**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Starting AQ an hour earlier.

mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
This week has been great in terms of the AQ start times for just about everyone. We had people on the other side of the world for the first time ever starting AQ right away because they were still awake. No longer did we have to wait for those people to join later into AQ. We still finish about the same time as we always did, but the flow and the communication was a lot better i thought. We don't need hour timers, nor do we need to increase the cap on energy.

Since I can't see any way that this would hurt someone, I'm trying to get thoughts on it. We should ask Kabam to push it an hour ahead on a permanent basis if that's a good consensus.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It's because of the time shift. You would have to shift it every year.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I know why @GroundedWisdom it was implemented this week just want to implement it permanently. Start AQ at 2pm EST as opposed to 3pm est
    They didn't implement anything. The time went back.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

OP is asking that next daylight savings time AQ doesn’t shift
    Smash wrote: »

OP is asking that next daylight savings time AQ doesn’t shift

What I'm saying is they didn't change anything. That would require them to adjust it every year, and it doesn't always sync up with the time shift. Seems more problematic than beneficial.
  • So initial AQ starting time this past sunday was actually 2pm EST (instead of normal 3pm) ?? I didn't notice the difference until starting the last day when I looked at how much overall time was left. WHY did it start at 2pm ?? You'll probably say something about DST, blah, blah, but DSt change was BEFORE the whole AQ series started. DSt change had alredy taken place in GMT and rest of Europe, had already taken place in Eastern U.S., as well as Western U.S (which I believe Kabam servers reside)., also Hawaii, as well as all the way west to the actual intl. date line (for those countries who follow the U.S. as to which day it falls on).
    ---- So, Sunday afternoon at 3pm Eastern Time (which is 3pm no matter how you cut it) is when AQ should have started. I could maybe see timing issues with ending time if an AQ Series had spanned across the DST change, but it DID NOT in this case. Unless officers had "happened to see" that AQ suddenly was available at 2pm Sunday, their alliance basically lost an hours worth of AQ time for their 5th day.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

Gw ..I'm.asking that they start it at 2pm EST not at 3pm. That's the actual time it started with the time change. You're reading far to into it bud. I know what you're saying and you're taking it too far. Just comment on your alliance's experience with the hour difference that is if you experienced it at all.

For me, my battlegroup had a lot more fun interacting with each other and was a much better experience.

Im sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

mum_m2 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

Gw ..I'm.asking that they start it at 2pm EST not at 3pm. That's the actual time it started with the time change. You're reading far to into it bud. I know what you're saying and you're taking it too far. Just comment on your alliance's experience with the hour difference that is if you experienced it at all.

For me, my battlegroup had a lot more fun interacting with each other and was a much better experience.

I get what you're saying and you're free to suggest it, but I'm saying it would require certain factors that I consider unfeasible.
    As for me and my Ally, didn't make a difference at all.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    @GroundedWisdom

I get what you're saying and you're free to suggest it, but I'm saying it would require certain factors that I consider unfeasible.

Unfeasible on what grounds? Personally I couldn't care less when it starts. I want 1/2 hour timers but start time is irrelevant. Nevertheless, why is OP's suggestion unfeasible? The fact that you consider it so may or may not be interesting to some, but it's irrelevant unless you have some actual point that would back that up. Oh wait, my bad. Just reread your post and I see. There are "certain factors" lmao
    @GroundedWisdom

Unfeasible on what grounds? Personally I couldn't care less when it starts. I want 1/2 hour timers but start time is irrelevant. Nevertheless, why is OP's suggestion unfeasible? The fact that you consider it so may or may not be interesting to some, but it's irrelevant unless you have some actual point that would back that up. Oh wait, my bad. Just reread your post and I see. There are "certain factors" lmao

That would require them to set it back every year when the time shifts, and that doesn't always line up with the shift. Thought that was apparent from my comment.
    @GroundedWisdom

That would require them to set it back every year when the time shifts, and that doesn't always line up with the shift. Thought that was apparent from my comment.

Lmfao so the “certain factors” which are “unfeasible” are that they would have to adjust the time once a year? How is that unfeasible, and if that’s all it is, and you already stated it, where do the “certain factors” come in?
    edited November 2018
    Those were the factors I was talking about. Anything else I can clarify?
    Those were the factors I was talking about. Anything else I can clarify?

It’s just that people don’t usually throw out the “it can’t be done because of certain factors” card when the certain factors are some small thing they already explained...