**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Struggling to find Map 5x5 Alliance due to prestige

Greetings. I'd like to believe I'm fairly knowledgeable on certain aspects of the game, being an intermediate player. I however struggle to understand the great importance of prestige when recruiting for Map 5x5. My prestige is 4700 but many alliances seek 5500/6000+ prestige. I read that prestige alone determines potential score but I don't understand how. I can handle Map 5x5 but my prestige has lead to rejections. Please help me understand why prestige is of such great importance, seemingly moreso than skill?

Comments

• Options
    Venom787Venom787 Posts: 195
    Higher individual prestige = higher alliance's prestige = more points in AQ = better rewards
  • Options
    Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
    Venom787 wrote: »
    Higher individual prestige = higher alliance's prestige = more points in AQ = better rewards

Thank you.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    The strength of the opponents in AQ are also determined by the alliance's prestige, which is what what actually leads to the higher points. There are alliances out there that value skill much more than prestige alone, but unfortunately, prestige is usually at least a small factor due to the way it affects AQ scoring potential.
  • Options
    Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    The strength of the opponents in AQ are also determined by the alliance's prestige, which is what what actually leads to the higher points. There are alliances out there that value skill much more than prestige alone, but unfortunately, prestige is usually at least a small factor due to the way it affects AQ scoring potential.

Thank you.
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    Whats your in game name?
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    I was in a similar position back in May, managed to find an ally that wasn't too fussed about prestige. Managed to convince them with gameplay vids and showing how much I have progressed in the short amount of time id been playing.

Might help but if not, there are a few non competitive ally out there, just gotta keep looking.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Greetings. I'd like to believe I'm fairly knowledgeable on certain aspects of the game, being an intermediate player. I however struggle to understand the great importance of prestige when recruiting for Map 5x5. My prestige is 4700 but many alliances seek 5500/6000+ prestige. I read that prestige alone determines potential score but I don't understand how. I can handle Map 5x5 but my prestige has lead to rejections. Please help me understand why prestige is of such great importance, seemingly moreso than skill?

Thing is if your prestige is 4700 and the alliance you seek have 5500 starting prestige then it will go up pretty high by day 5 to almost 8k and even more. You might think that you can handle map 5 well but on day 4 and day 5 you will really find it difficult and then need to use items. So basically all alliances try to fit in guys who match their prestige in general. And more prestige more points per fight and more overall score.