**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Old Champions, New Abilities

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
I am not sure if this topic has been brought up but I know I have been thinking about the older, more popular champions and how they’ve been virtually outclassed in every way by the newer less popular champions. Some iconic champs like Magneto, Thor, Storm, Daredevil, Colossus, and Iron Fist are probably the last choices for any real content (yes I know OG Thor is still decent). So my question is if you revamped some of the older champs, how would you rework them? What current abilities that have been introduced recently makes sense for the older champs to make them relevant again?

I think Magneto having magnetize that works like Blade’s Danger Sense against metal champs makes sense. Reduce ability accuracy and Magneto gets a huge attack boost against them.

OG Thor should definitely get some type of armor shatter and shock mechanic.

Wolverine should definitely gain a critical bleed I my opinion.

How do we make these older iconic champions relevant again?

Comments

• Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    According to leaks, there’s a wave of shock immunity/resistance buffs coming

But if you’re looking for champion reworks and improvements, there is a thread for that!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Oh cool thanks for this.
  • Options
    RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★
    Just do a rebalancing of the older champs. Quick easy fix, nothing special. Perform a graph of the least used 5* champs and then add to their stats:

+5 to 7% crit rate and damage
    +8 to 10% attack
    Baeically add close to a level of stats to them. That should at least put them in line with average used champs.

No synergy fixes. Just a straight stat update.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Just do a rebalancing of the older champs. Quick easy fix, nothing special. Perform a graph of the least used 5* champs and then add to their stats:

+5 to 7% crit rate and damage
    +8 to 10% attack
    Baeically add close to a level of stats to them. That should at least put them in line with average used champs.

No synergy fixes. Just a straight stat update.

Cool story, enter colossus, his abilities are three in total. Armor up, striking or getting hit and an increase in special damage based on armor. Now tell me how a bit more attack and crit makes him viable
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Easy fix for most of the useless champs. Make their armor work. When you face OG Ultron or iwim you can see the difference in damage when they have armor up. Buff the armor on the champs like OG ironman sim IP HB and colossus and at least make them into the tanks they should be. You could deal with the lower damage output and useless special attacks from these champs if they could take a bit more abuse. As far as iron fist who became nearly useless after 12.0 buff his armor break to match thor with a max stack of 3 or something. This would be an easy way to improve a large chunk of the older champs people have been asking for a buff or rework on.

Just a thought since these champs have been hated for a long time. Ps the same armor break idea could be applied to spidergwen