Options

Game down?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    We put the game back up for one OS at a time. Right now, we've brought iOS out of Maintenance, and will have Android up momentarily when we're sure that this isn't going to cause any more issues.

You are stating Kabam purposely isn't letting Droid users log in right now?

I'm on android also We are also in the middle of a AW and AQ but you gotta let the developers Work out any problems They really do try their best you can't just get mad for a Emergency Maintenance they are Huemans also they make mistakes but like Thawnim said they have to test on all android devices to make sure we can get back in the fight And good luck with your AW and AQ I hope you win and have a good day
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »
    We put the game back up for one OS at a time. Right now, we've brought iOS out of Maintenance, and will have Android up momentarily when we're sure that this isn't going to cause any more issues.

The problem is they have to test multiple versions for android. Imagine all the different devices that use android and all the different versions of android out there for those devices. Implementing a fix has to work for all of them or else it is back to square one again. Try and be patient.

Droid may be on different devices.. but its one flat platform (IE like windows)... that excuse isn't valid.

It's one platform but it will operate differently based on the version of the software. And if you do not think that is true try playing on two different devices. But okay, let's test your theory. What software version of android does your device use? If it is different than mine I bet the game has to account for that.

Mine is 7.1.2

Mine is 5.1.1
  • Options
    BoatdudeBoatdude Posts: 11
    If it was like the tuesday night notification wuth time to plan ahead, I'd understand, but "emergency maintenance" doesnt allow for schedule adjustment. So we android users are screwed. Also, it's pretty funny when an Apple user says you just need to sit down and shut up and be patient when his game isn't inaccessible. Yeah next time I think for Equity sake Kabam needs to let the Android users on first and then let that Apple users on. So then it will be fair switch one than the other than back.
  • Options

The problem is they have to test multiple versions for android. Imagine all the different devices that use android and all the different versions of android out there for those devices. Implementing a fix has to work for all of them or else it is back to square one again. Try and be patient.

Droid may be on different devices.. but its one flat platform (IE like windows)... that excuse isn't valid.

It's one platform but it will operate differently based on the version of the software. And if you do not think that is true try playing on two different devices. But okay, let's test your theory. What software version of android does your device use? If it is different than mine I bet the game has to account for that.

I believe there are 10 versions of IOS if im not mistaken.. again.. not a valid excuse lol. I've defended Kabam in the past (and miike I don't blame you as I know you are just a rep) but this one has my blood boiling... they literally locked out 70% of the players in favor of one group over the other. I know it was just a few minutes. but this is total BS. If they were testing they should have kept everyone locked until 100% sure.

Anything below version 10 of iOS is no longer supported. Your logic is faulty again. Sorry!
  • Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited July 2017

I'm on android also We are also in the middle of a AW and AQ but you gotta let the developers Work out any problems They really do try their best you can't just get mad for a Emergency Maintenance they are Huemans also they make mistakes but like Thawnim said they have to test on all android devices to make sure we can get back in the fight And good luck with your AW and AQ I hope you win and have a good day

I 100% agree with this.... what's pissing me off is they didn't work out their issues here... they prioritized IOS and allowed those users to go back live... they then fixed droid 10-15min later. They should have fixed all issues 100% and let everyone back in at the same time.
  • Options

Mine is 7.1.2

I do not know my version.. but I use a galaxy s8 so I assume its the most recent patched version of the latest droid platform.... again this is irrelevant as IOS also has versions 7.1.1 8.1.2 9.1.3 10.0 etc etc
  • Options

Mine is 7.1.2

I do not know my version.. but I use a galaxy s8 so I assume its the most recent patched version of the latest droid platform.... again this is irrelevant as IOS also has versions 7.1.1 8.1.2 9.1.3 10.0 etc etc

THEY ONLY SUPPORT version 10 and above. Your argument is garbage at this point.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Mine is 7.1.2

so people using an Iphone 5 or earlier cannot play MCOC? This is also irrelevant to the larger point.. they fixed IOS and allowed those users to go back live while continuing to lock out droid users.. giving anyone with IOS an advantage in arena.
  • Options

Mine is 7.1.2

so people using an Iphone 5 or earlier cannot play MCOC?

I used to play on an iPad 2 that cannot be updated to version 10. I can log in but I get the message "this device is no longer supported." So, if iPhone 5 uses version 9 of IOS then I imagine they get the same message and the same crashing that inevitably led to me changing devices.
  • Options

Mine is 7.1.2

I used to play on an iPad 2 that cannot be updated to version 10. I can log in but I get the message "this device is no longer supported." So, if iPhone 5 uses version 9 of IOS then I imagine they get the same message and the same crashing that inevitably led to me changing devices.

I have a buddy still using an iphone5S so I don't believe this statement is true.. it might have been your device though... please see my edit though.. this is irrelevant to the larger issue.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Mine is 7.1.2

I have a buddy still using an iphone5S so I don't believe this statement is true.. it might have been your device though... please see my edit though.. this is irrelevant to the larger issue.

Just give it up. Your logic and your argument are wrong. It is something neither one of us understands since the coding and programming of this game are out of our hands and out of our control.
    And it is not irrelevant to the larger issue because your assumption was faulty to begin with.
  • Options

Mine is 7.1.2

Just give it up. Your logic and your argument are wrong. It is something neither one of us understands since the coding and programming of this game are out of our hands and out of our control.
    And it is not irrelevant to the larger issue because your assumption was faulty to begin with.

If I say "give it up.. your shirt makes no sense" would that logic work too? haha.. the point is they prioritized and fixed IOS while delaying Droid.. they let IOS users go back live while purposely locking out Droid users.... I don't care how or why they had to fix things.. I care about the timing and access they gave....

ONCE AGAIN... if they knew there would be a delay.. they should have left all users locked out until 100% ready to go. allowing one group a head start screwed over every single person grinding arena right now.. including myself. Had they left IOS locked out until Droid was able to go live as well.. this post wouldn't even exist. Does that make more sense for you now? I only had to say it 5 times lol
  • Options
    It makes sense. But the continuous argument when you were wrong about the complexities of android over IOS is what drives me to keep this issue going. You were wrong, I have proven that. So, instead of admitting defeat and returning to the game I am forced to sit here and continue to prove you wrong. Sorry.
  • Options
    Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Posts: 8,257
    Alright guys, this post is going way off topic now, so I'll be closing it down. Before I do, I'm going to copy and paste a response we gave on this exact topic in another thread.

While we understand your frustration, this isn't an act of favoritism. When coming out of a maintenance, we can't allow 100% of our user base back into the game at once, as this would risk destabilizing the game once again due to the heavy strain this would put on the servers.

We don't prioritize one OS over the other, and attempt to have the other follow up coming out of maintenance as soon as we can after the other. We would like to be able to bring both up again at once, but that's not safe without risking bringing the game down for an even longer period of time.
This discussion has been closed.