**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Aegon the most bs monthly boss fight?

Every month we’ve had champions that were challenging to beat and had clever counters to them (hydra adaptoid, golden symbiote, heimdall)(I did make a post complaining about the hydra adaptoid though lol) that were all doable but hard. Usually I can take down UC difficulty no problem with 5/50 and I thought it would be the same this month. Until I met Aegon. It’s really annoying when kabam tries to make attackers defenders just to screw everyone over. Seatin has a rant about this too and he said that players should never be punished for losing, and that’s true. Aegon become downright impossible if you can’t one shot him. I had a try with AA and got him to 15%. He just swept my whole team after that. He goes unstoppable after his specials and after that forces you to dexterity and trigger his regeneration, or die from block damage. I’ve tried numerous times with both magik (which after they fixed the MD bug is now even more impossible.) and AA, getting them to low health but then dying to this bs. I’ve tried this quest 20 times and still no luck. I just have to say I’m very disappointed in what Kabam did this month. For those of you who don’t agree with me, that’s fine, I hope you’ll consider my points though.

Comments

• MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    No.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Used a 4* Ronan with a power gain team. Kept him stun locked the entire fight.
  • Fishman13579Fishman13579 Posts: 98
    Quake is the answer. She destroys him, even if you die once before using her.
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    No, he was easy. Much harder then him in the past
  • Heikomat2000Heikomat2000 Posts: 11
    I tend to agree with OP, the way he gets stronger during the fight + the buffet node is kind of bs.
    It seems most people rely on AA, so if you don‘t have him you are screwed.
    Regarding quake: in order to pull it off, you need to fight without parry, or you die bc of block dmg, right? - is this possible in that fight?
    With Ronan: I am wondering, how much powergain did you have and which signature level? - I might give that another try..
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    You probably just need to practice shallow evading and intercepting. A few times I had to go in on my 3rd or 4th try when he had 160+ persistent charges and still got him down. Use Archangel to get him as low as you can then when you go in again do an initial parry 5 combo then back off twice and get an intercept while he rushes in and repeat and the rest of your team should be able to him down as long as they aren't champions that gain buffs. I 100% this month and didn't use archangel or magik to get him down
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The most BS ever wasn't even a boss.

I think we all remember her.
  • Bdavis2017Bdavis2017 Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    You must have not played the first month of uncollected... she was so bad Kabam ACTUALLY nerfed her
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    Lol the infamous ice Phoenix. Before there were counters for Cold snap
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I tend to agree with OP, the way he gets stronger during the fight + the buffet node is kind of bs.
    It seems most people rely on AA, so if you don‘t have him you are screwed.
    Regarding quake: in order to pull it off, you need to fight without parry, or you die bc of block dmg, right? - is this possible in that fight?
    With Ronan: I am wondering, how much powergain did you have and which signature level? - I might give that another try..

4*, r5. sig 14. Brought Elektra and two daredevils. Stun locked the entire fight every time.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    First time through he wiped my whole team out. Quit and restarted the lane after reading his node and had no issues with him. This was before the block damage fix. You sometimes have to adapt your fighting style with these nodes to beat them. I used all 4*s and fought with just intercept. The OG vision that started with 2 power bars several eqs ago was way worse than this boss
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Hi I’m Emma Frost, have we met? I have a lot of health and a node that gives me either insane attack or defense, have fun restarting my quest over and over as you try to adapt to my reversed controls
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    He was definitely a challenge but I found practice made perfect. My first couple runs to him I had to restart probably 3/5 tries but in time I found a strategy that worked(lead with domino and if standing finish of with voodoo).

One of the first times in a while in UC that I felt like I needed to be super focused and heavy concentration to for the fight.

It is doable though with a lot of different champs just need to figure out a strategy that works for you.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Quake is the answer. She destroys him, even if you die once before using her.

finally someone else, thank you! quake is by far one of the best counters.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Hi I’m Emma Frost, have we met? I have a lot of health and a node that gives me either insane attack or defense, have fun restarting my quest over and over as you try to adapt to my reversed controls

You should've set your avatar to Emma Frost just for this comment lmao
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    both Argon and the Champion for the The Champion’s Clash are BS
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    both Argon and the Champion for the The Champion’s Clash are BS

Just because you had trouble with them doesn't mean they are BS, plenty of others breezed through them
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    it isn’t based on skill. I’m 2 out of 9 on uncollected aegon. All 7 losses were identical. Game glitches on my my heavy and I lose. The two times I won it didn’t glitch.

What do I mean by glitch? The game stutters and my champ AA just stands there and dies. 7 times. It is what it is. Thx Kabam
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    uhhh... Ice Phoenix.....the hydra adaptoid....
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    The most BS ever wasn't even a boss.

I think we all remember her.

Man she wasnt even bad by todays standards but boy she was nasty back then. Id love to play that eq again now.

Infinity Thanos was bs. That adaptoid from symb event was annoying af too.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    The Infinity War Thanos fights were some of the best designed fights the contest has ever seen. There was no BS there. He could be solo'd with nearly any champ if you were skillful, but he was a challenge for anyone who went in blind. That was a terrific fight and I hope to see more of those.

I have to agree with Ice Phoenix. When I think "BS Fight", I think of unavoidable damage. When you enter a fight with any champ 5/50 or lower and you're dead in the first 20 seconds no matter what you do, that's BS. Kabam recognized their error and scaled her back because even they agreed that it was a "BS Fight".
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    CoBfan1987 wrote: »
    Lol the infamous ice Phoenix. Before there were counters for Cold snap

I FOUND HER EASY