Champion Spotlight - Night Thrasher

edited December 4 in General Discussion
Night Thrasher enters The Contest December 6th at 10AM PST!

About Night Thrasher:
Genius weapons designer and masked vigilante skateboarder, Dwayne Taylor trained himself to peak human perfection before taking on the mantle of Night Thrasher. Forming the New Warriors, Taylor sought to take revenge on the criminal underworld that killed his parents. Night Thrasher was transported to the Battlerealm moments before an explosion claimed the lives of his teammates leaving many to presume him dead. Night Thrasher now fights alongside Earth’s mightiest heroes in the Contest of Champions.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 15660
Attack: 1148
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3755
With Signature (99): 4672

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 31398
Attack: 2301
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7563
With Signature (200): 10160

Character Class: Skill

Base Abilities: Cruelty, Lightning Arc, Disorient, Incinerate

Passive:
• Night Thrasher’s advanced combat suit grants him immunity to Incinerate effects and 667 Physical Resistance.
• +83.3 Critical Damage Rating for each Unique Debuff on his opponent. This ability is not affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction
• Well Timed Blocks and successful Dodges grant 5% of max Power while Night Thrasher is under 1 Bar of Power.

***Developer Note: Night Thrasher’s combat suit allows him to focus on the important aspects of battle and not worry about small nicks and burns. His damage increases considerably when the battle goes his way. Playing optimally, by fully utilizing Parry and dodging incoming attacks, allows him to retaliate at a faster pace than his opponents.

Skateboard Attacks:
• Champions of the Contest never see the skateboard coming. Attacks using the skateboard have True Accuracy ignoring all Evade and Auto-Block effects.

***Developer Note: Skateboard hits occur during Medium Attacks, Heavy Attacks, Special 1 and Special 2. Mastering when to use the skateboard is the key making the most out of Night Thrasher’s Abilities.

On Opponent Knockdown
• Refresh the duration of all active Gadget Debuffs.

***Developer Note: Knockdowns occur after successfully landing a Heavy Attack, Special 1, or Special 2. Knowing when to knock down your opponent will be vital to Night Thrasher’s success. In situations without enough Power to knock the opponent down with a Special then plan to use Heavy Attacks after a successful Parry.

Special 1: Vengeance on a Skateboard - Night Thrasher blindsides his target with skateboard strikes to open them up for a trick gadget shot.

• Night Thrasher uses the Shock Baton to inflict Shock dealing 459.2 Energy Damage over 12 seconds.
• If this attack is activated after striking with a Light Attack, Night Thrasher instead uses the Smoke Capsule Gadget, inflicting Disorient. Disorient reduces Enemy Defensive Ability Accuracy by 50% and lowers the opponent’s Block Proficiency by 50% for 12 seconds.
• If this attack is activated after striking with a Medium Attack, Night Thrasher instead uses the Explosive Gadget inflicting Incinerate, removing Perfect Block Chance, decreasing the opponent’s Block Proficiency by 50% and dealing 459.2 Energy Damage over 12 seconds.

***Developer Note: Utilizing all of the gadgets at Night Thrasher’s disposal is essential. Night Thrasher can execute one of three gadgets if Special 1 is used immediately after ending a combo with a Light or Medium Attack. Executing the shock baton is easier using of Heavy Attacks and Parry so be sure to find opportunities to bypass a turtling defender and nail them with a shock.

Special 2: Pavement to Pain - Night Thrasher launches his skateboard forward; jumps and catches the rebound for a quick boost off his enemy.

• Grants Night Thrasher a Precision Buff increasing Critical Rating by 223 for each Unique Debuff effect on the opponent for 10 seconds.

***Developer Note: Use Special 2 to boost Night Thrasher’s Damage for a short period. The more debuffs on the opponent the deadlier this ability is.

Special 3: Skateboard Warrior - Night Thrasher feints his enemy on his skateboard, mixing up his enemy, and leverages his grappling hook for a devastating drop kick.

