**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

New champs are no longer exciting for mid tier players

DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
At the point in the game where everything is complete and there is no steady way to get rank up materials. Just being able to take champs to rank 3 in 5* isn't really exciting and aw rewards are weak unless you want to spend to be in platinum tier alliances. Glory let's you buy shards of t2a but it takes months to get the 4 you need to rank up a 5* even adding in the eq shards. If the game doesn't supply a more reasonable way to attain t2a then what is the point in continuing to play. Accounts are becoming stagnant and people are begging for rank down tickets because the t2a shortage has left no other real option for players to gain the resources to rank up new champs. This is just my opinion and I'd love to hear from others what they feel about the current state of the game.

Comments

• TeezezTeezez Posts: 26
    I'm with OP. I'm sitting on 9 t2a and will r5 my first couple of 5* champs in the next month or two. After that, I will have this huge glut of 5* r3 champs that are arena fodder with no great way to get them ranked up until...I have no idea when.
    I have more than enough t4b and t4cc but the t2a shortage is real, at least for those who don't run multiple map 6's in AQ. Maybe we will get lucky and act 6 will be here early 2019 with a bounty of t2a available with every chapter
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 314
    Fully agree with "DSHU", another point is that u don't get a chance to learn and enjoy figuring out how to use champs, if ur not lucky enough to get the newest champ first week it comes out its old news cause they've got 2 new champs right around the corner, so alot of really good champs get shuffled to the only use in arena roster, not to mention that basically everyone is going for the same 10 or 12 God tier champs. It's a shame they can't tailor champs for different fighting styles, then new champ may be great for way I fight but maybe not for u.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    You also have to realize this is a business and people are are going to pay for the champs it takes to stay on top and get those big rewards or pay for the resources. I've spent for resources to get a big jump up a few times.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    T2 alphas are coming a lot faster now, especially if you can run map 6. It's very annoying that Kabam hasn't reduced the cost of map 6 though despite indicating that the initial cost would be temporary.

There's also Glory that can go towards Frags. It helps, anyway.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Fully agree, i've almost been playing 4 years and I have 1 maxed 5*, 4 soon to be 5 rank 4 5* and 17 stuck at rank 3!! And now we have 6*s !! Kabam have always been tight with resources. To tight and players quit do to frustration. T2 alphas either need making more available or the number needed to rank 4 should go from 4 to 2 and from 6 to 4 for rank 5. I would also say t5 basic shards need to be more available now or certainly by say march next year, as 6*s will become the main focus for top players in 2019
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah hopefully see some act 6 soon, the limited amount of t2a certainly makes it hard to rank up any mid tier champs.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I have the other problem. I have a t2a expiring but no new champ ..

You dont have a single r5 5* then
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I'm going to r5 my first champ (sparky) in the next couple of weeks. That's 6 t2as. I currently have 8 and would love to r4 my void and gp but I think an r5 sparky will benefit me more than 2 r4s. However, it'll be months and months before I'm able to r4 void, let alone gp. Definitely need more access to t2as.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    This is the reason I didn't buy the bloodletting Crystals eve though I had the cash
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I agree that the way things are right now makes it not very exciting to pull good new champs that I should be excited about. I've actually had a pretty good stretch of crystal luck for once and I get excited when I first pull them until I realize that where I'm at in the game, I have no use for them unless they're at least r4. Sure, t2a's are easier to get these days, but you still have to be careful about using them so that you'll have enough for r5 when you get the t5b catalysts.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    I have the other problem. I have a t2a expiring but no new champ ..

You dont have a single r5 5* then

I have 2 r5 5* and 5 r4 5*
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    The problem is not access to t2a if you play at the right level. Aq gives tons of t2a, in top 30 you are looking at best part of 1 a week. Before you get lucky on map 6 crystals.

You can’t get the basic faster enough to use them.

As with any game there always have to be levels. You can’t give place 500 the same shards as place 1, so U set rewards for top and then scale downwards accordingly.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Yes you can buy them with glory and get them from map 6 but glory takes a month or more for an average player to get a t2a and map 6 is for guys who want to live in the game. For your casual mid level player once you have beat all available content you are at a standstill. Not everyone wants to live in the game and fight for platinum tier aw rewards. I'm also not saying that t2a should be handed out freely. I'm suggesting making them more available whether through EQ rewards or arena (make it 1 per arena like alpha was with a 2-3mil cutoff) but they need to do something more to grant rank up resources. Every week you see more guys retiring and dropping into low stress alliances. Where do you think to find replacements for the guys who burn out from the constant grind. The mid tier players are where you would pull from to get those replacements. If t2a were more available you might actually see a resurgence of interest from semi retired players. Again just my opinion and I'm sure someone will flag this post just for the sake of flagging
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I agree with everything expressed in this thread. The game isn't fun unless 1) We are pulling new champs, or 2) We are able to rank up our champs. The limited supply of t2a available means that we have to be far too selective on who we rank up. Combined with bad luck in the 5* crystal, it makes this game almost no fun at all. The only thing that keeps me going is playing with the guys from my alliance.

I would love to be able to rank up a champ solely because I enjoy playing with them. Unfortunately the competitiveness of this game is so high that most of the time we are forced to rank up the champs that can perform at that level of play rather than the ones that we might enjoy playing with the most.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    If more where available people
    Would just moan and ask for more shards to get better champs.

Got to be balance and I think it is about right at minute.

And if you don’t want to run map 6 then can’t moan at not getting better rewards
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Monk1 wrote: »
    If more where available people
    Would just moan and ask for more shards to get better champs.

Got to be balance and I think it is about right at minute.

And if you don’t want to run map 6 then can’t moan at not getting better rewards

Yes as stated you can run map 6 or push for a platinum tier aw alliance. They are available there. Not asking for free rewards simply suggesting other fun ways of obtaining them. Not everyone wants to live on the game. I've done map 6 and it's not that hard it's just a time drain. People keep asking for rank down tickets in higher tier aw alliances and they are running map 6. If there were more ways to obtain t2a it would negate the need to request rdt. It shouldn't be a handout but there should be ways outside of aw and aq to obtain ranking materials as well. Not hearing any moaning for better rewards just discussing why mid tier players aren't as excited about the game anymore. It has also made aw very boring since you cant really rank and change your defense very often with the current meta of the game. I'm glad you enjoy map 6 but many have grown tired of the constant grind of aq and aw. That doesn't mean we don't want to still enjoy the excitement of the game we just don't want to constantly be on line. There should be a balance between life and game and it should not make your account stagnate because you don't want to login every hour