Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

What did you think of the October Event overall?

SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Consider the following:
Event Quest (Symbiote mode too)
Summoned Symbioid
Monthly Calender
Symbiote Supreme and Venom the Duck
Occult Labs

Feel free to elaborate about your choice of rating, and what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy, and keep it constructive!

aj6sbu4aigeo.png

What did you think of the October Event overall? 153 votes

2%
Tthunder2058FingfangfoomfanesAb_SamadBuddyGuyFriend 4 votes
1%
Spity68Wsm10 2 votes
6%
A_Noob_Is1belli300FlareDogeMidknight007Chancellor_HawkIron_SkywalkerJeramy6815JayCeeTomstar124JoBoB1982 10 votes
17%
ThatweirdguyBrainimpactergatra_hpadqqedfyvrrifle100StucatGreifmaster911Jdub1250Hit_me_TwiceBobomanBirdReynoldsAustin555555BlackFreQuencyXxLoganTDCxXAleorV1PER1987The_Boss9Colinwhitworth69WelderofortuneRhysi0_ 27 votes
38%
ArcDeAngelusRagamugginGunnerCarmel1MhykkeNikoBravoPlanc2007MkhLvernon15captaincushManChildHammerbro_64KamalaWantsToPlayTooFighter092Tasty_Yum_YumsDuke_SilverWorknprogressSlayerOfGodsCrazyjack719DingaloEfflux1990 59 votes
33%
GroundedWisdomdanielmathBadroseLeNoirFaineantSwe_wolfisTimone147Erza_ScarletJamesMOneManArmyAxeCopFireBENJI830SpeedbumpSungjVuDahDOKTOROKTOPUSSavio444SpiderCoolsCrimsontide1616axelelf_1harerabbit99 51 votes

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I knocked 2 stars off for Venom the Duck. Thanks for the reminder.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    The only I don't like is that we dont get to keep our Symbioid, at least when he's really weak.
  • StucatStucat Posts: 20
    I took points off because labs are a pain at times, venom the duck, and at the end of the month they will take our syms away. That being said the stars I gave are for how utterly entertaining @chunkyb 's story has been on the forums this month. Oh and Symbiote difficulty was pretty cool too.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 769 ★★★
    Rewards wise, it was pretty good. New champions wise, dumb. Sym. Supreme is pretty cool, but venom the duck is probably just kabam getting high lol. Would’ve liked to see riot or venom from the new movie
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 479 ★★
    Nothing has beat just yet, the 10 years of Marvel, but this was a decent month
  • Tomstar124Tomstar124 Posts: 144
    edited November 2018
    Better for more progresses players imo
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 301 ★★
    Fantastic! Was able to pull 6k T5 basic shards! Thanks for a great event kabam!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,077 ★★★★★
    Wish we could keep the Sym and didn't have any use for the calendar but the Sym/Sym difficulty and the lab were fantastic.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 958 ★★
    Summoned sym was awesome. Venom the duck and sym supreme are cool characters as far as animations go. Overall, good additions this month.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 674 ★★
    It was meh
  • OneManArmyOneManArmy Posts: 1,982 ★★★★
    Labs have been amazing. And with the added symbiote difficulty its been a blast for me. Got some great rewards. Been loving my little sym buddy and think im gonna try and hide or run away with him so kabam cant reach him
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 439 ★★★
    Monthly EQ was superb. Didn't really like Labs.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 545 ★★★
    EQ and Symbiote were really good, the calendars were pretty decent but I loathed the Occult Labs honestly. Was unable to beat Epic ones and Master labs were doable but rewards just weren’t worth the effort

Champs, mich like the rest of the year, were on point
    Sym difficulty was superb, a really big step forward in terms of game design, it really made end level content more accessible to mid range players. And as a rather newish player myself(less than 1 year) , I felt it gave a similar feeling as a global event in an MMORPG. Yes there are content beyond my abilities but I was a part of most of it and the fact that you needed tactical use of Strands placed less of an emphasis on roster depth and length of play time. It really felt like a QUEST as opposed to a rewards grind.

I liked Occult Labs, zero energy repeatable quests with decent rewards, whats not to like?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,770 ★★★★★
    Very great event, just with the lab rewards were a bit better and you couldn’t get 4 korgs (which I’m 100% is real because it happened to me) and also golden symbioid wasn’t there
  • Wakanda4Ever278Wakanda4Ever278 Posts: 1,013 ★★★
    I was alright with it. The only gripes were that there was no authentic Halloween calendar, and I just wasn't a fan of the Labs. Other than that, pretty good month!
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    Great event. Didn't enjoy the rng based rewards of the labs tho
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 2,290 ★★★★
    The only I don't like is that we dont get to keep our Symbioid, at least when he's really weak.

Why would anyone want to keep a weakened symbioid.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    Took off 2 stars because labs are easily my least favorite special event, and this time a lot of the nodes didn’t work properly. Otherwise it’s been a great month. The whole symbiote event was a lot of fun.
  • Pedrof6Pedrof6 Posts: 43
    Lvernon15 wrote: »
    Very great event, just with the lab rewards were a bit better and you couldn’t get 4 korgs (which I’m 100% is real because it happened to me) and also golden symbioid wasn’t there

Did you beat that lab?
    I actually enjoyed this month's event more than any since starting the game.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 642 ★★★
    MrBanks wrote: »
    Rewards wise, it was pretty good. New champions wise, dumb. Sym. Supreme is pretty cool, but venom the duck is probably just kabam getting high lol. Would’ve liked to see riot or venom from the new movie

I think you’re high. Do you even have VTD? I was lucky and got a 5* VTD out of just one FGMC and he’s by far the most fun character to play with. Oh and he’s pretty good to. Considering R4-ing him. Maybe one day you’ll get him and you’ll realize how high you were for that comment lol
    Smash wrote: »

I think you’re high. Do you even have VTD? I was lucky and got a 5* VTD out of just one FGMC and he’s by far the most fun character to play with. Oh and he’s pretty good to. Considering R4-ing him. Maybe one day you’ll get him and you’ll realize how high you were for that comment lol

I believe he was referring to the concept of VTD.

VTD's abilities could have easily been transferred to a more wanted symbiote such as Toxin, Hybrid, Riot, Scream, Agony, Phage, Lasher or even Anti-Venom.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 595 ★★★
    Awesome events, too bad all I got was old trash champs.
    Smash wrote: »

I believe he was referring to the concept of VTD.

VTD's abilities could have easily been transferred to a more wanted symbiote such as Toxin, Hybrid, Riot, Scream, Agony, Phage, Lasher or even Anti-Venom.

Must’ve missed that. All he said about VTD was “kabam getting high” lol
    But ya I would’ve liked to see those champs as well but that shouldn’t take anything away from VTD
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 1,550 ★★★
    All in all pretty great month, only thing that disappointed me was Venom the Duck and not giving us a different Title depending on our Symbioid's Rank when we send them on their way at the end of the Event.

On Venom the Duck, design actually looked pretty interesting and clearly had a lot of time and detail put into him in the Loading Screen Art and early reveal Photos, but ingame he just looked really plain and lackluster, didn't preform very well gameplay wise either, also I personally just don't like Howard the Duck, wondering if he would have done better as Venom the Raccoon (Rocket Raccoon instead of Howard), and lastly I was really expecting Anti Venom or Riot who I would have preferred.