• Inflict a Passive Debilitate, extending the duration of all Debuffs by 75% for 45 seconds.

Signature Ability: Board to Death -
Passive

• Heavy Attacks have a 35% chance per active Gadget Debuff to inflict Taunt, reducing the opponent’s Attack by 40% and increasing their Special Attack Activation chance by 70% for 10 seconds.
• Striking a Taunted opponent with Skateboard Attacks grants a permanent Fury Buff, increasing Attack by 229. Max 10 stacks. When Knocked Down these Buffs are lost.
• After being Knocked Down Night Thrasher has a 50% chance to Purify all Debuffs.

***Developer Note: Players can use Heavy Attacks to inflict a Taunt once the opponent has been peppered with enough of Night Thrasher’s gadgets. Maximizing Night Thrasher’s damage comes from taking advantage of his skateboard attacks while his opponent is Taunted. Players can also expect Night Thrasher to have a tough mental psyche with the ability shrug off Debuffs after being Knocked Down.

Synergy Bonuses

Midnight Pursuit - Unique Synergy
• Night Thrasher: Medium Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 50% of Base Attack as Direct Damage over 3 seconds. As the Moon waxes, the chance to Bleed on Medium Attacks is 100%.
• Punisher, Moon Knight: The duration of Bleeds are increased 40%.

Justice on Wheels - Unique Synergy
• Night Thrasher: Night Thrasher becomes Unstoppable when Dashing towards the enemy.
• Ghost Rider: The duration of Bleed, Fate Seal, and Damnation are increased by 40%.

Contest Teammates - Unique Synergy
• Night Thrasher: Critical Hits have a 50% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 70% of Attack as Direct Damage over 4.5 seconds.
• Guillotine: Each Soul grants an additional 100 Critical Rating.

Tactical Training - Unique Synergy
• Captain America (Infinity War), Cyclops (Blue Team), Star-Lord: Grants Synergy Partners a 50% chance to apply a Disorient Debuff for 3 seconds on a Well Timed Block.

Recommended Masteries

Precision
• Night Thrasher's Critical Hits are boosted by his Special 2 but only for a temporary duration. Boosting his Critical Hit Rating gives him access to increased damage without relying on Special 2.

Inequity / Despair
• Throughout the fight, Night Thrasher will have inflicted Debuffs on his opponent. Inequity will allow Night Thrasher to survive for longer while applying his gadget Debuffs. Pick up Despair to shut down opponents that rely on Regenerative Health effects.

Strengths

Anti-Incinerate
• Night Thrasher has added immunity against Incinerate attacks thanks to his custom-made armor.

Disorient
• Night Thrasher's Smoke Capsule gadget reduces the opponent's ability to trigger defensive abilities allowing him to go on the offensive without much worry.

Taunt
• A taunted opponent will be more likely to activate a Special Attack, allowing a skilled Night Thrasher to control the pace of a fight in his favor.

Weaknesses

Playstyle
• Managing your Gadget Debuffs on your opponent is paramount. Mixing Heavies and Specials into your fighting style is key. This is a challenge that experienced players will want to contend with.

Power Manipulation
• Abilities targeting Night Thrasher's power meter will significantly impact his ability to Debuff his opponent. If Night Thrasher can't effectively Debuff his opponent his damage potential becomes limited.

Purify
• Champions that shrug off Debuffs will disrupt Night Thrasher's playstyle and limit his damage potential.

