Extra quests.

phiguy721phiguy721 Posts: 197
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I'm curious to know if anyone else finds these extra quests to be a waste of time. For instance, both Gwenpool goes to the movies and this month's symbiote difficulty held out the possibility of great rewards (i.e. 5* Killmonger and 5* Domino, respectively). However, if, like me, you called your dupe of Iron Patriot before you even put the 5* featured crystal on the spinner, getting such a result basically confirmed that you shouldn't have even bothered with the event.

I say all that to set up this question: is it better to have harder events that guarantee actually good rewards; or, is it preferable to have easy events that, for many players, end up being completely worthless?

Comments

• Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Gwenpool goes to the movies was awesome, easy quest for massive rewards, even if you duped Iron Patriot you still got 6* shards, which should have made it worth the effort.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    275 6* shards isn't worth that much to me, and it'll only become less worthwhile as time goes on. So, if that's essentially all I'm going to get out of an event, it's not worthwhile to me -- even when it's easy.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    phiguy721 wrote: »
    275 6* shards isn't worth that much to me, and it'll only become less worthwhile as time goes on. So, if that's essentially all I'm going to get out of an event, it's not worthwhile to me -- even when it's easy.

Also half a T2a, 2500 5* shards, a T4cc, a handful of 4* shards, oh and this thing can be solo’d by a FREE champion that basically turns almost RoL (with absurd attack) into a joke.
    So consider the free 1 and a quarter 5* (Heroic-UC only has 1 between them all) and an entire HALF a T2a (UC only gives a third) as a bonus if you know how to use enhancements…
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Again, 5* shards and crystals are worthless if all they lead to is dupes of crappy champs.

T2A shards are nice, but they're already becoming devalued by an increasing number of ways to gain them.

Also, regardless of how the event is made easy, it doesn't change the fact that the rewards aren't that impressive unless you get the right kind of luck, which I suspect many veteran players don't. So, in the end, it's good that the rewards are commensurate with the level of difficulty. However, having easy events that produce mediocre rewards is not necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    Biggyboy660Biggyboy660 Posts: 32
    To me..... It sounds like your not happy with the luck your having as far as getting good champs to drop as dupes. We all suffer through it man and nothing is going to change with that. I hate it when I save up to pop some crystals and I keep telling the darn RNG God's that if it's a dupe make it a good dupe. It's very rare that I am able to pull a good champ dupe. I would have better luck catching a leprechaun. It sux for us all
  • Options
    Issues with RNG are a completely different can of worms that I won't go into here. What I'm talking about is, instead of veterans wasting time on an easy quest that ends with terrible rewards -- whether due to RNG or not -- give us something with at least a decent chance at good rewards, even if it ups the difficulty.

For instance, give us a generic 5* awakening gem; or, at the least, give us a 5* awakening gem crystal because, even if you get a gem you don't need at the moment, the chances are better that you'll eventually get a champ worthy of it than that the myriad champs that aren't that good will be buffed.

Here's another idea: make the prize a crystal that gives you one of the top five champs from each class. So, even if you're going for, say, Domino, but you end up with a SL dupe, you're not tempted to quit the game because it's ceased to be enjoyable; and/or because you're tired of the predictably terrible RNG you're going to get as a veteran player. That would give enough incentive to take on difficult content for everyone.
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    I'm curious to know if anyone else finds these extra quests to be a waste of time. For instance, both Gwenpool goes to the movies and this month's symbiote difficulty held out the possibility of great rewards (i.e. 5* Killmonger and 5* Domino, respectively). However, if, like me, you called your dupe of Iron Patriot before you even put the 5* featured crystal on the spinner, getting such a result basically confirmed that you shouldn't have even bothered with the event.

I say all that to set up this question: is it better to have harder events that guarantee actually good rewards; or, is it preferable to have easy events that, for many players, end up being completely worthless?

I must have missed that GGthM gave guaranteed 5* Killmonger and this month quest had guaranteed 5* Domino?

Or do you cry that you only pulled great champions 2/3 times?

Or did you call duped IP before you got said champions?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »

I must have missed that GGthM gave guaranteed 5* Killmonger and this month quest had guaranteed 5* Domino?

Or do you cry that you only pulled great champions 2/3 times?

Or did you call duped IP before you got said champions?

I think you need to reread the post.
  • Options
    You missed the part where I said "the possibility of great rewards" and listed KM and Domino as examples.

I can't remember the last time I pulled a great champ via event rewards.

I told my friend before I opened the crystal, "watch this, I'm going to pull IP or Miles Morales because I've already got them duped", and I was correct.
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Sorry for misunderstanding your rant.

But RNG=RNG=RNG

You now say you called 2/24

If you got Domino, were you going to make this post and throw glory to Kabam for giving you the Domino without having to spend anything?
  • Options
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Dude what exactly are you complaining about? I pulled colossus and just like me you knew that was a risk. You where obviously willing to take it like anyone else who choose of their own will to do it. You cant come on here everytime you dont pull what you wanted and complain

You've thoroughly misunderstood my post. Here's the question to answer: is it better to have harder quests with good rewards guaranteed; or, is it better to have easier quests where the rewards are all but guaranteed to be garbage?
  • Options
    NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

Maybe don't do the quest ?
  • Options
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »
    Sorry for misunderstanding your rant.

But RNG=RNG=RNG

You now say you called 2/24

If you got Domino, were you going to make this post and throw glory to Kabam for giving you the Domino without having to spend anything?

You've also thoroughly misunderstood my post. It isn't about wasting my time on getting a garbage reward that I expected to get when I started the quest. It's about whether or not other veterans like me are considering no longer wasting time on easy events that result in useless rewards; and, would prefer to have harder content that would result in better guaranteed rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Namelez wrote: »

Maybe don't do the quest ?

That's precisely the question I'm posing to myself and other veterans: is it even worth it to keep doing events like these; and, if so, why?

For, at the moment, I'm leaning toward not doing them in the future, but I'm willing to entertain any argument from a veteran as to why they would keep doing them.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I do it for the chance. And that’s exactly why Kabam does that. They manipulate you into thinking “maybe this time I’ll get something good.” They capitalize on that gambling itch, that compulsion. If nothing else I at least got T2A frags, some more 5* shards, and a T4CC.
  • Options
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I do it for the chance. And that’s exactly why Kabam does that. They manipulate you into thinking “maybe this time I’ll get something good.” They capitalize on that gambling itch, that compulsion. If nothing else I at least got T2A frags, some more 5* shards, and a T4CC.

I can totally agree that they're seeking to capitalize on compulsive behavior. However, I'd argue that these quests are getting to the point where the rewards are too paltry to even trick myself into believing that they're worth the effort to get. After all, T2A shards are fine, but 5* shards have become as meaningless as 4* shards because they rarely ever produce champs worth having. Though, I think that's a feature of being a veteran of this game, rather than a bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree here. Ran the event, assumed id pull yet another **** champ and a cat of a class I dont need and here we are with IP and my 10th tech cat. I wish I'd not even bothered to be honest with you.

Indeed. I can't remember who said it, but one of the YouTubers pointed out that a lot of the deals Kabam are bringing out are geared toward newer players because many vets have reached a point where they're quitting because of burning out due to a lack of interesting content and an inability to pull good champs.

I'm thinking that the introduction of these kinds of quests is another step in that direction.