**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we fix Arenas Please!!!

OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 β˜…β˜…
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
If i spend units in an arena to get another match, i shouldn't get the same match up 4 or 5 times in a row. That's just not fair.

nloow4ph59tf.jpg

j9bgy7o2u8gx.jpg

Every time i spent units for a new match i got the same match up. I made to streak 31 with my lowest 5stars i have. Then i get hit with this. Not happy.

k9r0aaze49tl.jpg

😑 😑 😑

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    With more and more players getting max 5* champs the threshold or safe zone to keep your infinite streak has been moved from using 5* 1/25 to 5* 2/35. At least that’s what I’ve noticed last few months.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Running 3 teams of 1/25 champs is dangerous in arena. Make sure to pepper in some 2/35 champs in there.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 β˜…β˜…
    zqmqscwvn1y8.jpg

This is how every single arena match should look like.... obviously all these matches were easy so adjustments should be made in accordance to their true difficulty. But we should always have an easy, medium and hard to choose from with the hard difficulty awarding more points than the lower difficulties. As it stands, you get the same points from all 3 difficulties. Not that hard of a concept. Keeping your skreak should not be the issue in arenas. Been an issue since day 1 which is why many don't play them. Plus the definitely need to give out more gold and BC with the outrageous cost to run map 6 and you know map 7 will be nuts. Just my rant.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Running 3 teams of 1/25 champs is dangerous in arena. Make sure to pepper in some 2/35 champs in there.

This. One 2/35 champ with two 1/25 champs is usually safe. Two 2/35 champs with one 1/25 champ is always safe.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You need a 4/40 or 2/35 with your 1/25 to avoid the death match.

This. One 2/35 champ with two 1/25 champs is usually safe. Two 2/35 champs with one 1/25 champ is always safe.

Honestly i just start at the top and work my way down on my roster. Always choosing the next consecutive 3 champs. I don't have time to remember at what rank everyone is at. Arenas are very tedious as they are. I always use my whole roster most of the time when i grind for gold and BC. That is the only real reason to do them.
    NOTICE THE UNITS I USED TO GET A DIFFERENT MATCH UP! I USED UNITS 5 TIMES ONLY TO GET THE SAME MATCH UP. SO CHOOSING A NEW MATCH UP IS NOT WORKING!!!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2018
    Honestly i just start at the top and work my way down on my roster. Always choosing the next consecutive 3 champs. I don't have time to remember at what rank everyone is at. Arenas are very tedious as they are. I always use my whole roster most of the time when i grind for gold and BC. That is the only real reason to do them.

I do enough arena to know the ranks of all my 5*s. I also select 5* arena teams based on synergies to boost PI. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to arrange all my 5*s into pairs of 3 that avoid 5* arena death streaks. I consider that time well spent, 5* arena death squads can be intense based on champion and masteries like willpower.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If i spend units in an arena to get another match, i shouldn't get the same match up 4 or 5 times in a row. That's just not fair.

nloow4ph59tf.jpg

j9bgy7o2u8gx.jpg

Every time i spent units for a new match i got the same match up. I made to streak 31 with my lowest 5stars i have. Then i get hit with this. Not happy.

k9r0aaze49tl.jpg

😑 😑 😑

You're hitting Deathmatches because your Total PI is too low. Aim for 10-11k Total PI. You can use 1/25s, but pair them with two stronger Champs to make up the difference.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 β˜…β˜…
    Theres lots of info on how to avoid arena deathmatches.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 β˜…β˜…
    I agree with OP in the sense that the button is misleading. They should just remove it.

At the same time players should learn the algorithms that determine deathmatches or just learn how to beat them ( I get 3 of those every time I play arena and I never lose my streak).
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Honestly don't care about the death matches! If i spend units to find a new match 5 times, then i should get something better!!!

Never spend units to get new matches in arena, that's a complete waste. It's fine if you don't like the infinite streak system and want to change it. But it is what it is in game now, spending units won't change it. You're just wasting your resources.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you’re willing to spend units to get new matches, then you should definitely just put in the extra minimal effort to avoid death matches.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 β˜…β˜…

I do enough arena to know the ranks of all my 5*s. I also select 5* arena teams based on synergies to boost PI. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to arrange all my 5*s into pairs of 3 that avoid 5* arena death streaks. I consider that time well spent, 5* arena death squads can be intense based on champion and masteries like willpower.

This ^

I always run the same teams, and when I pull a new champ, I work them into the rotation.

But I "cheat" and use http://hook.github.io/champions/#/roster to set the basic teams and then modify the suggestion when I rather have some other synergy going, that is either better or plainly easier teams to remember.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I usually do a rank 3, rank 2 and a rank 1 with synergies.
    I've been doing the same teams for so long that I know automatically who to pick when.
    I only change it if I get a new champ that deserves to be ranked up right away which is a rarity
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 β˜…β˜…β˜…

nloow4ph59tf.jpg

j9bgy7o2u8gx.jpg

k9r0aaze49tl.jpg

😑 😑 😑

Bro it did change, there was a clear 2k pi drop between screen 1 match 1 and screen 2 match 2.
    In all seriousness, try the find a new match when it isn't a death match. Tell us how different those are from this. It's "new" match, not "easier."

nloow4ph59tf.jpg

j9bgy7o2u8gx.jpg

k9r0aaze49tl.jpg

😑 😑 😑

Bro it did change, there was a clear 2k pi drop between screen 1 match 1 and screen 2 match 2.
    In all seriousness, try the find a new match when it isn't a death match. Tell us how different those are from this. It's "new" match, not "easier."

That was after 5 tries
  • I see what the problem is. You just started doing arena. If you hadn't you'd know never to spend the units for a new match.

And how hard is it when you get half way through your 5*s to put two of your middle ranked 5*s up then scroll down a couple and grab the lowest 5* you have. Takes 2.34 more seconds than doing next 3.

If you really want max points, streak aside, going next 3 heroes up every time isnt going to do it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

You don't have to remember. After you run through the r3 5*s, take one from the top and two from the bottom. Or two from the top and one from the bottom at first until you get past your very lowest PI 5*s.