Comments

• Ok It says he’s immune to incinerate effects? Does this include the aura of incineration or just applied incinerations?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 1,716
    I see you guys are really trying to buff Moon Knight through synergies this month. Might be worth testing out when Darkhawk comes.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 49
    Do his shock/incinerate debuffs stack? (can you have more than one stack of each debuff?)
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 326
    night thrasher? more like belongs in the trash

memes aside he has some pretty sweet synergies tbh
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,106
    Looks fun!!! Although backstory is basically marvel Batman... the skateboard attacks look awesome! 👏🏼
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 262
    I'm just repeating the same question. How well does he go against Mephisto's Aura Incineration and Red Hulk's incineration burst damage ? Does he immune to them?
    Or is he just immune to incinerate debuff?
    @Kabam Zibiit

I have noticed that there are 2 type of incineration immune in the game: superior and inferior.

Inferior - just immune to incinerate debuff BUT NOT to Mephisto's Aura Incineration. Example: Red Hulk, Vulture (when awaken).

Superior - immune to incinerate debuff AND to Mephisto's Aura Incineration. Example: Void, Mephisto.

So far, there's no champ that's immune to Red Hulk's burst incinerate damage.

I could be wrong on the champion example as I'm not using them that often. So let me know if I'm wrong.
    FactorQ wrote: »
    Do his shock/incinerate debuffs stack? (can you have more than one stack of each debuff?)

Unfortunately no. I've seen a leak footage and you can only refresh them. I could be wrong. You need to play him to test him out
    @Kabam Zibiit
    I would love to know the synergy availability across each rarity of this champ, if you don't mind sharing with the community.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,353
    I think he looks fun. That Taunt, plus ability to stack Fury buffs (up to almost +200% Attack...) definitely reminds one of Sparky. It'll be interesting to see what the community makes of 'guy on a skateboard'.

Question: given that they're blind, are the Daredevil twins immune to the effects of the smoke capsule?

(BTW, just as a heads-up, I'll be asking the same question about Darkhawk's Stealth mode in about two weeks 😉)
  • DjinAFDjinAF Posts: 38
    Ok It says he’s immune to incinerate effects? Does this include the aura of incineration or just applied incinerations?

Obviously, if it says immune than he should be.
  • DjinAFDjinAF Posts: 38
    I think he is among best skill champs.
  • night thrasher? more like belongs in the trash

memes aside he has some pretty sweet synergies tbh
    Nice spongebob reference

• will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 4,657
    It says he is immune to incinerate effects. So he is immune to all incinerate damage, including mephisto's aura
  • If champs were immune to rulk's incinerate damage who would want rulk so there will probably never be a champ immune to that
  • DjinAF wrote: »
    Ok It says he’s immune to incinerate effects? Does this include the aura of incineration or just applied incinerations?

Obviously, if it says immune than he should be.

Sorry it was so obvious, i must have issues the line about incinerate immunity...

I asked this because there’s been champions, unawakened red hulk, and vulture who are “incinerate immune” but not incinerate damage immune, I just wanted clarification
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    So far, there's no champ that's immune to Red Hulk's burst incinerate damage.

I could be wrong on the champion example as I'm not using them that often. So let me know if I'm wrong.

Not wrong, but a little outdated. Red Hulk doesn't deal bursts of Energy damage any more; he was changed to inflict Physical damage when he was buffed in the beta. Red Hulk does develop scaling resistance to localised incineration damage with his Sig now, too.
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 4,657
    Red Hulk doesn't do incinerate damage. His incinerate only comes when he launches a sp3, which causes an incinerate debuff
  • Ok It says he’s immune to incinerate effects? Does this include the aura of incineration or just applied incinerations?

Yep, being immune to Incinerate effects makes him immune to both Incinerate Debuffs and other effects like Aura of Incineration.

