**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* R5 or 5* R3?

Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Posts: 113
edited November 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I’m getting close to ranking one or two up. Who should I focus on?
This is my lineup..
Duped: 4* Mephisto 4/40, 4* Hulk (Rag) 4/40, 4* Iceman 4/40, 4* Elektra 4/40, 4* Luke Cage 4/40
Not Duped: 4* Domino 4/40
Not Duped: 5* MODOK 2/35, 5* Wasp 2/35, 5* Bishop 2/35, 5* Ghostrider 2/35

Comments

• Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Posts: 113
    edited November 2018
    Tried to post a pic, but it wouldn’t allow me.
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited November 2018
    What are you currently working on and rest of your roster? Kindof a rule of thumb for me with 4* is rank as needed to get through content if can get by without save the resources for a 5*. Domino is a monster and worthy but needed as 4*? Idk iceman will def make life easier in act 5.
    My next 5 are:
    Duped: 4* Spiderman (Symbiote) 4/40, 4* Mordo 4/40
    Not duped: 4* Thor 4-40, Spider-Man (Classic) 4/40, 5* Star Lord 2/35

I’m using Domino in my War defense lineup.
    edited November 2018
    That doesnt tell me a great deal. Personally if you have not finished act 4 100% id work on that and wait to rank. 5/50 r4 will be a ton of help in act 4 and 5, but resources are scarce so need to make calculated choices. 4* take a lot of basic, t1 a, gold,Etc to rank and at 5/50 thats max they are not going higher. With that said many are incredibly useful, i only have the collector left to 100% act 5. There are 4 4* max champs i would not have wanted to be without iceman being at the top of the list. AA, Hype and Magik are the others. Heres what IMO you need to build a team around for nearly all content.. immunes (you need bleed and poison immune), heavy hitter and power control.. a strong regen is nice but not necessary as where its needed most its not keeping up or working at all. And you will want CB or BLack widow ranked for spiked armor/thorns or someone else to counter the node, same with Masochism.. why i say wait to rank if not needed or a top shelf god tier you just love. Iceman is only one out of the list id just rank without nothing else to go on. Single most useful champ in my roster, Hes almost always on quest team when not in AQ or War. One champ id gladly have two of if i where to ever pull a 5*.
    Thanks for the feedback! I’m in chapter 2 of act 4. I’m working my way through it slowly, and want to become uncollected eventually. I just don’t want to waste the resources that are so hard to come by. I’m in position to rank Iceman soon and one more shortly afterwards as I’m saving up my T4 basic cats and working on my last class cats also. I have a duped Magik also that I’m still building up. I will start to focus on her.
    For where you are id prob recommend modok and GR for now.. Iceman when you have extra resources. Youll want him for Biohazard, Abominations etc, amd hes excellent on team AQ and war for poison bleed nodes/paths. Magik will be situational and any situational fights can be done 4/40. CB/BW exception as full paths are need be cleared with him when becomes issue later. So youll have make a choice if skill isnt there to do with 4/40 to rank or use pots/revives. I ranked CB because enough paths justify it imo (didnt have BW) Modok is a great quester, a heavy hitter and very durable. GR can regen,power drain hits decent, and is bleed immune.. those two will be able clear most paths for you. I should have said also GR i would rank blind as well, very great champ and is 5*.
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the advice.
    edited November 2018
    NP. Its challenging, one hand you want/must rank and build your roster but other hand have to plan for end game. I was fortunate to get in with some high level player so had very little issue with getting through act 5. As only one bad rank up (only because angela was not needed and pulled a 5* soon after) everyone else i use regulary still. Many say wait for 5*, only focus on 5* and is solid beyond a certain point, still need get through content. A new players goal should be get uncollected and get into an alliance that runs AQ 5x5 as soon as possible imo. After that you need shape for war defense and end game content. That means your going to need need some solid 4*s at r5 but you want to do with as few as possible because 5* are a whole lot better investment of your limited resources. Holding a full path with r4’s in war and AQ with a 5x5 ally just isnt going happen late in the week/season. It gets hard to avoid timeing out even with r5 4* on some fights esp KG and minis, not mention you likely wont survive a mistake . An ally that runs map 5x5 is a game changer in getting resources to rank up champs.
    I’m trying to get strong enough with my champs to reach that point. My biggest concern is not making mistakes when I’m ranking them, obviously. Becoming uncollected is a slow process and I have the patience to get there.
    I just scored a 5* Iceman! This may become a game changer for me down the road.
    Nice pull!