**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would like to request a refund on my rank up gem

wnitrz1chxa6.jpg

In my 4-5 rank gem I received the gem I already had 2 r5's in. I think the gem should be generic, not sure why we still leave some of the most impactful rewards to luck and chance.

Comments

• Options
    KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    Well, that really won't work. You are getting the same as everyone else here

I'm joking with the refund part, but it really shouldn't be random. Was quite a bit of effort to get it done, so a generic would make more sense. And of course there is nothing more frustrating getting back luck after a long grind :P

Long grind lmao. You do know this event here to stay not kabam fault you rushed it and got a useless r4 to r5 gem lol
  • Options
    Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 68
    Show your two R5 and the gem
  • Options
    Kirklin wrote: »

I'm joking with the refund part, but it really shouldn't be random. Was quite a bit of effort to get it done, so a generic would make more sense. And of course there is nothing more frustrating getting back luck after a long grind :P

Long grind lmao. You do know this event here to stay not kabam fault you rushed it and got a useless r4 to r5 gem lol
    It's a long grind regardless if you space it out for months or get it done in a day. Not sure why you would favor luck and chance infront of generic.
  • Options
    Kirklin wrote: »

It's a long grind regardless if you space it out for months or get it done in a day. Not sure why you would favor luck and chance infront of generic.

That's not comparing random verses non-random rewards. That's comparing a good reward against a better reward. Of course most people always want more. But random rewards offer a chance at something better than average. Non-random rewards offer the same thing to everyone, and by definition that thing must be just average.

People don't hate random rewards, they hate not getting the best rewards. They think they can eliminate the randomness by just making all rewards awesome. But that's impossible. Alternatively, if all rewards become immutably average, the game gets boring and no one looks forward to rewards, and that kills the game. There's a reason why random rewards are so common, and it isn't because everyone hates them. Everyone *says* they hate them, but then they don't play the games with the average pedantic non-random rewards.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I’ve gotten 4 straight 5* cosmic AGs it’s actually ridiculous and borderline impossible. Based on the multitude of players that have multiple of one class I would say it’s rigged in some way.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I’ve gotten 4 straight 5* cosmic AGs it’s actually ridiculous and borderline impossible. Based on the multitude of players that have multiple of one class I would say it’s rigged in some way.

I've pulled 3 tech in a row but I awakened starlord then ghost now waiting for stark spidey so it isn't so bad. It's in no way borderline impossible, there have been hundreds of thousands of awakening gems opened through the course of this game's existence, hitting a 1/6 chance 4 times in a row is unlucky in this case for sure but definitely in the realm of possibility
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

You say borderline impossible but it's actually a 1/216 chance to pull 4 of the same class in a row.
    Unlucky yes but impossible? certainly not
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    My last 3 5 star ags have all been tech. Used one on imiw, saving other 2
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    TwmR wrote: »

You say borderline impossible but it's actually a 1/216 chance to pull 4 of the same class in a row.

I pulled loki from a 4* crystal 4 times in a row in the past month... Assuming there are 120 champs in the crystal thats approx 1 in 207million.

^that is borderline impossible but hey people still win the american powerball and thats like 1 in some hundreds of millions

Back on topic: the whether the rewards are worth the effort is just subjective. Personally i feel rushing it getting it done all at once they arent worth it. Doing it over time, patiently, not even using units for energy refills I think it is definately worth it.

I will say, there are clear champs that you can have that make this content actually very very easy.
  • Options

I pulled loki from a 4* crystal 4 times in a row in the past month... Assuming there are 120 champs in the crystal thats approx 1 in 207million.

^that is borderline impossible but hey people still win the american powerball and thats like 1 in some hundreds of millions

Back on topic: the whether the rewards are worth the effort is just subjective. Personally i feel rushing it getting it done all at once they arent worth it. Doing it over time, patiently, not even using units for energy refills I think it is definately worth it.

I will say, there are clear champs that you can have that make this content actually very very easy.

While the odds of pulling loki from 4 straight crystals is 1 in 207m you're not bringing it up because it was loki you would be brining it up whichever champ it was so the odds of pulling the same champ 4 times in a row is roughly 1 in 1.7million which while still extremely unlikely doesn't seem quite as ridiculous a thing to happen with the number of players regularly opening 4*s
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Actually pulling Loki 4 times in a row is 1/120 because each crystal is it's own event. But the mods have never explained that before :)
  • Options
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Actually pulling Loki 4 times in a row is 1/120 because each crystal is it's own event. But the mods have never explained that before :)

Yes each crystal is its own event but that does not mean its a 1/120 chance to pull loki 4 times in a row.
    Think if you roll 4 dice, each one is its own event and has a 1/6 chance of landing on a 6 but that does not mean its a 1/6 chance for you to roll 4 6s
  • Options

What are the odds of pulling Loki fifty times in a row?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Yes each crystal is its own event but that does not mean its a 1/120 chance to pull loki 4 times in a row.
    Think if you roll 4 dice, each one is its own event and has a 1/6 chance of landing on a 6 but that does not mean its a 1/6 chance for you to roll 4 6s

Technically, the odds stay the same each roll. 1/120. However, probability is another story. That can be estimated and calculated. Realistically, when it comes to RNG, duplicates are not unheard of. Within 2 weeks, I pulled the 2, 3, and 4* Guillotines.
  • Options

Technically, the odds stay the same each roll. 1/120. However, probability is another story. That can be estimated and calculated. Realistically, when it comes to RNG, duplicates are not unheard of. Within 2 weeks, I pulled the 2, 3, and 4* Guillotines.

I know the odds each roll stay the same thats why i agree each crystal is its own event, I'm pointing out that the probability to pull loki 4 times in a row is definitely not 1/120
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Based on Buttehrs mathematical theory it would be 1/120
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    These gems should all be generics. This would beneficially affect all accounts equally whereas random is just random if the gems could benefit one’s account. I don’t understand why the insistence of random knowing some players have been and will continue to disproportionately negatively affected compared to other players. How is this good for the game?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

According to kabam its 1/120 lol but to us normal folk it seems more like 4 out of 5 lmao.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    These gems should all be generics. This would beneficially affect all accounts equally whereas random is just random if the gems could benefit one’s account. I don’t understand why the insistence of random knowing some players have been and will continue to disproportionately negatively affected compared to other players. How is this good for the game?

Same can be said about hero crystals. I’m done being RNG’s ****.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    damn how you complete is already
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @I_Like_Turtles how many units did it cost not counting energy refills? All good if you don't want to say.
  • Options
    @I_Like_Turtles how many units did it cost not counting energy refills? All good if you don't want to say.

Around 2 odin. I used a ton in chapter 3 due to fatigue.