Also, since someone mentioned Vulture and Red Hulk, I just wanted to mention that those characters work a bit differently, as described in their abilities. Vulture's signature ability allows him to absorb Incinerate Debuffs to fill his Chitauri energy. Red Hulk removes Incinerate Debuffs he would suffer and converts them to Heat Charges. These two abilities are specifically designed to interact with Debuffs, but not other effects. However, Red Hulk's signature ability does give him additional Incinerate Damage Resistance, which would help against Mephisto's Aura.
  • FactorQ wrote: »

The Shock and Incinerate do not stack. That is to say you won't be seeing a Shock stack on top of itself if Night Thrasher hits his opponent with two SP1 attacks. However, Night Thrasher's Shock and Incinerate Debuffs can be refreshed when his opponent is Knocked Down so it is possible to keep Shock and Incinerate up for an entire fight!
  • bloodyCain wrote: »
    @Kabam Zibiit
    I would love to know the synergy availability across each rarity of this champ, if you don't mind sharing with the community.

Sure thing! Here you go:

• 2-Star and up: Midnight Pursuit and Tactical Training
    • 3-Star and up: Contest Teammates
    • 4-Star and up: Justice on Wheels
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 267
    • Night Thrasher: Medium Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 50% of Base Attack as Direct Damage over 3 seconds. As the Moon waxes, the chance to Bleed on Medium Attacks is 100%.

Moonknight is only applying and reapplying 1 instance of bleed instead of "bleeds," is that working as intended?
    If so, what is the point of increasing his bleed duration?

On Opponent Knockdown
    • Refresh the duration of all active Gadget Debuffs.

***Developer Note: Knockdowns occur after successfully landing a Heavy Attack, Special 1, or Special 2. ...

• After being Knocked Down Night Thrasher has a 50% chance to Purify all Debuffs.

***Developer Note: Players can also expect Night Thrasher to have a tough mental psyche with the ability shrug off Debuffs after being Knocked Down.

Sorry, but doesn't knockdown also happen after an SP3?

My opponents always seem to be picking themselves up after I've hit them with one.

Obviously it's relevant, because if SP3 doesn't count as a knockdown, then NT's Special-3 doesn't refresh his debuffs; and he can't shake off any debuffs arising from a Special-3.

Thanks for checking!
    edited December 7
    Synergy Bonuses

Is this synergy described the right way round?

Night Thrasher inflicts bleeds based on the phase of the moon?

And Moon Knights' bleeds, which continually refresh instead of stacking, get longer?

As @Immortal says, that doesn't achieve very much for Moon Knight; whereas letting him build up a few stacks would have done. It will make a potentially massive difference to NT, if he's Awakened. Just MM to build Furies and stack increasingly damaging bleeds!

On which subject, do NT's synergy bleeds stack?
  • Hi I’m just wondering is Night Trasher bug or not I have A 5 star one great champion but seems like something wrong his abilities don’t add up?
  • I have an unduped 4* version ... just can’t seem to see any situation where i would use this champ ... don’t see god tier damage or utility
    I have an unduped 4* version ... just can’t seem to see any situation where i would use this champ ... don’t see god tier damage or utility

He is more like a champion that would be useful to beginners and intermediate players. For those that are highly active and competitive, he isn't much of a use.
    His debuffs can't be stacked which is quite useless.
    His heavy attack is just a short range which means difficult to knock opponent down to refresh his gadget debuffs UNLESS you parry them first before do your heavy. (Which is a quite difficult task to do on limber and stun immune node).

I think KABAM also doesn't care about this champ 'cause in his synergy description with MK, why does the moon phase has anything to do with him and not MK?
    Plus, MK's 2nd medium is super difficult to chain into his specials. At this point, they should revisit MK and fix his 2nd medium attack. It's ridiculous. It has been 4 years now and you let this awesome poor bastard with an unfixed bug? Come on KABAM!
  • For those wondering, the Midnight Pursuit synergy is correct; it gives Moon Knight and Punisher increased Bleed duration and it give Night Thrasher a chance to Bleed on his Medium attacks, with an increased chance as the moon waxes.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 475
    edited December 12
    Nice!
    Does the Darkhawk Champion Spotlight come out on Thursday or Friday of this week? I love reading these
  • nebneb Posts: 369
    Nt is clearly underrated. Hes like gwenpool with higher damage.